Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and othe

Post by daemon1 »

Here i gather all of the newest additions to the facefixing project.
- updated facefixes for SWBF2
- mesh tool & facefixes for BFV
- facefixes for Mirrors Edge Catalyst
- mesh/morph tool for MEA, facefixes for aliens and main characters
- morph tool for DAI
Some of them were posted above, MEA and DAI tools are added now.
I will try to describe everything in details if i have time.
But it seems now all of the "distorted face" games are covered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
padme4000
n00b

Post by padme4000 »

that is amazing that you got it working with Dragon Age Inquisition as well. I really appreciate all the work you are doing.

It will mean it will be less daunting porting DAI NPC's. Just a shame we can't access the edited morph files of our custom Inquisitors. But I can still use my previous method to make them. So really thank you as that is a long process so not having to do it for NPC's is bloody amazing.

So much thanks again.

Just a question how would I go about extracting the mesh and morph files for Inquisition and/or Mass Effect Andromeda? I am new to the tool and only see an option for the battlefront games and battlefield.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

padme4000 wrote:how would I go about extracting the mesh and morph files for Inquisition and/or Mass Effect Andromeda?
Regardless what Frostbite game you'd like to work on, all mesh tools developed by id-daemon work the same, so the link tutorial by Crofty from first post is still valid and current for anyone's needs, now when comes about the newly developed morph tools for DA:I/ME:A it works as follows.
Lets make this tutorial example for DA:I game:

The Fb_DAI_morph.exe tool needs the following assets to work:
3 parameters: meshset, skeleton, morphresource
chunk will be found automatically
Usage example:

Code: Select all

Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_hf.meshset hf_skeleton.ebx hf_adamant_clarel.MorphResource
Basically the string above inside a text file with extension .bat/.cmd will give you the following results.
- It will output a distorted head mesh with distorted face in ASCII/SMD format, and a small SMD fix for it.
- For heads which are not distorted, you can just use 2nd animation frame from SMD fix as a rest pose of a skeleton.
- Non-distorted heads are those made not from "generic" base mesh, but have their own base mesh and most main characters are like this.
- If you're not sure which mesh is used for base, its name is inside of MorphResource file, use any HEX software to find it in the beginning.
NOTE: In case no one knew, BF4 tool Fb_BF4_mesh.exe works for "usual" DA:I meshes.

Make sure you have a fully dumped game with all it's assets in their required file/folder structure.
Now go in your dumped folder and in bundles folder create another new folder, I usually use "_"(underscore) to make sure its at the top, why use a new folder? to keep track of your progress and not get lost.
Now in your newly created folder make sure you have the following assets for the morph tool to work, I will use for this test ElfFemale.
- Fb_DAI_morph.exe
- mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet
- ef_skeleton.ebx <- skeletons are easy to find in the ebx folder, they are named accordingly
- and any .MorphResource you want to extract morphs, you get these from res folder
Now I use the string above like this to do a morph, let's say Briala.

Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_briala.MorphResource
The result will be three new assets:

ef_briala.ascii <-base head mesh with Briala morph applied in ASCII format
ef_briala.smd <-base head mesh with Briala morph applied in SMD format
ef_briala_ani.smd <- actual skeleton FIX in SMD format
Now we go to Blender to make them work.
Import the ef_briala.ascii format, it has correct normals in comparison to the SMD version.
Delete its skeleton, and import the small SMD fix ef_briala_ani.smd skeleton as Make New Armature, it will be imported rotated 90degrees so make sure to rotate it back to match the mesh.
Once you have rotated it properly 90degrees, no more no less, this is important, select ALL meshes, head/eyes/eyelashes and what ever else it has, and while holding CTRL select the skeleton, they need to be in exact order, meshes then select skeleton, now do CTRL+P and click Armature Deform to parent them.
Now you can apply the second frame of the animation and watch how the face gets fixed, easy right?

PS: For other details you can still check Crofty's tutorial, besides how to extract the morphs, applying a face fix is the same for all Frostbite games, and how to apply rest pose and what not.
If you want to do all morphs in a batch for ElfFemale then your .bat/.cmd should look like this. Take notice for 2 differences in base mesh/skeleton.

Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_angry_widow_p3.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_briala.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_bulls_charger_dalish_p2.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_bulls_charger_skinner_p2.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_dalishscout_p3.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_emalien_p2.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_fiona.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_hav_assistant_researcher.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_hav_elf_servant_p3.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_hav_minaeve_p4.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_head_01.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_head_02.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_head_03.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_head_04.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_head_05.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_head_06.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_head_dalish_01.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_head_dalish_02.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_head_dalish_03.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_head_dalish_04.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_head_dalish_05.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_head_dalish_06.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_inquisitionmessenger_p3.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_inquisitor.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_mastertaniel_p2.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_medic_p3.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_mihris_p3.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_nissa_p2.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_proxy.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_savedelf_p3.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_cbt_sera_mesh.MeshSet hf_skeleton.ebx ef_sera.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_cbt_sera_mesh.MeshSet hf_skeleton.ebx ef_sera_noears.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_sky_apothecary_p4.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_trainer_assassin_p4.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_trainer_knightenchanter_p4.MorphResource
Fb_DAI_morph.exe mt_basa_ef_mesh.MeshSet ef_skeleton.ebx ef_trainer_reaver_p4.MorphResource
have fun
padme4000
n00b

Post by padme4000 »

Mono24 thank you very much for the help
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

padme4000 wrote:Just a shame we can't access the edited morph files of our custom Inquisitors
why not?
i was able to grab my custom main character from MEA (Sara)
i think it must be even easier to do it for DAI
ineteye
ultra-n00b

Post by ineteye »

HI! Did not understand why dumper only create chunk folder? where is mesh folder, i set true to (dumpResEnabled = True) but still does not help..
padme4000
n00b

Post by padme4000 »

daemon1 wrote: why not?
That is amazing that you got your Custom Ryder from Andromeda.

I have been told often that it was likely impossible due to the Frosty Engine.

The only way I have managed it is with ninja ripper, transferring the shape onto a mesh that has an armature and then manually moving the bones to make them look like they do in game. Though this can be very time consuming.

So any tips on getting the Custom Inquisitors and Custom Ryders would be greatly appreciated. Though honestly what you have already done is beyond what most people I know thought was possible so long after Inquisition's release.
Last edited by padme4000 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xenexabc
beginner

Post by xenexabc »

I have downloaded several tools from this thread, none of which seem to have Battlefield 3 support. Can you point me to more certain direction?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

kixpress wrote:Can you point me to more certain direction?
Well, you normally start from page one and keep going one at a time and then, voilà: viewtopic.php?p=134793#p134793
Whiskey
ultra-n00b

Post by Whiskey »

daemon1 wrote:
padme4000 wrote:Just a shame we can't access the edited morph files of our custom Inquisitors
why not?
Not sure how I would get a morphset out of save games for either of the games. Instructions on how to do that would be awesome if you have the time for it!

Meanwhile I'm already ecstatic that I can finally work with DAI npcs without having to manually fix broken faces!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

padme4000 wrote:So any tips on getting the Custom Inquisitors and Custom Ryders would be greatly appreciated.
I had to make my own tool for that. I will pm you.
Whiskey
ultra-n00b

Post by Whiskey »

daemon1 wrote:
padme4000 wrote:So any tips on getting the Custom Inquisitors and Custom Ryders would be greatly appreciated.
I had to make my own tool for that. I will pm you.
Could you send me the tool also? I'd be very interested to try it!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Custom character test for DAI.
Looks weird without all the makeup, but geometry must be 100% correct
also as in MEA, the mesh has all original weights

daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Whiskey wrote:Could you send me the tool also? I'd be very interested to try it!
the tool is not ready, i'm only testing it
i not gonna send it to someone just registered here
Whiskey
ultra-n00b

Post by Whiskey »

daemon1 wrote:
Whiskey wrote:Could you send me the tool also? I'd be very interested to try it!
the tool is not ready, i'm only testing it
i not gonna send it to someone just registered here
Fair enough. I'll wait for a public release, didn't mean to butt in like that. I'm just very excited by this making importing custom characters much less of a pain.

Really appreciate your work!