Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Devil may cry 5 RE engine file list.

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

Re: Devil may cry 5 RE engine file list.

Post by uroborostestsubject »

Crux wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:02 pm Whoa looks like you guys are busy here too, I posted on Zenhax asking how to convert a log file into a list file and then I heard you guys are already busy here

How did you guys make the list file?

We need someone with a completed save file to load up every mission once so the log file gets filled, then upload it here so another guy can turn it into a list file with hashes (can someone explain to me how to turn it into a list file?)

Here is a completed campaign save file, if someone has the time to load up everything in the game, please do:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B8Lq0 ... xFW1VUAunw
My log file was also created from completed save file. I selected Mission 17 and 20 to clear it, and then I got this log file. The problem is that when I use the RE2 tool, it is no different than before... Only the same files as before are extracted and new mesh files are rarely extracted.
Crux
ultra-n00b

Post by Crux »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:11 pm
Crux wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:02 pm Whoa looks like you guys are busy here too, I posted on Zenhax asking how to convert a log file into a list file and then I heard you guys are already busy here

How did you guys make the list file?

We need someone with a completed save file to load up every mission once so the log file gets filled, then upload it here so another guy can turn it into a list file with hashes (can someone explain to me how to turn it into a list file?)

Here is a completed campaign save file, if someone has the time to load up everything in the game, please do:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B8Lq0 ... xFW1VUAunw
My log file was also created from completed save file. I selected Mission 17 and 20 to clear it, and then I got this log file. The problem is that when I use the RE2 tool, it is no different than before... Only the same files as before are extracted and new mesh files are rarely extracted.
Wait, do you mean LOG file or LIST file, that's two different things, if you have a LIST file, link it to me I will try to extract
uroborostestsubject
advanced

I don't know how to correctly convert log file to list file. however, if you look at the structure of the list file, you could see that it was created from the log file. It is not perfect, but there is a way to convert the log file to list file. Delete only the first line of my log file, and save the extension of the file as a 'list'. Then change name of the list file with your RE2 tool using. Running the RE2 tool will extract the files.

The problem is that if you do this way, your files will not be organized and have to check the files one by one. I thought I could extract new meshes this way, but it was not successful. :(
Crux
ultra-n00b

Post by Crux »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:38 pm I don't know how to correctly convert log file to list file. however, if you look at the structure of the list file, you could see that it was created from the log file. It is not perfect, but there is a way to convert the log file to list file. Delete only the first line of my log file, and save the extension of the file as a 'list'. Then change name of the list file with your RE2 tool using. Running the RE2 tool will extract the files.

The problem is that if you do this way, your files will not be organized and have to check the files one by one. I thought I could extract new meshes this way, but it was not successful. :(

That's not how it works, a list file is generated from the log file, a list file is exactly the log file but with the hashes next to it.

Fluffy just said in discord that if we wait an hour or so, he will have made a tool to convert the log to the list file.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

Crux wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:44 pm
uroborostestsubject wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:38 pm I don't know how to correctly convert log file to list file. however, if you look at the structure of the list file, you could see that it was created from the log file. It is not perfect, but there is a way to convert the log file to list file. Delete only the first line of my log file, and save the extension of the file as a 'list'. Then change name of the list file with your RE2 tool using. Running the RE2 tool will extract the files.

That's not how it works, a list file is generated from the log file, a list file is exactly the log file but with the hashes next to it.

Fluffy just said in discord that if we wait an hour or so, he will have made a tool to convert the log to the list file.
Thank you for information. :) So that means we're going to have a new tools to extract new meshes. But I have a question. I got this log file by selecting 17 and 20 mission. I'm not sure if I could get a log file of the entire game just by choosing two missions. I want other experts to make sure there's no problem in this area.
Crux
ultra-n00b

Post by Crux »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:01 pm
Crux wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:44 pm

Thank you for information. :) So that means we're going to have a new tools to extract new meshes. But I have a question. I got this log file by selecting 17 and 20 mission. I'm not sure if I could get a log file of the entire game just by choosing two missions. I want other experts to make sure there's no problem in this area.
Exactly we need to merge everyone's log file together, for example one guy plays first half of game, you the 2nd half, with that we will have all the necessary file paths, the tool I just mentioned will be able to create the list file out of that log file and we are all done
Very Cool Dude
n00b

Post by Very Cool Dude »

Last edited by Very Cool Dude on Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Nicknine wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:30 am Where's the tool you're using to extract the files? This list is not suitable for BMS script since it just has names and not corresponding hashes.

EDIT: Ah, found some C# code for generating hashes: https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?p=42344#p42344. I've adapted it to convert the log into hash dictionary. Attaching the resulting file. Here's BMS script for extraction: https://pastebin.com/TctyRd8s
How did you implement the C# code?
uroborostestsubject
advanced

Very Cool Dude wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:05 pm You can't just look through the game's model viewer and make a log from that? I'd say that's all I would need to get working with it.
(http://www.mediafire.com/file/7z0f8c4gb ... 2.zip/file) I have uploaded more log samples. Three files with the same name contain chapters 1 through 8. and the file named Model Viewer is a log of all the characters and enemies in the game.
Nicknine
beginner

Post by Nicknine »

OrangeC wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:50 pm
Nicknine wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:30 am Where's the tool you're using to extract the files? This list is not suitable for BMS script since it just has names and not corresponding hashes.

EDIT: Ah, found some C# code for generating hashes: https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?p=42344#p42344. I've adapted it to convert the log into hash dictionary. Attaching the resulting file. Here's BMS script for extraction: https://pastebin.com/TctyRd8s
Just took the Hash generation code and made a program that runs through the log file line by line generating new lines with hashes.
Crux
ultra-n00b

Post by Crux »

Nicknine wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:14 pm
OrangeC wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:50 pm

Just took the Hash generation code and made a program that runs through the log file line by line generating new lines with hashes.
How did you do that?

I tried pasting it in visual studio, building an exe, then dragging the log file onto it but it didn't work
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Is this a C# or C++ program?
lyhtem
n00b

Post by lyhtem »

Ok just went through 80% of meshes, two things, theres 2 at least 2 types of each mesh i assume high/mid poly gallery mesh and in game mesh which is low poly so possibly iit`s better to just log gallery instead of wasting time on playing to get lower res models
Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus »

I added a feature to my RE PAK tool which should hopefully help with managing file lists for PAK extraction.

More info about the tool here: http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/t ... iting-tool

The tool can extract PAK files, but it has a new feature which lets you combine file lists:

Code: Select all

REtool.exe -combineHashlists list1.txt list2.txt
This will create a list called list1.txt.new which is a combination of both lists with all duplicates removed. Either list can be in the style of re2_pak_names_release.list (hash and filepath for each line) or the log files dumped by Ekey's tool (https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?p=43537#p43537).

Note that it will be slow with really large log files, but give it a few minutes and it will finish.

It would be nice if someone would take the responsibility of managing a "master" file list which is a combination of the various path dumbs people are creating with Ekey's tool.
Last edited by Sectus on Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chalon
n00b

Post by chalon »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:02 pm(http://www.mediafire.com/file/7z0f8c4gb ... 2.zip/file) I have uploaded more log samples. Three files with the same name contain chapters 1 through 8. and the file named Model Viewer is a log of all the characters and enemies in the game.
Ok, using all the log files you posted (this one and previous), and my hacked together program, here's the list file: https://mega.nz/#!GuYAUQIL!c8101qbwyEnV ... sohm6zu9IY

FluffyQuack/Sectus' RE PAK tool now says:

Code: Select all

44109 (65%) known filenames
22839 (34%) unknown filenames
So it's about 2/3 complete.