Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Devil may cry 5 RE engine file list.

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Devil may cry 5 RE engine file list.

Post by OrangeC »

So I used the hook by eskey to generate a filekist since the re 2 tool works to extract the files. Problem is how to take the contents of the log file and turn them into a list file for the tool to read.

Thx.
lyhtem
n00b

Re: Devil may cry 5 RE engine file list.

Post by lyhtem »

Really interested as well, in theory process should be exactly the same as with RE2 remake
Very Cool Dude
n00b

Post by Very Cool Dude »

Last edited by Very Cool Dude on Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

I bought it and used the steam version. Just dropped the two dlls in the directory with the main exe.

As for the list in have a theory on how to convert the log. Just take the offsets from the printout from the BMW script and add them at the beginning of the directories. Transfer over to list file. Assuming the order if the file list generated is the same as the actual pak file itself. Might need excel to do this.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

Post by uroborostestsubject »

I also tried it with the RE2 tool. The models were extracted from the pak file, but there was a problem. I can't convert the tex file to the dds format. Using the RE7 tool for the file, the result was the same. I checked all MES files, but I couldn't extract all of the models because I used the RE2 file list. Most of all, the biggest problem is that TEX files can't be converted to DDS format... Because of this, I can't even mapping the material to the some extracted models. I think it is possible to extract a complete model if the RE2 tool is modified a little and the file list is complete.
lyhtem
n00b

Post by lyhtem »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:27 pm I also tried it with the RE2 tool. The models were extracted from the pak file, but there was a problem. I can't convert the tex file to the dds format. Using the RE7 tool for the file, the result was the same. I checked all MES files, but I couldn't extract all of the models because I used the RE2 file list. Most of all, the biggest problem is that TEX files can't be converted to DDS format... Because of this, I can't even mapping the material to the some extracted models. I think it is possible to extract a complete model if the RE2 tool is modified a little and the file list is complete.
So did You manage to extract any meshes at all ?
uroborostestsubject
advanced

lyhtem wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:33 pm
uroborostestsubject wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:27 pm I also tried it with the RE2 tool. The models were extracted from the pak file, but there was a problem. I can't convert the tex file to the dds format. Using the RE7 tool for the file, the result was the same. I checked all MES files, but I couldn't extract all of the models because I used the RE2 file list. Most of all, the biggest problem is that TEX files can't be converted to DDS format... Because of this, I can't even mapping the material to the some extracted models. I think it is possible to extract a complete model if the RE2 tool is modified a little and the file list is complete.
Sure. I succeeded in extracting four boss models. The problem is that the texture file can't be converted from Tex format to DDS. and it does not have all the characters' meshes in the files extracted using this method. I think it is because I use RE2 file list. If there is a complete list of Devil May Cry 5 files, I think it is possible to extract all the meshes.
lyhtem
n00b

Post by lyhtem »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:38 pm
lyhtem wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:33 pm
Sure. I succeeded in extracting four boss models. The problem is that the texture file can't be converted from Tex format to DDS. and it does not have all the characters' meshes in the files extracted using this method. I think it is because I use RE2 file list. If there is a complete list of Devil May Cry 5 files, I think it is possible to extract all the meshes.
yeah was thinking about same thing, as some files are bound to have same names as RE2, Honestly i`m only interested in Meshes especially Weapons and Some environment stuff,

although game is still Downloading:(
uroborostestsubject
advanced

I think it is possible to utilize all the meshes of this game if we convert the texture files properly and have a list of all the files. The RE2 tool was not perfect, but it worked in part. I don't know much about programming, but If programmers build new tools based on RE2 tool, they could work more easily. I hope to be able to fully extract the models of this game soon. :)
uroborostestsubject
advanced

This is a TEX file I extracted using the above method. This file is hardly converted to DDS format... If you are an expert in programming, I would like you to study with this sample. Both the RE7 and RE2 tool did not work for this file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

I have noesis plugin for .tex textures, it was made for RE2 remake, though of course it's working with DMC 5 too. I'll upload it here later, if no one update tools for Noesis or Blender by that time. I suggest you to check RE2 remake topic, guys there did a great job, so if they will be interested in DMC5 too, they'll just fix scripts a bit (or better everyone should wait a bit for proper extractor and re2 remake tools will work even without editing xD)
Making model-import scripts, PM
devilsnake88
beginner

Post by devilsnake88 »

Can someone post their hooked logs here please?
uroborostestsubject
advanced

zaramot wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:10 pm I have noesis plugin for .tex textures, it was made for RE2 remake, though of course it's working with DMC 5 too. I'll upload it here later, if no one update tools for Noesis or Blender by that time. I suggest you to check RE2 remake topic, guys there did a great job, so if they will be interested in DMC5 too, they'll just fix scripts a bit (or better everyone should wait a bit for proper extractor and re2 remake tools will work even without editing xD)
Is this the script you were talking about? (http://www.mediafire.com/file/c3mfq9reb ... ex.py/file) This script shows me this error in the picture. If not, could you please give me a link?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uroborostestsubject
advanced

devilsnake88 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:43 pm Can someone post their hooked logs here please?
Is this the log you mentioned?
devilsnake88
beginner

Post by devilsnake88 »

uroborostestsubject wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:58 pm
devilsnake88 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:43 pm Can someone post their hooked logs here please?
Is this the log you mentioned?
No I mean the one from re2hook wich is filenames like "natives/x64/streaming/sectionroot/character/player/pl0000/pl0002/pl0002_jacket_albm.tex.10"