Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
sugarysyringe
beginner

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by sugarysyringe »

I hope the script is out soon, and I wonder what issues RTB had to figure out. (<< talking about his post edit.)
Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum »

Tydeus wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:00 pm
Maximmum wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:49 pm Hope the release of the new version will be somewhere tomorrow or so))
I kinda hope it's not until sometime next month, I have plans! And Days Gone is out :lol:
Oh no what do you mean next month? He said he is testing it already, which means a few days to week at max!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

sugarysyringe wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:37 pmI hope the script is out soon, and I wonder what issues RTB had to figure out. (<< talking about his post edit.)
It's because of the rigging... again. :/

The phrase "why fix what isn't broken" doesn't apply to them, they changed it to something new yet again, and I'm still trying to figure out how it's supposed to work. And here I was thinking that the rest of the scripting was going to be easy.
sugarysyringe
beginner

Post by sugarysyringe »

RandomTBush wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:53 pm
sugarysyringe wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:37 pmI hope the script is out soon, and I wonder what issues RTB had to figure out. (<< talking about his post edit.)
It's because of the rigging... again. :/

The phrase "why fix what isn't broken" doesn't apply to them, they changed it to something new yet again, and I'm still trying to figure out how it's supposed to work. And here I was thinking that the rest of the scripting was going to be easy.
Gosh, that sounds tedious. I hope you figure it out!
jayko
advanced

Post by jayko »

RandomTBush wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:53 pmIt's because of the rigging... again. :/

Man, they don't make it easy for anyone. But I suppose with ripping game assets that's the nature of the beast, let alone getting them into a usable state.

At least this is potentially the last time you'll have to fiddle about with their rigging, given Telltale's circumstances.
Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum »

jayko wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:11 am
RandomTBush wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:53 pmIt's because of the rigging... again. :/

Man, they don't make it easy for anyone. But I suppose with ripping game assets that's the nature of the beast, let alone getting them into a usable state.

At least this is potentially the last time you'll have to fiddle about with their rigging, given Telltale's circumstances.
Probs not the last time, there will also be a Definitive Edition for which they will probs change format once again. Of course if they won't and they keep the same S4 format for it then that would be great!
GillMart
ultra-n00b

Post by GillMart »

I'm new to this, I'm just wondering if a new version of ttarchext has been updated for The Final Season.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

GillMart wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:04 amI'm new to this, I'm just wondering if a new version of ttarchext has been updated for The Final Season.
There isn't, but you can extract them by using the "-K" option with this:
Maximmum wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:03 pmHere's the key: 96CA999F8DDA9A87D7CDD9986295AAB8D59596E5A4B99BD0C9559F8590CDCD9FC8B39993C6C49DA0A5A4CFCDA39DBBDDACA78B94D4A66F
GillMart
ultra-n00b

Post by GillMart »

Thanks a million!
jayko
advanced

Post by jayko »

Maximmum wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:23 am Probs not the last time, there will also be a Definitive Edition for which they will probs change format once again. Of course if they won't and they keep the same S4 format for it then that would be great!
They already said it's just the Collection models, so there's no change except for maybe textures.
Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum »

jayko wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:17 pm
Maximmum wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:23 am Probs not the last time, there will also be a Definitive Edition for which they will probs change format once again. Of course if they won't and they keep the same S4 format for it then that would be great!
They already said it's just the Collection models, so there's no change except for maybe textures.
Pretty sure they aren't telling us everything, they probs still gonna improve models in some way, and textures would probs all be S4-ish!
Smolgreen
n00b

Post by Smolgreen »

Maximmum wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:23 pm
jayko wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:17 pm
Pretty sure they aren't telling us everything, they probs still gonna improve models in some way, and textures would probs all be S4-ish!
I highly doubt it works that way.
doing texturing in a completely different style on almost decade old assets is not really comparable to doing them fresh, with proper team for the task.
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

Do you guys think they would upscale the textures from The Collection to make them 4K Ultra HD Textures?
jayko
advanced

Post by jayko »

I suppose we don't know how the Definitive Edition will actually look in terms of assets until we see it... which in retrospect is kinda scummy for them to charge so much without even showing screenshots of what you're buying.
sugarysyringe
beginner

Post by sugarysyringe »

jayko wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:52 pm I suppose we don't know how the Definitive Edition will actually look in terms of assets until we see it... which in retrospect is kinda scummy for them to charge so much without even showing screenshots of what you're buying.
True. At least with the Collection, comparisons were presented.