Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Avengers Academy .ccz .c3b

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
SickAlice
advanced

Re: Avengers Academy .ccz .c3b

Post by SickAlice »

Fixed. Late night. *shrug*

@TRDaz: A information post bumped back to page 3. Added if it helps you in animating asides from the nodes being retrievable (for weighting of course) a bit of research tells me these are almost identical in structure to Netimmerse files, near exact to the ones from the 2nd Freedom Force actually. The model files themselves contain 3d, node and texture pointer info. The core models contain a detailed model as well two LOD files each to control anims and boundries. The animation files contain no graphical information rather just animation sequence information to direct a models nodes very much like keyframe files. I'm working on the models but will try some experiments at a later date with all this.

- adding a little more reading back, those pesky texture files can be opened and converted with this program. It's GUI now. All you got to do is go under Tools > PVR Viewer and browse and open the file. Then in the Viewer save it as a different format.
SickAlice
advanced

Post by SickAlice »

TRDaz wrote:I may have figured the vertex count but how they work this for both meshes is what's confusing me. 0x13A = 37,040. 37,040/16=2,315. That's the vertex count for the 2nd submesh, maybe they use this value for both meshes somehow. This seems to work with the other files provided too - the value after "VERTEX_ATTRIB_BLEND_INDEX".
Question since you know what your doing. I'm trying to learn the scripting process. From what I understand at least there is a way to change this count but not the how or why of it. I know the threshold if that is the right term is too low for this game. It doesn't account for certain meshes of a high poly count nor most of the map models which are larger. For example I have an exported ship in my 3d program right now. I only have the landing pads of the ship yet the outline of where the rest of the model is supposed to be is present in blank vertices. Thanks for any help in advance.
Szkaradek123
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Szkaradek123 »

i can't help with noesis script, but if you want to import skinned models with Blender 249 , here is a blend.
Install Blender version 249 (32bits) and Python version 2.6.x (32 bits)
Unpack zip file and in "Blender249[AvengersAcademy][mobile][c3b][2018-02-19]" double click Blender249.blend.
In Blender Text Window press alt+p, select "*.c3b" file with "skin" inside filename and press "import".
Scale for models or armatures x=1.97 or 1/x.
You must manual parenting bones and meshes.

C3b file is split by section:
2-nodes - bones, bone maps for meshes
3-animations
16-materials
34-meshes

Bone format:
- bone name [ string ]
- unk flag [ 1 byte ]
- matrix4x4 [ 64 bytes as 16 floats ]
- unk integer [ 4 bytes as integer]
- children count [ 4 bytes as integer]

So for parenting use recursive function, like this:

Code: Select all

def getChildren(parent):
		bone=Bone()
		bone.parentName=parent.name
		skeleton.boneList.append(bone)
		bone.name=g.word(g.i(1)[0])	
		a=g.B(1)
		bone.matrix=Matrix4x4(g.f(16))	
		b=g.i(1)[0]
		for m in safe(g.i(1)[0]):
			getChildren(bone)

If you want to play with animations, i can send a blend but i cant't solve a problem with object's scale.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SickAlice
advanced

Post by SickAlice »

Tight! Exact version of Blender I use, thank you much!
SickAlice
advanced

Post by SickAlice »

Tested all the above. Works like a charm. Outstanding work people, this is what makes this a good community. All that's left is to crack the map buildings and extents and everything is done.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

here is Noesis python script to decompress on the fly and open the *.ccz textures :D
tex_MarvelAvengersAcademy_iOS_Android_ccz.zip
so no need to use the bms script here any more. :]
it should open Android *.pvr.ccz and iOS *.astc.ccz files, although i didn't have any *.astc.ccz samples to test it on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SickAlice
advanced

Post by SickAlice »

Still working away on these and sharing them on Devart. Looking for data caches from the earlier V.1 games if anyone has them. I didn't start until right before V.2 myself and am missing a few files. Ty.
Roseweave
n00b

Post by Roseweave »

Hi, does anyone have a model of Viv Vision from this game? She hasn't appeared in any of the other Marvel games yet.
Maechen
ultra-n00b

