Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Devil may cry 5 RE engine file list.

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
devilsnake88
beginner

Re: Devil may cry 5 RE engine file list.

Post by devilsnake88 »

OrangeC wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:40 am Okay here is a sample.
Thank you very much :)

@Ekey BTW the issue with W10 users using your re2hook is with the dinput8.dll file.
I tried to take the ones on my computer but I saw your is a custom one.
Any chances to make a w10 version?
Very Cool Dude
n00b

Post by Very Cool Dude »

Last edited by Very Cool Dude on Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devilsnake88
beginner

Post by devilsnake88 »

Very Cool Dude wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:52 am Is that why I can't launch the game after putting the dlls next to the exe? I am on Windows 10. Does it not work on there?
It looks like, yes.
Nicknine
beginner

Post by Nicknine »

Where's the tool you're using to extract the files? This list is not suitable for BMS script since it just has names and not corresponding hashes.

EDIT: Ah, found some C# code for generating hashes: https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?p=42344#p42344. I've adapted it to convert the log into hash dictionary. Attaching the resulting file. Here's BMS script for extraction: https://pastebin.com/TctyRd8s
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chalon
n00b

Post by chalon »

I also (just) generated a list file for the REtool from FluffyQuack to extract the files. But looks like I got beaten to the punch.

By the statistics, the hooked log file courtesy of @OrangeC has ~2200 file names out of a total ~64000. Which makes sense, since it's from just loading in the main menu.

Unfortunately, I'm running Windows 10 and don't have a Windows 7 machine so I can't get any more file names without a log file from a longer run.

Anyway, if anyone wants that it's attached here. I included the hashes that we don't yet know the plaintext for, and the order is whatever chunk order it's in the pak.

EDIT: Newer list on page 5
Last edited by chalon on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

Post by uroborostestsubject »

chalon wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:10 am I also (just) generated a list file for the REtool from FluffyQuack to extract the files. But looks like I got beaten to the punch.

By the statistics, the hooked log file courtesy of @OrangeC has ~2200 file names out of a total ~64000. Which makes sense, since it's from just loading in the main menu.

Unfortunately, I'm running Windows 10 and don't have a Windows 7 machine so I can't get any more file names without a log file from a longer run.

Anyway, if anyone wants that it's attached here. I included the hashes that we don't yet know the plaintext for, and the order is whatever chunk order it's in the pak.

EDIT: Here's a link, since my file limit's too low: https://mega.nz/#!rvgA3CCJ!Ebsva0U0u9Hm ... qMUbmXiwDg
I am currently using Windows 8.1. The list of file names we currently have is not complete, so it was impossible to extract all the files in game. The texture files was partially extracted.. I also want to get a complete list of files but don't know the exact method for this process. If I could get a complete list on my computer, I'm going to try it. Could you tell me how you got the list of file names?
lyhtem
n00b

Post by lyhtem »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:35 pm Now I have progressed to this state. All that remains is to convert the TEX file. I would appreciate if anyone who is capable of programming could share information. :)
Just a Quick one which extensions are the mesh files?
uroborostestsubject
advanced

lyhtem wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:36 pm
uroborostestsubject wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:35 pm Now I have progressed to this state. All that remains is to convert the TEX file. I would appreciate if anyone who is capable of programming could share information. :)
Just a Quick one which extensions are the mesh files?
It's MES format.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

Does anyone have a complete list of file names? If you have a complete log file, please share it with us.
chalon
n00b

Post by chalon »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:12 pmI am currently using Windows 8.1. The list of file names we currently have is not complete, so it was impossible to extract all the files in game. The texture files was partially extracted.. I also want to get a complete list of files but don't know the exact method for this process. If I could get a complete list on my computer, I'm going to try it. Could you tell me how you got the list of file names?
Pretty sure people are using Ekey's hook DLLs from RE2 Remake to get the log. The latest version, I believe, is here: https://zenhax.com/download/file.php?id=6350

You put the two DLLs in the same directory as your DevilMayCry5.exe and then it outputs to a log text file in the same directory. AFAIK, the way it works is it just intercepts each file load and logs the name of it. So the way to get a more complete log would be just to play the game more. I believe the one posted was just from loading into the main menu.

I don't know if Windows 8.1 will have the same problem as in 10, but in my case the game just fails to load if those DLLs are present.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

chalon wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:45 pm
uroborostestsubject wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:12 pmI am currently using Windows 8.1. The list of file names we currently have is not complete, so it was impossible to extract all the files in game. The texture files was partially extracted.. I also want to get a complete list of files but don't know the exact method for this process. If I could get a complete list on my computer, I'm going to try it. Could you tell me how you got the list of file names?
Pretty sure people are using Ekey's hook DLLs from RE2 Remake to get the log. The latest version, I believe, is here: https://zenhax.com/download/file.php?id=6350

You put the two DLLs in the same directory as your DevilMayCry5.exe and then it outputs to a log text file in the same directory. AFAIK, the way it works is it just intercepts each file load and logs the name of it. So the way to get a more complete log would be just to play the game more. I believe the one posted was just from loading into the main menu.

I don't know if Windows 8.1 will have the same problem as in 10, but in my case the game just fails to load if those DLLs are present.
Thank you. :) So if I put these in the appropriate folder and then run the game, will it automatically record the list?
chalon
n00b

Post by chalon »

Yes, it will automatically create a RE{timestamp}.log file (or something like that) in the same directory as the game, which will log each file that your game tries to load.
lyutor1945
beginner

Post by lyutor1945 »

chalon wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:27 pm Yes, it will automatically create a RE{timestamp}.log file (or something like that) in the same directory as the game, which will log each file that your game tries to load.
After I put these two dll files into the exe folder, the game not working
uroborostestsubject
advanced

I succeeded in extracting the new log file. Here is the log file. (http://www.mediafire.com/file/yku9q3j3a ... e.zip/file) The problem is that my log file have more content, but the meshes extracted when using the RE2 tool are no different than before. :(
Crux
ultra-n00b

Post by Crux »

Whoa looks like you guys are busy here too, I posted on Zenhax asking how to convert a log file into a list file and then I heard you guys are already busy here

How did you guys make the list file?

We need someone with a completed save file to load up every mission once so the log file gets filled, then upload it here so another guy can turn it into a list file with hashes (can someone explain to me how to turn it into a list file?)

Here is a completed campaign save file, if someone has the time to load up everything in the game, please do:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B8Lq0 ... xFW1VUAunw