Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Devil may cry 5 RE engine file list.

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

Re: Devil may cry 5 RE engine file list.

Post by uroborostestsubject »

devilsnake88 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:06 pm
uroborostestsubject wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:58 pm
devilsnake88 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:43 pm Can someone post their hooked logs here please?
Is this the log you mentioned?
No I mean the one from re2hook wich is filenames like "natives/x64/streaming/sectionroot/character/player/pl0000/pl0002/pl0002_jacket_albm.tex.10"
Oh, I understand. When I extracted the pak file using the RE2 tool, there were no files in the "Native" folder. Other files(MES,TEX,ect) are only created outside the folder.
devilsnake88
beginner

Post by devilsnake88 »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:12 pm Oh, I understand....
Yes but @OrangeC said he was able to make it work for himself so I'm just asking for his .log file or anyone else for who this tool is working ^^
uroborostestsubject
advanced

devilsnake88 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:29 pm
uroborostestsubject wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:12 pm Oh, I understand....
Yes but @OrangeC said he was able to make it work for himself so I'm just asking for his .log file or anyone else for who this tool is working ^^
I also did what he said. But in my case, valid file did not exist in the folder. Could you please share the information you learned about log files? I also want to know more about how to convert textures.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

Now I have progressed to this state. All that remains is to convert the TEX file. I would appreciate if anyone who is capable of programming could share information. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lyhtem
n00b

Post by lyhtem »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:35 pm Now I have progressed to this state. All that remains is to convert the TEX file. I would appreciate if anyone who is capable of programming could share information. :)
Any luck with weapon meshes? still got about 15gb to download
uroborostestsubject
advanced

lyhtem wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:49 pm
uroborostestsubject wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:35 pm Now I have progressed to this state. All that remains is to convert the TEX file. I would appreciate if anyone who is capable of programming could share information. :)
Does it take a long time to download? If you download it via Steam, it will be downloaded in an hour. The objects has too many files so I can not find it all at once.
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

So I assume the format is the same as RE2 remake then?
Click the thanks button if I helped!
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:45 pmIs this the script you were talking about? (http://www.mediafire.com/file/c3mfq9reb ... ex.py/file) This script shows me this error in the picture.
that script has some obvious discrepancies, for instance,
3 different conditions decoding "dxtType 7" as dxt1, ATI1 and rgba32,
also "dxtType 26" with 3 different conditions decoding as dxt3, dxt5 and ATI2.
post more samples and we'll have a look see. :D
lyhtem
n00b

Post by lyhtem »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:58 pm
lyhtem wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:49 pm
Does it take a long time to download? If you download it via Steam, it will be downloaded in an hour. The objects has too many files so I can not find it all at once.
Yeah takes ages Joys of having really slow internet, Current download speed is arround 350-500Kb/s
Nicknine
beginner

Post by Nicknine »

@OrangeC Can you post the log you got from the hook? I want to see what it looks like.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

I will post it when I get home. Btw it's not a complete log but it s up to the main menu.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

I've uploaded a one more sample. This is the TEX file of RE2. Only RE2 Tex files are converted, and DMC5 files are not converted. If we analyze the difference between these two files, I think it would be possible to convert DMC5 TEX files to DDS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Okay here is a sample.
RE2Hook-[08.10][08.03.19].rar
EXshinlaSS
ultra-n00b

Post by EXshinlaSS »

OrangeC wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:12 pm I bought it and used the steam version. Just dropped the two dlls in the directory with the main exe.

As for the list in have a theory on how to convert the log. Just take the offsets from the printout from the BMW script and add them at the beginning of the directories. Transfer over to list file. Assuming the order if the file list generated is the same as the actual pak file itself. Might need excel to do this.
hey OrangeC,I'm curious how can I extract the offsets of dmc5 files,where can I find the BMW script you mention? is there any tutorial about how to get the offsets ? thanks bruh :keke:
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Actually i meant the BMS script used for extracting resident evil 2. My thoery might not work as the offsets might be CRC hashes tied to the files themselves.

So not sure how to conver those into a .list file.