Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Resident Evil 2 Remake - demo PAK file

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
completenoob
beginner

Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake - demo PAK file

Post by completenoob »

akderebur wrote:I just patched it quickly to load Leon properly. It still uses some hardcoded stuff and not suitable for general use. Also not all vertex types are supported. I have no plans to polish it and release it, since it is not my tool anyway.

Wait for semory to release a proper RE2 support. I don't think it will take too long.
Thank you.
ReginA
ultra-n00b

Post by ReginA »

I extracted audio files. It's riff wave format in the code and I couldn't convert it with all vgm stuff i know. Any suggestions? Music wav files in the .pak files after extraction of main demo .pak file.
Anthony7888
ultra-n00b

Post by Anthony7888 »

Hello you can give me a link to download the tool for Resident Evil 2 Remake
benishandler
ultra-n00b

Post by benishandler »

ReginA wrote:I extracted audio files. It's riff wave format in the code and I couldn't convert it with all vgm stuff i know. Any suggestions? Music wav files in the .pak files after extraction of main demo .pak file.
How did you get those .pak files to extract? It just fails for me with both the RE7 and RE2 Remake bms scripts.
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

benishandler wrote:
ReginA wrote:I extracted audio files. It's riff wave format in the code and I couldn't convert it with all vgm stuff i know. Any suggestions? Music wav files in the .pak files after extraction of main demo .pak file.
How did you get those .pak files to extract? It just fails for me with both the RE7 and RE2 Remake bms scripts.
RE7 script is useless, you have to use to use the Ekey re2_pak_unpack_r1 posted in previous page
Did you used the last "quickbms_4gb_files.exe"?
GlemyToto
ultra-n00b

Post by GlemyToto »

It just fails for me with both the RE7 and RE2 Remake bms scripts.
If it fails with the RE2 script, update your quickbms version.
completenoob
beginner

Post by completenoob »

Don't bother extracting the files. Unless you've figured out a way to view the data like the gentleman above who doesn't give two cents about explaining how he patched (or sharing his patched) SGM, then there's no point in extracting because you won't be able to view the files.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

akderebur wrote:I just patched it quickly to load Leon properly. It still uses some hardcoded stuff and not suitable for general use. Also not all vertex types are supported. I have no plans to polish it and release it, since it is not my tool anyway.

Wait for semory to release a proper RE2 support. I don't think it will take too long.
You can do whatever you want with the program my good man, I don't mind at all. You can even change the name on it if you want LMAO. I just can't look at games now or in the near future as my mind is lost elsewhere.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

howfie wrote: You can do whatever you want with the program my good man, I don't mind at all. You can even change the name on it if you want LMAO. I just can't look at games now or in the near future as my mind is lost elsewhere.
I have seen your xnalara post. Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. I hope everything gets sorted out soon.

In that case I will do some tests on different models, and release the modified program.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Here's "alpha" maxscript and Noesis plugin for RE2 R, if anyone want to test it out. Skinned meshes should work, static partially xD Don't have a lot of samples. It's for those of you who prefer using 3ds max instead of something else :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Making model-import scripts, PM
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

Nice zaramot, you still extracting models? You're a robot!
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

howfie wrote:Nice zaramot, you still extracting models? You're a robot!
I'm an idiot aha ha ha! Nice to see you Steven :)
Making model-import scripts, PM
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Does someone know where the models are stored??, I have checked the streaming folders but there's only textures there.

Edit:

Nevermind, I already found the models.
Last edited by Darko on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
completenoob
beginner

Post by completenoob »

zaramot wrote:Here's "alpha" maxscript and Noesis plugin for RE2 R, if anyone want to test it out. Skinned meshes should work, static partially xD Don't have a lot of samples. It's for those of you who prefer using 3ds max instead of something else :)
Thank you for script mate, really nice!
Darko wrote:Does someone know where the models are stored??, I have checked the streaming folders but there's only textures there.
I used the Quickbms script to unpack the Pak file and then use the script from zaramot to import the mes files the script extracted.

https://imgur.com/a/VcdIW29

I've selected all of them and put them on a separate folder just for convenience sake. I am yet to find the characters because there's a lot here. Police station main hall is 00000000000021e8.mes

https://imgur.com/a/Lc5mXbT

Dam that's some really nice optimization and low poly. They did a tremendous great job on textures and PBR fine tuning. Can't wait to find the characters. Texture wise, I can't get it to read them in noesis.
Nyotengu
ultra-n00b

Post by Nyotengu »

I've unpacked everything with the quickbms script but I don't see any .10 files for the noesis plugin to read? Is there a trick to this? lol