Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
eduardowsad
ultra-n00b

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by eduardowsad »

Hi, finally i can import the animation from blender to 3dmax
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Heh,

Well this topic is dead, lol. May as well zombify it for a second. I have written a couple of utilities for assistance with DOAX3 Vita content.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ad1x1gpi ... r_V1.0.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iextc19lk ... r_V1.0.zip

GXT Ripper is for getting the textures. Suit Helper is for extracting container data. If you place the data in Hex2Obj correctly, you can extract the .objs from the containers. No weights, but everything appears scaled correctly, so if you have any experience with the PC files & Blender, applying weights takes minimal work.

Many thanks to xperiagenerator for GXT explanation and to raidergale & dazzy for explaining how to use Hex2Obj.

Good luck! :)
RobhG
ultra-n00b

Post by RobhG »

Protocol X27 wrote:Heh,

Well this topic is dead, lol. May as well zombify it for a second. I have written a couple of utilities for assistance with DOAX3 Vita content.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ad1x1gpi ... r_V1.0.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iextc19lk ... r_V1.0.zip

GXT Ripper is for getting the textures. Suit Helper is for extracting container data. If you place the data in Hex2Obj correctly, you can extract the .objs from the containers. No weights, but everything appears scaled correctly, so if you have any experience with the PC files & Blender, applying weights takes minimal work.

Many thanks to xperiagenerator for GXT explanation and to raidergale & dazzy for explaining how to use Hex2Obj.

Good luck! :)
Any idea how to extract the models from the DOA2 PS2 or Dreamcast?. Obj?
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

RobhG wrote: Any idea how to extract the models from the DOA2 PS2 or Dreamcast?. Obj?
My knowledge only goes as far back as DOA2U on Xbox, but even then I've forgotten alot and only got as far as swapping textures a decade ago. I'm not sure who'd be the leading expert on that. I remember it involved AFS files and some xpr breaker utility.
RobhG
ultra-n00b

Post by RobhG »

Protocol X27 wrote:
RobhG wrote: Any idea how to extract the models from the DOA2 PS2 or Dreamcast?. Obj?
My knowledge only goes as far back as DOA2U on Xbox, but even then I've forgotten alot and only got as far as swapping textures a decade ago. I'm not sure who'd be the leading expert on that. I remember it involved AFS files and some xpr breaker utility.
But the dead or alive 2 PS2, has an extractor that removes all the files of the original format, I even got to host these files in this link, analyzed the files and follows below on them:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x6alwwt03 ... re+ps2.rar

Aya00.psp is the 3D model!
Aya00.tgs is the textures!

Conclusion note of analysis: analyzing models, stages, sounds, needed to verify which file was the texture and which was the 3d model, then it was enough to verify the phases, since the stages can not have bones, only the mesh and the textures, was then Which I confirmed, in the phase folder contains only 2 files, .tgs and .psp, although I have hosted only the ayane model as extraction test.
spartanmark6
ultra-n00b

Post by spartanmark6 »

Does anyone know how to import models from Dead Or Alive Paradise on the PSP? I have used the BMS script by Fatduck (RIP) and tried to use his Fatimporter script for 3DS Max. Unfortunately, I am unable to import a majority of the models since the script was really never finished way back when. I keep getting errors even when using a really old version of 3DS Max. All I really want is to have Rio's model since she was the only one exclusive to Paradise. If anyone knows how to fix the script or has the models on his/her HD I would be grateful if he/she could send them to me. If there is also a working Noesis script to import the models, I would be perfectly content with that as well. I am not even sure if I care if the models are rigged or not. I just want them in a t-pose since I cannot figure out how to do that in Ninja Ripper. I have been struggling with this for almost a week now and I would be happy if this could be resolved. I know that Xentax and this thread is pretty much dead now, but hopefully I can get some real help instead of the vague and unhelpful responses that I got previously.

