Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Uncharted 4 (PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
afxwinter
ultra-n00b

Re: Uncharted 4 (PS4)

Post by afxwinter »

I can't seem to get the textures to load automatically in Blender or 3DS Max.
I'm importing the island Drake SMD in blender.
All DDS textures with the name Drake have been converted to TGA and are in the same folder as the SMD file.
Whenever imported into Blender/3DS there is no texture associated with the model.
Any advice?
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

afxwinter wrote:I can't seem to get the textures to load automatically in Blender or 3DS Max.
All DDS textures with the name Drake have been converted to TGA and are in the same folder as the SMD file.
Whenever imported into Blender/3DS there is no texture associated with the model.
Any advice?
since the material/shader was never parsed you can't auto apply textures.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
afxwinter
ultra-n00b

Post by afxwinter »

Tosyk wrote:
afxwinter wrote:I can't seem to get the textures to load automatically in Blender or 3DS Max.
Any advice?
since the material/shader was never parsed you can't auto apply textures.
Thanks for the reply! At least I know to stop messing with trying to get that to work.
I'm having a hell of a time finding the trans-masks for the hair cards for Drake and the other main characters. Any idea which archive those are located in? I'm going through each one by one right now.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Any advice?
textures auto-applied only for levels
Ezekiel
beginner

Post by Ezekiel »

Currently Listening Uncharted Full Album OST on You Tube,while watching my PSARC Files extracted

What a great time to be alive

daemon1 = Legend
Theking13
ultra-n00b

Post by Theking13 »

So I've managed to extract models out of the game thanks to you're tools, but when I import the models into Blender there are no vertex groups so the rigging doesn't work. I'm not sure if I've messed up a step or something.
I can successfully import a using SMD with Blender, but I cannot import the ASCII files with Blender.

Heres a screenshot of the files I got from this model.

daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Theking13 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:27 pm when I import the models into Blender there are no vertex groups so the rigging doesn't work
as its said in title post:
Skeletons are usually in separate packages. You need to copy-paste skeleton to the model file as it was done before in my Uncharted 1-2-3 tools.
unfortunately ascii plugin erases all weights if skeleton isnt present. So you have to add it to model before loading
Theking13
ultra-n00b

Post by Theking13 »

Using SMD importer, the skeleton and weights for the model are not present. Which is the issue, and if I import the skeleton separately there are bones in the imported skeleton. So I'm getting the mesh and uv data but no rigging data at all. I can upload files if it's an issue on my end.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Theking13 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:04 am Using SMD importer, the skeleton and weights for the model are not present.
this is impossible
check again
SMD must have weights
ASCII also has them, but to load them, manually append the skeleton before loading the file
i dont have time to do it for you
i hope someone else can explain details, or you can find it yourself, it was explained somewhere here
meganmi
advanced

Post by meganmi »

Theking13 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:04 am Using SMD importer, the skeleton and weights for the model are not present. Which is the issue, and if I import the skeleton separately there are bones in the imported skeleton. So I'm getting the mesh and uv data but no rigging data at all. I can upload files if it's an issue on my end.
With Notepad++, open the .smd that has the skeleton and copy-paste everything into the model .smd
This has been explained in the first post.
Theking13
ultra-n00b

Post by Theking13 »

Well I fixed the armature issue already, but it's pointless because the bones in the rig don't move any of the model. None of the models have any bone weights assigned to them. Even opening the files in Noesis and exporting to FBX still has no bone weights when I open them in Blender. So I think the generated smd files have no weights at all but I'm not sure.
AxelNoir
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by AxelNoir »

A lot of the textures are corrupted for me and don't show up right in Photoshop or even Noesis for some reason. Tried exporting as TGA and other formats and they all look broken and messed up.

For example Drake's head and arms in the patch1 folder is just a black and white garbled mess, I don't know what to do about this.

Faithfullfaun
advanced

Post by Faithfullfaun »

I would say it looks like some kind of mask for something like mud or dirt
And if you want a DDS plugin that works for almost every DDS texture then use
(Intel® Texture Works Plugin for Photoshop) i use it and it works :wink:

And why are you trying to get the characters from the patch files?
their "main" textures is most likely not in the patches
AxelNoir
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by AxelNoir »

Oh sorry, I'm not too familiar with all this stuff. I'm looking for Drake's Tuxedo he wears at the auction, the open one but I'm having no luck acquiring it. Think you could help me out maybe?

Also I'm not sure what you mean by the textures not being in the patch file, I'm looking at the patch1 dict.pak file and all of Drake's textures seem to be in there, although his auction outfit seems to be strangely either there or not there I'm not sure.
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

Assasinge wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:13 pm Oh sorry, I'm not too familiar with all this stuff. I'm looking for Drake's Tuxedo he wears at the auction, the open one but I'm having no luck acquiring it. Think you could help me out maybe?

Also I'm not sure what you mean by the textures not being in the patch file, I'm looking at the patch1 dict.pak file and all of Drake's textures seem to be in there, although his auction outfit seems to be strangely either there or not there I'm not sure.
hi, i don't have the files anymore, but from what i remember the name of one the files was sp-hero-auction-jacket-cloth and was in world_auction hope this helps.