Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
stuffed
ultra-n00b

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by stuffed »

Hey :) is it possible to import a d3d mesh with the script without having to choose an skl file? I’m planning to extract objects from Sam and max’s office, but it asks for an skl file for every d3d mesh I import. :)
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

stuffed wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:31 pmHey :) is it possible to import a d3d mesh with the script without having to choose an skl file? I’m planning to extract objects from Sam and max’s office, but it asks for an skl file for every d3d mesh I import. :)
Yep, just hit "Cancel" on that window and it'll import without a bone structure.
stuffed
ultra-n00b

Post by stuffed »

D'oh, I should've tested it more thoroughly haha. Thank you!
sugarysyringe
beginner

Post by sugarysyringe »

So... The series is over. Clem's story is over.
Many tears were shed tonight.
Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum »

Now i can't wait for a tool even more to also have these 2 models of Clem this episode introduced ;) Esp. flashback one!
jayko
advanced

Post by jayko »

Man, what a good season. Looking forward to getting to grips with these models even though the textures seem to get more complicated to both convert and actually use with each game.
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

I’m gonna miss Lee, Kenny, Clementine and other characters in The Walking Dead. I wanted to see a sequel for The Walking Dead: Michonne but I don’t think that’s gonna happen because a lot of people hated that game.
voxeltrance
ultra-n00b

Post by voxeltrance »

deleted
Last edited by voxeltrance on Sun May 23, 2021 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
MachoBrizzin
ultra-n00b

Post by MachoBrizzin »

Escope12 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:45 am I’m gonna miss Lee, Kenny, Clementine and other characters in The Walking Dead. I wanted to see a sequel for The Walking Dead: Michonne but I don’t think that’s gonna happen because a lot of people hated that game.
The saddest part of this is that those characters will soon just fade into our memories. Years from now, the game's subreddit will probably be dead. I mean, the games are finished. The story is done. Now we all move on. It's just gonna be memories from here on out... That hurts the most.

Man, I hope the update comes soon!
voxeltrance
ultra-n00b

Post by voxeltrance »

deleted
Last edited by voxeltrance on Sun May 23, 2021 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

voxeltrance wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:16 pm
MachoBrizzin wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:09 pm
Escope12 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:45 am I’m gonna miss Lee, Kenny, Clementine and other characters in The Walking Dead. I wanted to see a sequel for The Walking Dead: Michonne but I don’t think that’s gonna happen because a lot of people hated that game.
The saddest part of this is that those characters will soon just fade into our memories. Years from now, the game's subreddit will probably be dead. I mean, the games are finished. The story is done. Now we all move on. It's just gonna be memories from here on out... That hurts the most.

Man, I hope the update comes soon!
this is exactly why we need an update as soon as possible *cough cough* so we can make stuff before the entire community is gone *cough, wheeze, cough cough*
I’m sure we’ll get an update soon. Please be patient.
voxeltrance
ultra-n00b

Post by voxeltrance »

deleted
Last edited by voxeltrance on Sun May 23, 2021 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

MachoBrizzin wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:09 pm
Years from now, the game's subreddit will probably be dead.
I think the saddest part here is you had to go mention reddit *shudder*

Skybound who're responsible for the Walking Dead comics did open up a studio and were the ones who finished the game (Is the last episode out yet btw?), so chances of getting more TWD games is kinda pretty high. Though in the style of Telltale? Who knows. Maybe it'll be those lame FPS games that nobody ever talks about.

Just wondering though, a few posts back RTD mentioned 3DS Max crashing, does that mean he cant do auto port with materials? I wonder if he loads all the mesh parts at the same time, I find some maps refuse to load if you do it that way, you end up having to run a 3ds clean up thing to free the memory quite frequently.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Tydeus wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:24 pmJust wondering though, a few posts back RTD mentioned 3DS Max crashing, does that mean he cant do auto port with materials? I wonder if he loads all the mesh parts at the same time, I find some maps refuse to load if you do it that way, you end up having to run a 3ds clean up thing to free the memory quite frequently.
Apparently it doesn't crash in 3DS Max 2018, so I'm guessing something was fixed between 2015 (second latest version I've got installed) and then. But then again I haven't added *all* of them yet, so I could end up re-breaking it.

But since you mentioned it ("loads all the mesh parts at the same time"), I really should optimize the importing function itself at some point in time to import everything as a single mesh instead of separate ones. ...After the Final Season script update, though, I've been procrastinating too much. :bleh:
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

RandomTBush wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:30 pm
Tydeus wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:24 pmJust wondering though, a few posts back RTD mentioned 3DS Max crashing, does that mean he cant do auto port with materials? I wonder if he loads all the mesh parts at the same time, I find some maps refuse to load if you do it that way, you end up having to run a 3ds clean up thing to free the memory quite frequently.
Apparently it doesn't crash in 3DS Max 2018, so I'm guessing something was fixed between 2015.
Heh I just noticed I called you RTD, old Doctor Who habit (Russell T Davies). How about the earlier versions? I never bothered upgrading after 2009 lol.

For some reason I procrastinate playing games, I have an unopened Uncharted 4 to play and a whole backlog of games to buy :D