Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Resident Evil 2 Remake - demo PAK file

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Nemesisbg23
ultra-n00b

Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake - demo PAK file

Post by Nemesisbg23 »

Gh0stBlade wrote:Resident Evil 2 Remake - [RE2] - [PC]:[/b]

fmt_RE2_mesh_1_5.py - Version 1.5 - 09/02/19
I recommend using the .gltf file format for exporting
Supported:
1. Meshes, UVs, Normals, Skin Weights, Skin Indices, Skeleton (*.1808312334)
2. Auto texturing and material parameter parsing.
3. Textures (*.10)

Have fun.

well i tried it and i get this error all the time on every model xD

Halp my friends also get this error xD
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

Nemesisbg23 wrote:

Supported:
3. Textures (*.10)

Have fun.

Download the latest version of Noesis.
Click the thanks button if I helped!
Nemesisbg23
ultra-n00b

Post by Nemesisbg23 »

Gh0stBlade wrote:
Nemesisbg23 wrote:

Supported:
3. Textures (*.10)

Have fun.

Download the latest version of Noesis.

AH i got it working but where are the textures xD
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

Nemesisbg23 wrote: AH i got it working but where are the textures xD
As explained on the previous page, each mesh file has it's own corresponding .mdf.10 file that holds material information. It must be renamed exactly the same as the mesh file minus the file extension. Check the debug log window for more details.
spazman
ultra-n00b

Post by spazman »

I can not seem to see the mesh/models in Noesis to choose from. I can see the textures tex.10 and tex.dds only with Gh0stBlade script. What am I doing wrong?
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

spazman wrote:I can not seem to see the mesh/models in Noesis to choose from. I can see the textures tex.10 and tex.dds only with Gh0stBlade script. What am I doing wrong?
did you select in "files type" "all know formats"?
DarkRaven
ultra-n00b

Post by DarkRaven »

Is there a way to merge mesh files on Noesis on import, like body then add head/hair mesh into the preview window.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

yes: tools, model merger
spazman
ultra-n00b

Post by spazman »

fil1969 wrote:
spazman wrote:I can not seem to see the mesh/models in Noesis to choose from. I can see the textures tex.10 and tex.dds only with Gh0stBlade script. What am I doing wrong?
yes, I do not see anything else but texture files. The mesh are in the folder but Noesis and Gh0stBlade's script does not seem to see it.
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

spazman wrote:
fil1969 wrote:
yes, I do not see anything else but texture files. The mesh are in the folder but Noesis and Gh0stBlade's script does not seem to see it.
First: download and unpack this in your Noesis-plugins-python folder
download/file.php?id=15688
Second: be sure to update your Noesis to the last version.
If you want the model with textures, you have to rename the mat file exactly like the mesh file. Keeping the extension.
spazman
ultra-n00b

Post by spazman »

fil1969 wrote:First: download and unpack this in your Noesis-plugins-python folder
If you want the model with textures, you have to rename the mat file exactly like the mesh file. Keeping the extension.
Sorry but I tried that. The python script only gives me texture files and not the mesh. I also check the "check for updates" and it says I am already using the latest version of Noesis. I see the mesh are in the folder but Noesis can not detect them.
I did use an expanded list on quickbms. Is that the problem? What list did you guys use for quickbms?
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

spazman wrote:
fil1969 wrote:First: download and unpack this in your Noesis-plugins-python folder
Sorry but I tried that. The python script only gives me texture files and not the mesh. I also check the "check for updates" and it says I am already using the latest version of Noesis. I see the mesh are in the folder but Noesis can not detect them.
I did use an expanded list on quickbms. Is that the problem? What list did you guys use for quickbms?
Meshes probably have the wrong file extension. The script expects .1808312334 for the mesh's file extension. If you unpacked the game properly using the bms script with filenames it should work.
spazman
ultra-n00b

Post by spazman »

Gh0stBlade wrote:
spazman wrote:
Meshes probably have the wrong file extension. The script expects .1808312334 for the mesh's file extension. If you unpacked the game properly using the bms script with filenames it should work.
I do see the mesh.1808312334 in the folder but the script does not detect it for some reason. What bms script with filenames did you guys use? I used an updated one but it may be the wrong one.
themimegogo
ultra-n00b

Post by themimegogo »

Hi everyone,

found my way here from the Resident Evil Modding Boards. (Much thanks to Luigi too for showing the the links to get to this thread).

I'm a hobbyist animator, and a rigger by profession. I only have a decent rudimentary amount of knowledge in maxscript, python and mel, and I am by no means a scripter / coder. I am here because I find the concept of being able to import our own custom models back into the game very enticing.

Much of what I've seen of the successful (Character swap)mods so far are done by replacing and renaming certain .pfb files and placing them in the appropriate directories. You guys probably already know that.

My question is - is there already a tool around that allows importing standard DCC formats (such as .fbx) back into the game? I mean I understand, that if we want a rigged character with the proper skinning, on the rigging side I will need to prepare a skeletal structure that conforms to whatever is being used in the game. But before I proceed to do that, I'd im curious to know if it's already possible at this point in time. :)

I've seen a few early posts in this thread talking about meshes working properly with the correct weights and whatnot ~ but I'm assuming that those were referring to character models that were successfully exported out and not into the game.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I promise I wont be a bother.
themimegogo
ultra-n00b

Post by themimegogo »

Hi again...

after some reading back and forth on the first 3 pages of this this thread, I managed to successfully test importing some skinned meshes into max.

there are quite a number of .mes files located just outside the natives folder after doing the unpacking with quickbms. Ive been importing .mes files randomly and so far ive found a dog (https://imgur.com/a/47NOmbw)that i dont believe ive seen in the game, a zombie head and what looks like a long chain of sewer poo poo.

2 questions:

1 Which .mes file should i look at if im interested in the characters?
2 how do i look at these meshes with their tectures?

Edit:
nvm - found the characters in their respective sectionroot folders in the natives db. (Hunk - https://imgur.com/a/Zhn1RzZ)
as for the textures, i guess we have to manually re-assign them to new shaders on our own yes?