Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

3dmigoto model ripping

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
jackblack
ultra-n00b

3dmigoto model ripping

Post by jackblack »

Hi, everybody, there is dx11 wrapper called 3dmigoto, among many other options it can dump index and vertex buffers as a text file. There is a blender importer but it says "Only draw calls using single vertex buffer and single index buffer are supported". Every game I've tried to rip models from apparently uses more. Is there any way to update blender importer or maybe make obj converter or noesis plugin? By the way, it says it rips more stuff than ninja ripper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: 3dmigoto model ripping

Post by Darko »

I can rip rigged models from certain games like doa6 and doaxv. I hope someone can make a tutorial about how to rip models, should be useful.
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

jackblack wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:10 amIs there any way to update blender importer
Assumed you don't need tangents and binormals simply delete this from the vb0 txt file:

Code: Select all

element[3]:
  SemanticName: TANGENT
  SemanticIndex: 0
  Format: R16G16B16A16_SNORM
  InputSlot: 1
  AlignedByteOffset: 0
  InputSlotClass: per-vertex
  InstanceDataStepRate: 0
element[4]:
  SemanticName: BINORMAL
  SemanticIndex: 0
  Format: R16G16B16A16_SNORM
  InputSlot: 1
  AlignedByteOffset: 8
  InputSlotClass: per-vertex
  InstanceDataStepRate: 0
remove the vb1 txt file from the folder, import the ib txt file and you're done. (Well, nearly, you need to scale down the whole thing to make it visible?)
IB_VB.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
eArmada8
ultra-n00b

Post by eArmada8 »

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I ran into the same issue and was able to work around it. I wrote a pair of python scripts that 1. merge the vertex buffers into a single buffer compatible with the import plugin, and 2. split them back up for re-injection into the game (assuming you want to do that). I'm posting here because this thread comes up when I search for the error message, so hopefully this helps someone at some point!

https://github.com/eArmada8/vbuffer_mer ... t/releases

I wrote this using trails of cold steel 4, and I didn't find any other games using multiple vertex buffers so it's untested with other games. I'm not a programmer by trade, and I hope others can take these scripts and make them better.