Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Identity V .FSB Audio Files

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Blaze Modz
advanced

Identity V .FSB Audio Files

Post by Blaze Modz »

I really love the voice acting, and sound design in this game. I'd love to have these files. I was able to use regular FSB Extractors, but none seem to Really work, as They either output files that are 0 seconds long, or nothing at all, so it seems like it may be a newer/different type of FSB? I've left a link for the example zip here. Any help is appreciated! I'd like whatever program that can properly extract these, so let me know if you find one! :D

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0ravyfxo ... v.rar/file
Hiya!! ^^
brendan19
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Identity V .FSB Audio Files

Post by brendan19 »

If none of the FSB extractors work, it's more than likely FSB with vorbis encoding.

You can split the FSB5 file into the individual audio files inside the FSB5 file with a tool. I've attached the tool I used to do this to this post. Use the Batch.bat file to do multiple FSB files.

The only drawback to the tool is that if there are multiple files with the exact same file name, it will automatically overwrite them.
FSB5 Splitter.zip
Download vgmstream and you can use it with winamp or foobar2000 to playback the files. Use the test.exe to convert them into WAV if you want to as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blaze Modz
advanced

Post by Blaze Modz »

brendan19 wrote:If none of the FSB extractors work, it's more than likely FSB with vorbis encoding.

You can split the FSB5 file into the individual audio files inside the FSB5 file with a tool. I've attached the tool I used to do this to this post. Use the Batch.bat file to do multiple FSB files.

The only drawback to the tool is that if there are multiple files with the exact same file name, it will automatically overwrite them.
FSB5 Splitter.zip
Download vgmstream and you can use it with winamp or foobar2000 to playback the files. Use the test.exe to convert them into WAV if you want to as well.
Hey there! Thank you SO MUCH! It worked! You're a beautiful genius! :)
Hiya!! ^^
needsb
n00b

Post by needsb »

To extract all fsb and in subfolders with vgmstream, you can use this batch script :)

Code: Select all

FOR /R %%a IN (*.fsb) DO "(PATH TO test.exe)" -l 2 -f 10 -o "%%a.wav" "%%a"
tkwtan
ultra-n00b

Post by tkwtan »

brendan19 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:24 pm If none of the FSB extractors work, it's more than likely FSB with vorbis encoding.

FSB5 Splitter.zip
Hey, if anyone is sill reading this post may I just for some assistance in doing these step-by-step? I've already got all required files downloaded, with no idea on how to use them at all... :/