Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Blacksmith - an Assassin's Creed: Odyssey extraction tool

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
cire992
beginner

Re: Blacksmith - an Assassin's Creed: Odyssey extraction tool

Post by cire992 »

Fantastic! I've tested a few origins models, exporting is working fine- including uvs. Testing Odyssey for the first time, the models are exporting fine. For Odyssey, the only model type I've had trouble with yet are character meshes (DataPC_SharedGroup_00/ACD_CHB_SPA_H12_Helmet_LOD0). The error message is usually: 'Failed to read model. Unable to read beyond the end of the stream'. I haven't found anything besides character models that throw this error. I've tested various environments, weapons, trees, and boats, all working just like with Origins.

Can't believe you've already moved into Odyssey, though. Seriously impressive stuff, man. Can't thank you enough. :mrgreen:

edit: Oh, jaysus, he uploaded another version while I was typing. I'm gonna test out 1.5.1, I'll amend this post as needed.

1.5.1 edit:

Textures are working! I'm trying textures from both games. I noticed a weird glitch last week regarding textures. It only happens on some images, and I can't find any pattern with it. I've attached an image of what it looks like. Here's a path to one: DataPC_ACD_Greece/ACD_SHD_Wood_03_DiffuseMap.

The issue with the Odyssey character models is still applicable to 1.5.1. The error message has some extra jargon, but seems to be the same problem I described above.

Other than that, two giant thumbs up from me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cire992 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Leo73
beginner

Post by Leo73 »

Very nice Tool! Finally i got a chance to try Blacksmith and it works well. But i got an Import Error in Blender, and then in 3DS Max too.

1. i extracted from Origins DataPC_ACE_Egypt the following two files:
-CE_A_Hyena_Body_LOD0
-CE_A_Hyena_Hair_LOD0

ImportError.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tkcik
ultra-n00b

Post by tkcik »

Hello,
I think this is a great tool and thank you so much your incredible efforts but I got a failure message when I tried to pick some meshes. Not every mesh especially under the DataPC_SharedGroup_00.forge. :roll:

Also I have to same error in the top message when I tried to mesh import into blender. I imported mesh into 3dcoat successfully. :)
Ezekiel
beginner

Post by Ezekiel »

Tried in 4 programs to open your new OBJ format, failed.
Something funny tho, Zmodeler2 can open it but can't export.

That and few textures format program can't read right
Just as guys above Reported.

Edit:
tested on animals
Noesis acor script can load anything but, without UV data.

If you could focus on UV for now, since acor python can read mesh data
pineapples721
advanced

Post by pineapples721 »

Thanks everyone for your explanatory feedback. The issues you all face seem to surround how Blacksmith handles models with skeletons. I assure you all that I am poking at models with skeletons (animals, armor, heads, etc.), and these errors will be resolved in the next update.

If any of you read the changelog on the GitHub repo, you will notice that I write "Initial Odyssey 3D model support". This is true of Origins as well. When I write this, it means that I have laid the foundation of the 3D model importer, but the importer is far from perfection (working with every model). I want you to be aware that I know that the importers will not fully work upon their debuts in Blacksmith.

The next major update could release mid-April 2019?
Leo73
beginner

Post by Leo73 »

pineapples721 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:40 pm Thanks everyone for your explanatory feedback. The issues you all face seem to surround how Blacksmith handles models with skeletons. I assure you all that I am poking at models with skeletons (animals, armor, heads, etc.), and these errors will be resolved in the next update.

If any of you read the changelog on the GitHub repo, you will notice that I write "Initial Odyssey 3D model support". This is true of Origins as well. When I write this, it means that I have laid the foundation of the 3D model importer, but the importer is far from perfection (working with every model). I want you to be aware that I know that the importers will not fully work upon their debuts in Blacksmith.

The next major update could release mid-April 2019?
of course, we thank you for all your work. I just wanted to report the issue, looking forward to the next version and still looking every day to this thread :)
Mediasylum
ultra-n00b

Post by Mediasylum »

Seems like 3D model export was ok in 1.5 preview,
but in 1.5.1 the models have issues with vertex maps
(completely messed UV's, which is crucial, and absent normals, which is not a problem cause baked normals must be dealt with anyway)

This tool is fantastic so far.
Static meshes are great, but skinned model export would be even greater.
oscarcasin
ultra-n00b

Post by oscarcasin »

First of all thank you for your exceptional work.
But I can't use it: where am I wrong? I didn't install Assassin's Creed Origin but I have the .forge file available. So, I open Blacksmith 1.5.1 then I select the Assassin's Creed Origin file folder. I save a mesh in .obj but nothing happens. Also I don't see the preview of model in Blacksmith. Maybe it's because I didn't install the game?
Please can you help me?

Thanks
Soda1459
beginner

Post by Soda1459 »

Hi !

Awesome work, dude, thank you so much for this tool :D But each time I try to open a texture map from Odyssey, I got an error and sometimes Blacksmith freezes. Can you help ?
pineapples721
advanced

Post by pineapples721 »

PSA: If you received a PM from me, please respond. I want to locate and iron out each issue/error that you each faced.

Would any of you be interested in a channel on Discord for the discussion of Blacksmith?
Leo73
beginner

Post by Leo73 »

pineapples721 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:36 am PSA: If you received a PM from me, please respond. I want to locate and iron out each issue/error that you each faced.

Would any of you be interested in a channel on Discord for the discussion of Blacksmith?
i would definitely be interested! :)
pineapples721
advanced

Post by pineapples721 »

I created the Discord server. https://discord.gg/tjyCvcP
marcuse69500
ultra-n00b

Post by marcuse69500 »

Hi, I'm trying to get a 3d model from Assassin's Creed Odyssey (more precisely the Immortal hood to print it with my 3d printer). I found the file but every time I try to open it I get this message : Image

What should I do to get the mesh ?
Thank for your software :wink:
pineapples721
advanced

Post by pineapples721 »

PSA: Please do not post errors/issues here anymore. Put them on the Discord server.
LorSakyamuni
ultra-n00b

Post by LorSakyamuni »

Thanks a lot for this tool, was waiting for it!

The issue I'm having is about normal maps in Origins. I've seen that it's not the tool's fault, but I was wondering how others are actually extracting them or having them to show up correctly in photoshop.