Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War maxscript (.skel .mesh)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
MorgothZeONE
advanced

Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War maxscript (.skel .mesh)

Post by MorgothZeONE »

TSelman61X wrote:
MorgothZeONE wrote:does anyone know if Shelob's Spider, ...
That must be the Spider. But this model doesn't look like a spider in the trailer. :-)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-vOAL ... oopg8iimdU
I don't think I'il find the other one.
hmm, now that i think about it, shelob herself was in pre-rendered cutscenes using the game engine, so odds are she isn't in the files (either of her forms for that matter)
so that's unfortunate... very unfortunate

so what about the drakes, because i've only found the head and wing webbing, as well as textures, not the whole model (idk why it's so illusive)
Graesholt
beginner

Post by Graesholt »

TSelman61X wrote:
MorgothZeONE wrote:does anyone know if Shelob's Spider, ...
That must be the Spider. But this model doesn't look like a spider in the trailer. :-)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-vOAL ... oopg8iimdU
I don't think I'il find the other one.
This, I believe, would be the model of the spider that appears above the floating shards when collecting Shelob memories.
As Shelob, regardless of shape, only appears in pre-rendered cut-scenes, it would surprise me if a model of her was found in the gamefiles (she could be in there somewhere as cut content, stranger things have happened, but I wouldn't bet on it).
How good would a Shelob boss-fight have been, though?
MorgothZeONE wrote:so what about the drakes, because i've only found the head and wing webbing, as well as textures, not the whole model (idk why it's so illusive)
The drake model, I believe, is located in \characters\modelcharacters\fellbeast
As far as I know there is no fellbeast in the game, my best guess being that this was repurposed and remodelled early in developement, but never renamed.
If you're missing anything else, I can try my eyes at finding it. Even though I'm still having trouble with the UV's of some models, I have yet to find a model in the game I cannot locate in the files...

On the subject of my busted UVs;
Would anyone be willing to pull the example file above (model located in \prefabs\artifacts\ancorcsword, textures located in \prefabs\artifacts\materials) out of their game archives, and see if they encounter the same issue, or if they are able to correct the UVs (by manipulating the map channel setting), as Zaramot has detailed?
This would tell me if the issue is indeed the script, or if something has gone wrong in the unpacking of my game archives.
I would perform this test myself, but I fear my data would be of little use, extracting the same files from the same archives using the same technique.

Btw, Zaramot, did anyone ever send you those Naz’gul you were looking for?
If not, I think I might be able to find them.
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

Graesholt wrote: ... \characters\modelcharacters\fellbeast
These must be https://drive.google.com/open?id=13YAMC ... fbTyr6HiTG
But there's a problem with UVs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Graesholt
beginner

Post by Graesholt »

TSelman61X wrote:But there's a problem with UVs.
I will admit blankly that I did not think to check that.
MorgothZeONE
advanced

Post by MorgothZeONE »

Graesholt wrote:
TSelman61X wrote:But there's a problem with UVs.
I will admit blankly that I did not think to check that.
i guess i must be looking in the wrong embb files, but it's a shame the UVs are messed up

speaking of embb files, what are the ones that hold all the Nazgul, and Uruk/Olog armors called, as i can't find those either

no need to send the files, i just wanna know where they are located
Graesholt
beginner

Post by Graesholt »

MorgothZeONE wrote:i guess i must be looking in the wrong embb files [...]

speaking of embb files, what are the ones that hold all the [...]
There's your problem right there, boi.
Way easier than looking through the game's .embb files is just unpacking the whole lot and searching. That way you can find whatever you want.

I have unpacked the entire game, so I can give you the directories of what you want, but not the .embb files containing them.
If it's a space issue (which is the only reason I can fathom for doing things the way I understand you to be doing them), external harddrives are like way cheap nowadays, yo!

The Nazgûl are located in \characters\modelcharacters\nazgul and their weapons should be located in \characters\modelweapons\nazgul
The Nazgûl HD textures are located in a folder simpy called \nazgul in your export directory.

As for orc and olog armor, what I could find was in the folders \characters\modelcharacters\orcs and \characters\modelcharacters\ologhai (special armor will be located in the subfolder of each of these called 'flair')
The HD textures for orc/olog armor are scattered all over your main directory...

If you need anything specific that you cannot find in these folders, let me know and I'll take another look.
Just to illustrate my point with exporting into one directory, finding this stuff took me literally 5 minutes, just searching 'nazgul' and 'armor'.
MorgothZeONE
advanced

Post by MorgothZeONE »

Graesholt wrote:
I have unpacked the entire game, so I can give you the directories of what you want, but not the .embb files containing them.
If it's a space issue (which is the only reason I can fathom for doing things the way I understand you to be doing them), external harddrives are like way cheap nowadays, yo!

The Nazgûl are located in \characters\modelcharacters\nazgul and their weapons should be located in \characters\modelweapons\nazgul
The Nazgûl HD textures are located in a folder simpy called \nazgul in your export directory.

As for orc and olog armor, what I could find was in the folders \characters\modelcharacters\orcs and \characters\modelcharacters\ologhai (special armor will be located in the subfolder of each of these called 'flair')
The HD textures for orc/olog armor are scattered all over your main directory...

If you need anything specific that you cannot find in these folders, let me know and I'll take another look.
Just to illustrate my point with exporting into one directory, finding this stuff took me literally 5 minutes, just searching 'nazgul' and 'armor'.
alright, i'll try and see what i can find on my end, and i'll PM you on what comes up. i feel dumb not asking questions like this sooner, but hey better late than never
crysis150
ultra-n00b

Post by crysis150 »

Any chances to export the animations ?
nagha69
ultra-n00b

Post by nagha69 »

I think i extracted all the game but I'm not finding the gollum and the Balrog * .mesh
but i find *.skel
if anyone find them or can help me for find them Would be appreciated
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

nagha69 wrote:I think i extracted all the game but I'm not finding the gollum and the Balrog * .mesh
but i find *.skel
if anyone find them or can help me for find them Would be appreciated
After you export the archives of the game, you must re-export the newly created files.

You can export all of your embb files again. But do not export these "photomode.embb, balrog.embb" files.
Farrarie
beginner

Post by Farrarie »

zaramot wrote:Hey! I know about some troubles with the script, mainly with cloth, I can't fix it unfortunatelly (like robes of Sauron's fair form, it's cloth physics meshes). As for Balrog, his uv's I can fix them, just need his model. Also, does anyone have models of new nazgul from DLC "The Blade of Galadriel "? If anyone could get it or got already, please send me a PM. Thanks!

Here's how they look like
[img]
here the all the files for the balrog, the UV is really messed up
and thanks a lot for your work keep it up friend
DarthphoeniX
beginner

Post by DarthphoeniX »

Hi! can someone help me modify the script to only import the mesh without the skeleton? I tried to delete some lines but it does not work [bruce] . Thanks!
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

It's model from dlc or from base game? Do you have a sample?
Making model-import scripts, PM
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

Sorry for the bump

A request was made through the xentax discord to have zaramot's maxscript converted to a noesis plugin.
I have gone through zaramot's maxscript line for line and convert it comparably to python, the attached script below will work with Noesis

fmt_shadowofwar_mesh.zip

*The script only views meshes, UV's and texture loading was not incorporated in this python script. of course any previous issues with the maxscript are inherited such as it not working with certain files or models. I would have looked into it, but I only had access to the spider sample posted here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by erik945 »

A small addition to the Zaramot's script
Changed the logic for processing UW coordinates.
Now the script always creates 2 channels and sometimes changes their order.