Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Devil may cry 5 RE engine file list.

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

Re: Devil may cry 5 RE engine file list.

Post by uroborostestsubject »

OrangeC wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:16 am Actually i meant the BMS script used for extracting resident evil 2. My thoery might not work as the offsets might be CRC hashes tied to the files themselves.

So not sure how to conver those into a .list file.
Thank you so much for uploading the hook file. :) I deleted the first line at the top of your hook file and was able to extract some files using the RE2 tool. but the problem is TEX file. As you already know, DMC5's texture files take TEX11 format. However, RE2 tools seem to convert only TEX10 format files to DDS... Do you know how to convert TEX11 files to DDS?
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Sorry im only focused on the sounds/music names atm. How did you get some of the files to extract with names? did you delete the first line then change the extension to .list?
uroborostestsubject
advanced

OrangeC wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:36 am Sorry im only focused on the sounds/music names atm. How did you get some of the files to extract with names? did you delete the first line then change the extension to .list?
No. I just deleted the first line in your log file. Then I just used the RE2 tool. I have not checked everything yet, but some files were extracted this way too.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:11 am I've uploaded a one more sample. This is the TEX file of RE2. Only RE2 Tex files are converted, and DMC5 files are not converted. If we analyze the difference between these two files, I think it would be possible to convert DMC5 TEX files to DDS.
if you uploaded a folder full of "DMC5 TEX" samples i can get you a Noesis python script to open them. :]
i only have the one sample you attached so far which was dxt1 by the way.
Last edited by Acewell on Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:46 am
OrangeC wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:36 am Sorry im only focused on the sounds/music names atm. How did you get some of the files to extract with names? did you delete the first line then change the extension to .list?
No. I just deleted the first line in your log file. Then I just used the RE2 tool. I have not checked everything yet, but some files were extracted this way too.
Not quite sure i understand. So the tool just extracted a bunch of dat nameless files like xxxxx.dat?
uroborostestsubject
advanced

OrangeC wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:54 am
Not quite sure i understand. So the tool just extracted a bunch of dat nameless files like xxxxx.dat?
This is a modification of your log file. Try this one. I was able to extract some files with this modified list.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

Acewell wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:53 am
uroborostestsubject wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:11 am I've uploaded a one more sample. This is the TEX file of RE2. Only RE2 Tex files are converted, and DMC5 files are not converted. If we analyze the difference between these two files, I think it would be possible to convert DMC5 TEX files to DDS.
if you uploaded a folder full of "DMC5 TEX" samples i can get you a Noesis python script to open them. :]
i only have the one sample you attached so far which was dxt1 by the way.
Sorry. If I upload all TEX files that way, the file size gets too big. and I don't have the means to do it.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:06 am
OrangeC wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:54 am

This is a modification of your log file. Try this one. I was able to extract some files with this modified list.
Its just extracting the naeless stuff atleast for me. We need thje actual hashes to assign them to the filepaths inside the log file.
EXshinlaSS
ultra-n00b

Post by EXshinlaSS »

I extracted .pak with REtool and without .list file, and got lots of .bin files
and i find some texture flies ,though their extension is .bin
textures i got :https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6061635138
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:09 amSorry. If I upload all TEX files that way, the file size gets too big. and I don't have the means to do it.
i don't need all, just 20 or 30 zipped and uploaded to mega or something,
if not, well, no samples no party. i will move along to the next project. (:
Very Cool Dude
n00b

Post by Very Cool Dude »

Last edited by Very Cool Dude on Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

Acewell wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:32 am
uroborostestsubject wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:09 amSorry. If I upload all TEX files that way, the file size gets too big. and I don't have the means to do it.
i don't need all, just 20 or 30 zipped and uploaded to mega or something,
if not, well, no samples no party. i will move along to the next project. (:
(http://www.mediafire.com/file/pcdg0xxfs ... x.zip/file) Here is the link. This is a part of the TEX files from DMC5.
Last edited by uroborostestsubject on Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

EXshinlaSS wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:50 am I extracted .pak with REtool and without .list file, and got lots of .bin files
and i find some texture flies ,though their extension is .bin
textures i got :https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6061635138
This means that you succeeded in converting TEX files? If so, could you share with us how you convert files?
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

here is Noesis python script to open all the supplied samples so far. :D
tex_DevilMayCry5_PC_tex.zip
supports dxt1, ati1, BC7, top level mip only.
i used some of zaramot's findings and reworked the script a bit for DMC5. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

Acewell wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:55 am here is Noesis python script to open all the supplied samples so far. :D
tex_DevilMayCry5_PC_tex.zip
supports dxt1, ati1, BC7, top level mip only.
i used some of zaramot's findings and reworked the script a bit for DMC5. :)
My God! Thank you so much! :D It seems to have solved the texture problem. All that remains is meshes that have not been extracted with the RE2 tool. I'm checking all MES files now. but some of the boss&enemy models aren't there.(Urizen second form and Angelo, ect). :( How could we solve this problem?