Post by Maechen »

Hello, I use your blender script for Harry Potter - Hogwarts Mystery game and I have a problem for some .c3b files (not for all)
The error is :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "starter.py", line 186, in Parser
    c3bParser(filename,g)
  File "starter.py", line 50, in c3bParser
    bone.matrix=Matrix4x4(g.f(16)).invert()
ValueError: matrix does not have an inverse
You can see your script work fine for this file : https://uptobox.com/nsra8swyyaqb
But not for this one : https://uptobox.com/fg6y8t1rp0vm

Other Error :

WARNING:too long: 4161536
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "starter.py", line 186, in Parser
    c3bParser(filename,g)
  File "starter.py", line 56, in c3bParser
    f1=g.i(e[0])
  File "F:\HP Hogwarts Mystery\blender\newGameLib\myLibraries\binaresLib.py", line 116, in i
    data=struct.unpack(self.endian+n*'i',self.inputFile.read(n*4))
MemoryError
This error happened in these files :
https://uptobox.com/btmlsudxqijd
https://uptobox.com/3mo9i3rivxsa

If you can help me by edit your script or tell me what I can do for make it work ! Thanks in advance :)
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Maechen wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:50 pmIf you can help me by edit your script or tell me what I can do for make it work ! Thanks in advance :)
It's Mariusz' script and it's not as easy as you may think of. You need some decent understanding of the starter.py script (which may take weeks) or some intuitive proceeding.
You may or may not understand it from this patch which is only working for b_WeasleysHouse_Int_skin_v27.c3b:

for i in safe(sectionCount):
		sectionName=g.word(g.i(1)[0])
		unk,offset=g.i(2)
		back=g.tell()
		if i==0:
			offset=0x32A290;unk=16
		g.seek(offset)

bone.name=name
						#bone.matrix=Matrix4x4(g.f(16)).invert()
						bone.matrix=Matrix4x4(g.f(16))
b_WeasleysHouse_Int_skin_v27-c3b.png
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
Maechen
ultra-n00b

Post by Maechen »

Hello, thank you very much for your answer and your time.

I've some skill in python (but I never use python in blender or for 3D so I don't understand any particularities for see the problems)
So I will work for understand the script with your clues and for understand the MemoryError

Have a pleasant christmas and thanks again ! :)
pappopa
ultra-n00b

Post by pappopa »

hello, I'm using the blender script to convert the .c3b file from the harry potter hogwarts mystery game, for now it seems its work correctly, but I have a problem, I wanted to use the same script to extract the animations (same .c3b extension). for what I know some people are using this script to successfully export them without problem, the same person who it say has extracted them correctly has tryed to helped me, but with no success.
if I'm correct he say to import the model and after this the animation and voilà, but everytime that I have tryed, nothing..
I have tryed many time and even changing something before trying again.. but really nothing, I even tryed on xp sp3..
in the console I can see a log update, when a model has imported, but with the animation I can only see the name and nothing.

maybe this doesn't mean anything.
has someone an idea on what I'm doing wrong?
I'm using blender 2.49b (x86), installed python 2.6.6 (x86) (and other 2.x.x to see if there are some improvements), win 8.1 pro (or win xp sp3) and this script "Blender249[AvengersAcademy][mobile][c3b][2018-02-19].zip" with the bone name long and uvflip modified.
thanks

edit:
I have solved it
Maechen
ultra-n00b

Post by Maechen »

pappopa wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:31 pm I have solved it
Hey, how did you manage to export the animations? I am really interested in your solution (: thanks in advance !
pappopa
ultra-n00b

Post by pappopa »

Maechen wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:02 am
pappopa wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:31 pm I have solved it
Hey, how did you manage to export the animations? I am really interested in your solution (: thanks in advance !
I've sent you a PM
lucas10058
ultra-n00b

Post by lucas10058 »

Hi, could someone help me extracting the models and textures of these 4 characters from a digimon game? i have no idea how to use pyton :(
http://www.mediafire.com/file/derk7ysj9 ... 8.rar/file