Thanks,
spartanmark6
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

spartanmark6 wrote:Does anyone know how to import models from Dead Or Alive Paradise on the PSP? I have used the BMS script by Fatduck (RIP) and tried to use his Fatimporter script for 3DS Max. Unfortunately, I am unable to import a majority of the models since the script was really never finished way back when. I keep getting errors even when using a really old version of 3DS Max. All I really want is to have Rio's model since she was the only one exclusive to Paradise. If anyone knows how to fix the script or has the models on his/her HD I would be grateful if he/she could send them to me. If there is also a working Noesis script to import the models, I would be perfectly content with that as well. I am not even sure if I care if the models are rigged or not. I just want them in a t-pose since I cannot figure out how to do that in Ninja Ripper. I have been struggling with this for almost a week now and I would be happy if this could be resolved. I know that Xentax and this thread is pretty much dead now, but hopefully I can get some real help instead of the vague and unhelpful responses that I got previously.

Thanks,
spartanmark6
Using fat duck's max script.
Farphignougen
ultra-n00b

Post by Farphignougen »

Dead or Alive 6 came out a few days ago, and I'm the one dredging up this thread. Does that mean no one with know-how is interested in picking apart the new game?
GDL
veteran

Post by GDL »

It seems that someone at the LL forum already developed a tool to extract the *.rdb files to start analyzing the contents :scaredy:
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Sreliata
ultra-n00b

Post by Sreliata »

Hello Hello!

I was wondering if anyone (by any chance!) still has the tools to get the models from 'Dead or Alive online'? :scaredy:
Or maybe even DoAX2? With files? I always hoped to get those models at one point, and sadly can't find anything online anymore.
ikskoks

Post by ikskoks »

b0ny wrote: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:32 pm
Esppiral wrote:Could you please reupload the unpacker? the file is no longer available.
doa2hardcore_unpacker.zip

here you go, along with the source. though, afaik, there are no parsers for ps2 doa files, what are you going to do with the files?
Hello. Do someone have a copy of "doa2hardcore_unpacker.zip" and can share it with me?
Previous link is dead.
ikskoks

Post by ikskoks »

Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore PS2 quickbms script by BloodRaynare
(ROM_00.BIN extractor). Download below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xmO3Hn ... sp=sharing

Check also my english text extractor for DOA2 Hardcore :)
https://github.com/bartlomiejduda/Tools ... 02%20(PS2)
terios
n00b

Post by terios »

b0ny wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:33 pm
sagesau wrote:I'm not sure how you can get poses from the first frame but have difficulty for the rest, but either way if you know something about the animation format, tell me. I might make it myself.
here is a tool for logging all the animation from the mot file to a text file + the source code you can look in. just put it in a folder with a mot file and it will log a full dump of all animations in "mylog2.log"(except for some tricky technique using precalculated sinus values), and just the first frames from each animation in "mylog3.log".
mylog2.log:
1e2c(0) //offset in the mot file (offset of the pointer in the mot header)
#0: //totally, there are 44 animation blocks for each body part, for position and rotation, in each animation chunk
1-34[33] 4(0.0063, -0.000900269, -0.00121307) //frames from "1" to
"34", totally "[33]" frames for this key frame; keyframe type = "4(", 'main value' = "0.0063,", 'specific(unknown) values' for this keframe = " -0.000900269, -0.00121307)"
... 0(-0.0004)$ // "..." means the last frame in this animation block, and the 'main value' = (-0.0004), the end character(debugging) = "$"

in mylog3.log you see the name of the limb and it's global coordinates, the suffix "_xyz" means the position, everything else is rotation:
pelvis_xyz 0, 0.935, 0 //pelvis position x=0, y=0.935, z=0
pelvis 8.89343, 288.578, 339.142 //pelvis rotation(in degrees) x=8.89343, y=288.578, z=339.142

i have a problem - i don't know how to set the global position of a child bone while in pose mode in blender(with the inverse kinematics turned on), i need just to set the global xyz coordinates for the palm or for the foot, but blender is giving me some relative shit, related to the parent bone.
Does anyone have this file? A DOA2 Dreamcast beta leaked containing extra files for a character we've never seen before. Problem is her files are an older format or something and not exactly compatible with the current game engine so it crashes or bugs out and you can't really see much of her outside an idle stance and a few moves (6K, F+KK, P+K, 4K, 2K, 1K, 3K, 3P). Could really use some help restoring her or viewing her.

Brekkez
ultra-n00b

Post by Brekkez »

Does anyone know where the doa4/x2 weight data for the hair is stored? The obj doesnt have any weights, is there a way to extract the tpr file with weights🤔 lmk