Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Ocean Anamnesis Tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Star Ocean Anamnesis Tools

Post by einherjar007 »

akderebur wrote:
einherjar007 wrote: Despite much hope, the PS2 Valkyrie Profile 2 model has not yet been extracted.
I am pretty sure there is a maxscript for SO3 on the forums, which also works with Valkyrie Profile 2 and Radiata Stories. I guess there was no skeleton support though.

I was planning to make a tool for VP2 but I didn't get a chance to start, because of other games. Maybe I can do it sometime.
Unfortunately, the SO3 script supports some VP2 models, but most of them can not be read.
It is a part of the field and NPC, and most of the main characters can not be read...

But if you were able to create tools for VP2 it would be really wonderful.
I'm not want to break the rules of the forum, but I don't hesitate to pay for consideration.
Because VP2 is the game I loved the most and models and textures are very beautiful.

by the way, I know that the model in battle scenes has been diverted to Valkyrie Anatomia.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

einherjar007 wrote: by the way, I know that the model in battle scenes has been diverted to Valkyrie Anatomia.
I didn't get this. Does that mean VA uses the same models as VP2?

This reminded me that I should release the Valkyrie Anatomia tool. It has been quite some time since I finished it, but too lazy to clean up and upload :D
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

akderebur wrote:
einherjar007 wrote: by the way, I know that the model in battle scenes has been diverted to Valkyrie Anatomia.
I didn't get this. Does that mean VA uses the same models as VP2?

This reminded me that I should release the Valkyrie Anatomia tool. It has been quite some time since I finished it, but too lazy to clean up and upload :D
Yes, but only for models of low polygons in battle.
Of course the file format is different. I talk about geometory. Although there are some differences somewhat accurately, I think it is almost the same.
Alicia, Lufas, Lezard(Boss).

The VP2 tool is also desirable, but Anatomia's tools would be great, too. We will wait for the next report!
DrXadium
ultra-n00b

Post by DrXadium »

Perhaps a silly question, but I have managed to extract the models given the tools above, but I'm not sure how thetextures are supposed to be applied. I extracted them separately, but am not sure how to reapply them to the model. Does this have to be done in another tool?
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

DrXadium wrote:I extracted them separately, but am not sure how to reapply them to the model.
You can do that in a 3D Software of your choice : Blender, Maya, 3ds Max etc.
DrXadium
ultra-n00b

Post by DrXadium »

I managed to get a model out, and it looks like Noesis sees bones, but when I export to Blender (trying as .OBJ and .DAE) it doesn't seem to bring the bones over. Is there any kind of special setting or parameter I need to set? I tried the UV flipping based on some other threads I had seen on the forum, but with no luck.

Alternatively, is there another program I could / should be pulling it into if I want the skeleton, so I can try posing the model?

EDIT: : I *think* I solved it in case anyone else has the issue. Export as .FBX with the parameter -fbxnewexport .
Last edited by DrXadium on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Obj format doesn't have skeleton/skinning support, so you shouldn't be using that. Dae should work fine actually, but I use fbx export myself. I don't know if Blender can import fbx though.

Alternatively you can export the model as IQE and use the IQE import script for Blender. Maybe that might work better for you. There are links in the first post for how to load IQE.
phay008
beginner

Post by phay008 »

Dose this tool fit for pc version?
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

phay008 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:35 am Dose this tool fit for pc version?
There is no PC version.
phay008
beginner

Post by phay008 »

akderebur wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:48 am
phay008 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:35 am Dose this tool fit for pc version?
There is no PC version.
Sorry iT'S my fault,Star Ocean Anamnes,Star Ocean 4:The Last Hope are not the same games.
z22901206
advanced

Post by z22901206 »

dian333 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:22 pm battle animation file usually have 20 action,like "win_LOOP.aaf" and RUSH action ,you can change "i_aaf = .." to read Specific one.Or just add a # before "trackback()" then find it in blender action_editor .
Hi akderebur, what about this. I use your noesis plugin, but when i load the file which should contains mutipule actions.
I just get the first action.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

z22901206 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:55 am
I just get the first action.
Yea, it is like that atm. I can add support for multiple animations some time.
pepitomama
ultra-n00b

Post by pepitomama »

Hi! I followed all steps but I can't decompress/unpack models and textures... :[

For Models I take the Characters folder of in-game files and for Textures the Images folder.... I used Nox to take the files with root and ES file manager Pro...

I drag and drop the folder that contains the .asf files to the SOADec.exe, cmd black screen appeared, it closes, and no decompress/unpack files over there... so I can't open them with SOAExporter and so on... Same for textures (even with textures I tried it manually with node.js command prompt and master files but no extracted files...)

I don't know what I'm doing bad, I tried, tried and tried but no results come, please some help with it :[ thanks!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

pepitomama wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:01 pm I can't decompress/unpack
I am assuming you are using the files from the global/english version of the game. Only the JP version of the game works atm. Global version files are using a new encryption method.
pepitomama
ultra-n00b

Post by pepitomama »

Hmmm I see... D: I'll try it with the jp files then xd Thanks for the quick response! :)

Current Status: Downloading jp files...