Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Resident Evil 2 Remake - demo PAK file

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
GlemyToto
ultra-n00b

Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake - demo PAK file

Post by GlemyToto »

@Anthony7888
You can really easily extract the models with the tools already available ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Highflex
beginner

Post by Highflex »

I noticed the maxscript is not applying the vertex normals, any chance to see a upgrade for this? Its mostly noticeable in Faces.
Pixelbuster1
ultra-n00b

Post by Pixelbuster1 »

I'm looking into doing some audio mods if possible, wanna mod in some DMX music to replace Mr. X :wink:
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Highflex wrote:I noticed the maxscript is not applying the vertex normals, any chance to see a upgrade for this? Its mostly noticeable in Faces.
Yup, but I guess most of ppl using Blender tool, right? I still haven't had much reports on skinned meshes from friend of mine, except one, I fixed maxscript for rigged "burger" mesh lol (I could upload updated one). I don't have the game, so I don't have files :)
Making model-import scripts, PM
iammhk128
ultra-n00b

Post by iammhk128 »

Dear sirs:
We are an engineering team(group),active on various fields such as(like) gaming.
We'll be gratful if you help us with seprating game's texts(subtitle) from the game and changing ut with our own language
Sundownsyndrome
ultra-n00b

Post by Sundownsyndrome »

zaramot wrote:
Highflex wrote:I noticed the maxscript is not applying the vertex normals, any chance to see a upgrade for this? Its mostly noticeable in Faces.
Yup, but I guess most of ppl using Blender tool, right? I still haven't had much reports on skinned meshes from friend of mine, except one, I fixed maxscript for rigged "burger" mesh lol (I could upload updated one). I don't have the game, so I don't have files :)
i don't usually like using the blender tool. unwieldy to me. for the most part, skinned meshes work alright. but weapons need to be adjusted i think, their rigging isn't quite right. i dunno how many samples you want but i can provide a few prob.
Manulis
ultra-n00b

Post by Manulis »

Hello everyone, first off great work on extracting and decrypting stuff from this game so quickly!
Unfortunately I'm not nearly as skilled as you folks here and had some questions.

I've used quickbms before for some gamecube model extracting. I was wondering how to rip stuff from the main .pak file for the game.
It says its too large and I as wondering how to get around that.

Was wondering what to do after extracting with quickbms as well. It outputs a large assortment of junk obviously, no clue how to view any of it.

Secondly I was wondering if someone could explain the function of the Hooks you've been posting? This is completely new to me haha.

I'm most familiar using Blender for modelling. (I'm also trying to extract from the full game)

Sorry for all the questions but its hard to follow the thread a bit when it gets so strung out with info over multiple pages. Thanks for any help you send my way.
Highflex
beginner

Post by Highflex »

zaramot wrote:
Hmm depends, i personally use Maya for all of my developments and played around with getting one of the faces hooked up so you can animate it. Just noticed when i started applying the textures with some base shading as demonstrated here:

https://imgur.com/a/zyoTQb1

I don't see any other issues so far, this was the only thing that i noticed by processing all components of Leon to be workable with.

If you need any files or more info on this please let me know, i have experience with applying normals through max-script just needs to be parsed i guess.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Highflex wrote:
zaramot wrote:
Hmm depends, i personally use Maya for all of my developments and played around with getting one of the faces hooked up so you can animate it. Just noticed when i started applying the textures with some base shading as demonstrated here:

https://imgur.com/a/zyoTQb1

I don't see any other issues so far, this was the only thing that i noticed by processing all components of Leon to be workable with.

If you need any files or more info on this please let me know, i have experience with applying normals through max-script just needs to be parsed i guess.
Weld your normals or vertices...
troconisgerman
ultra-n00b

Post by troconisgerman »

How do I find the environment file?, when I use SGM when it goes to convert environment files to smc it closes and doesn;t convertmesh.18xxxxxxxxx files to smc
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

troconisgerman wrote:How do I find the environment file?, when I use SGM when it goes to convert environment files to smc it closes and doesn;t convertmesh.18xxxxxxxxx files to smc
The sceneries are in: \natives\x64\sectionroot\environment\location\
The sceneries props are in: \natives\x64\objectroot\setmodel\
Put the xentax.exe file in the \environment\location\ folder, open it as admin, in the "select path" click on "exe path"
click on ok, answer: process pak, NO process textures? YES process mesh? YES
That is. It will convert all the textures and .mesh files in the "location" folders
CzlowiekDrzewo
n00b

Post by CzlowiekDrzewo »

I'm really confused so I hope someone here can help me out. How do you get all those different folders? All I get is .dat and .pfb files.
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

CzlowiekDrzewo wrote:I'm really confused so I hope someone here can help me out. How do you get all those different folders? All I get is .dat and .pfb files.
before using quickbms you have to put in the game folder the namefilelist, this will allow quickbms to create the correct folders
https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9253&start=60
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

zaramot wrote:Hey! I think it's possible, can't tell for sure, like 100%. First I need to take a look at those .mtl files. But should be possible :)
hi! any update?
iammhk128
ultra-n00b

Post by iammhk128 »