Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Extract Models and Textures from PS4/PS3 Games

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Leo73
beginner

Extract Models and Textures from PS4/PS3 Games

Post by Leo73 »

Hello,

i just searched in Google and in this forum for the information on how to extract 3D Models and Textures so that i can import the models to Blender and the textures to GIMP for example. I am particularly interested in the Game „Yakuza Ishin“ , also known as „Ryu ga Gotoku Ishin“ , the game is available as a Japan Import, for both PS3 and PS4

could someone put me to the right direction? Thanks in Advance

PS : i am sorry for not being able to figure this out by myself
Leo73
beginner

Re: Extract Models and Textures from PS4/PS3 Games

Post by Leo73 »

Managed to get the iso file of the ps3 version of Yakuza Ishin to my pc. also managed to extract the iso via WinRar, and now there are .par and .bin files in the folders...i also found a bms script for .par files...will try that, and then i will see what files i get
Leo73
beginner

Post by Leo73 »

Ok, got it working. The models are in .gmd format. you can import the .gmd files with the python script for blender 2.49b, posted here : https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=8891&start=45
ZackFair00210
ultra-n00b

Post by ZackFair00210 »

Hey umm...I too had a PS3 game Megamind: Ultimate Showdown its awesome! I have the game in 3 parts, it has .psarc files mostly are these the model files?? I tried extracting them using PS3 tools but the tool extracted them into .package files ... :scaredy:
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

ZackFair00210 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:16 pm Hey umm...I too had a PS3 game Megamind: Ultimate Showdown its awesome! I have the game in 3 parts, it has .psarc files mostly are these the model files?? I tried extracting them using PS3 tools but the tool extracted them into .package files ... :scaredy:
PSARC files are Plastation Archive files, which then get extracted into PKG files, which are Packages, its another archive, so you have to extract those PKG files into their file formats, there is no 'ps3 or ps4' file format, almost all games are different because developers use different engines.
You'll want to extract those PKG fies and see what you get out of it, then maybe share those in their own topic and see if anyones able to look into them.
ZackFair00210
ultra-n00b

Post by ZackFair00210 »

Thanks! but I no longer have it now. :]