Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Devil may cry 5 RE engine file list.

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
dracosfire83
ultra-n00b

Re: Devil may cry 5 RE engine file list.

Post by dracosfire83 »

I hate having to ask but can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I cant seem to export anything other then .bin from the pak files with the RE Engine tool and if I try the BMS script it just fails . I've re-read the threads multiple times but I just don't get it. All I'm after is the models. :(
LordKiriYT
n00b

Post by LordKiriYT »

Since so many people are having pRoBlEmS extracting data from Devil May Cry 5. Heres a simple tutorial. All links to files are in this forum and the programs used can be quickly googled and downloaded.

1. Download quickbms.
2. Download noesis. (make sure it is up to date)
3. Download the .pak unpacker.
4. Download the latest file list for dmc5 and ensure that inside the quickbms script (using notepad) the .list filename matches the .list file you downloaded.
5. Download the latest noesis plugin for dmc5 and install.
6. Unpack the .pak file using noesis
7. Boom you're done. Use noesis to find whatever models and textures you want.
Last edited by LordKiriYT on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordKiriYT
n00b

Post by LordKiriYT »

Krauser Kahn wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:28 pm
LordKiriYT wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:48 pm
Krauser Kahn wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:52 am Tried to run the Hook without success, when I start the game with the hook it does nothing. Process is running in the background but game window doesn't appear.

I wanted to know which files are for the EX costumes as a quick search in the logs didn't help much as I don't know the exact names.
The ex costumes may be in the dlc folders but there are low quality textures in player folder with "c" eg. "pl000_c00_nero"
I'm not 100% sure, but I think some files missing in the lists are indeed the EX colors of NPCs which you can change in cinematics. I tried to extract Nico's EX textures but in the current .list we don't have anything like 'pl0400_c00_nico'. So I'll try to make the Hook work and see if I can catch those.
you right you right. I just opened files with the unkown filenames and i saw v's ex colour, too lazy to browse the rest tho
Krauser Kahn
ultra-n00b

Post by Krauser Kahn »

LordKiriYT wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:50 pm
LordKiriYT wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:48 pm

The ex costumes may be in the dlc folders but there are low quality textures in player folder with "c" eg. "pl000_c00_nero"
I'm not 100% sure, but I think some files missing in the lists are indeed the EX colors of NPCs which you can change in cinematics. I tried to extract Nico's EX textures but in the current .list we don't have anything like 'pl0400_c00_nico'. So I'll try to make the Hook work and see if I can catch those.
you right you right. I just opened files with the unkown filenames and i saw v's ex colour, too lazy to browse the rest tho
Hook is not working for me, which is a shame. By the way, how do you open the files that aren't in the list to browse its contents? Like the .DAT and so forth.
LordKiriYT
n00b

Post by LordKiriYT »

Krauser Kahn wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:16 pm
LordKiriYT wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:50 pm
Hook is not working for me, which is a shame. By the way, how do you open the files that aren't in the list to browse its contents? Like the .DAT and so forth.
idk I only checked the .tex and .mes files
pandoodles
ultra-n00b

Post by pandoodles »

Has anyone gotten to the point where they can port custom models back into the game?
Brochacholaa
ultra-n00b

Post by Brochacholaa »

How exactly do you get the meshes, I have the noesis plugin for textures but nothing for mesh

The RE2R mesh importer for 3ds max also crashes the entire program on most imports
dracosfire83
ultra-n00b

Post by dracosfire83 »

:up:
LordKiriYT wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:39 pm Since so many people are having pRoBlEmS extracting data from Devil May Cry 5. Heres a simple tutorial. All links to files are in this forum and the programs used can be quickly googled and downloaded.

1. Download quickbms.
2. Download noesis. (make sure it is up to date)
3. Download the .pak unpacker.
4. Download the latest file list for dmc5 and ensure that inside the quickbms script (using notepad) the .list filename matches the .list file you downloaded.
5. Download the latest noesis plugin for dmc5 and install.
6. Unpack the .pak file using noesis
7. Boom you're done. Use noesis to find whatever models and textures you want.
Thanks this is what I missed.
pandoodles
ultra-n00b

Post by pandoodles »

Brochacholaa wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:57 pm How exactly do you get the meshes, I have the noesis plugin for textures but nothing for mesh

The RE2R mesh importer for 3ds max also crashes the entire program on most imports
The previous page has a great script for noesis that handles meshes: https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php? ... 05#p149466
Brochacholaa
ultra-n00b

Post by Brochacholaa »

pandoodles wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:38 pm
Brochacholaa wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:57 pm How exactly do you get the meshes, I have the noesis plugin for textures but nothing for mesh

The previous page has a great script for noesis that handles meshes: https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php? ... 05#p149466
Was having some issues with the code but got it working now 8)
kitakadze
ultra-n00b

Post by kitakadze »

Hello guys!
I'm trying to follow the instructions for extracting dmc models. But I have a problem with the bms script. I use the file re2_pak_unpack.bms and it gives me an unpacking error. What could be the reason?
This step is completed.
vainiuss1
ultra-n00b

Post by vainiuss1 »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a6o9x33o5 ... k+nr+2.rar

cutscenes watched with ex costumes, should add like 0.5%

need to unlock vergils and v ex costumes first, and play trough the game with different subtitles
z1035240324
ultra-n00b

Post by z1035240324 »

Among the files I unpacked not have. 1808282334
How can I solve it?
ponaromixxx
beginner

Post by ponaromixxx »

A new list of hashes, + 241 hash names!

dmc5_pak_names_release.list
wanwanthw
ultra-n00b

Post by wanwanthw »

+241 lines result:
Extracted 66948 files from F:\Devil May Cry 5\re_chunk_000.pak
Extracted 4766 files with zero compression
Extracted 22268 files compressed with deflate
Extracted 39914 files compressed with zstd