Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

MX vs ATV Unleashed Textures

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
Kamshaft
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Kamshaft »

Does this take a bitmap and make the mip maps automatically, or do we need to recreate it exactly the way you have em?
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

This needs DDS files. So, I guess you should load up the DDS file in some editor, edit the main mipmap (in Photoshop you can open without opening the other mipmaps) and then save it creating mipmaps automatically (as again a DDS file). Then convert it to DXT. In between you can copy and save the main mipmap as whatever format you wish ofcourse. The original DXT should serve as a template then (which you converted to DDS).
ocr_smokngrn
VIP member
VIP member

Post by ocr_smokngrn »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Thanks, I hope you guys can use it to good effect! Don't hesitate to drop in and show off some results with this game! 8)
You have know idea how many people you will make happy when we work out all the kinks of actually loading and using modded skins. But none of this could have been done without Xentax and your support. The best 6$ i ever spent.. So thank you.
Kamshaft
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Kamshaft »

I'm having strange things happening to the textures when re-PAKing the PAK file.

And when you do more than 1,500 files....it crashes...LOL
dictator-duck
ultra-n00b

Post by dictator-duck »

i have my skin done and converted it back to dds now how do i repack it to get it back into the common pak ?
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Kamshaft wrote:I'm having strange things happening to the textures when re-PAKing the PAK file.

And when you do more than 1,500 files....it crashes...LOL
Please elaborate a bit more, the only way to address issues like this is by knowing exactly what happens to which file when. I call them the Three W's.
Kamshaft
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Kamshaft »

ok. Selelct about 300 .dxt files, try to do a batch convert. The error should pop up.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

You mean with the dxt2dds? Yes, that can be. I use only a simple common dialog control with limited buffer for storing filenames, if you select too many files(names) the buffer will overflow and the program will probably crash. I created the tool for the conversion per se, not too much as a complete and stand alone program.

Perhaps I will take a look at expanding its possibilities further, for now I'd just select a smaller batch of dxt's each time you convert (remembering which you already did).

The other remark is more interesting. you edited some textures and then repacked them, right? And then the textures looked weird? in this case, it's of vital information to know exactly what you did. My job and family do not allow me to start modding this game (or any other game) myself, as all of any free time I have will go into the MultiEx project and tools to help you out. ;)
Kamshaft
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Kamshaft »

That's cool. The texture is black on the model, but I'm not sure if it's when I re-PAK the file or what.

When I build a new PAK, sometimes, a different will have a broken texture.

I don't know if it's a PAKer thing, or a DXT2DDS thing. I'm still looking into this.
markthompson
ultra-n00b

Post by markthompson »

Kamshaft
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Kamshaft »

Those look great!
duder
ultra-n00b

Post by duder »

i donated my six dollars will i recieve my code for the multiex commander utitlitie today?
bruceatk
n00b

Post by bruceatk »

You should make DXT2DDS work from the command line then it would be easy to use it from other programs, batch files, etc.

A batch file containing this command would do what Kam wants:

for %i in (*.dxt) do dxt2dds %i

Bruce
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

@Markthompson: did you alter anything in those textures?

@bruce: true, I know a command-line option would've been nice, but I used a somewhat different approach (quick and easy, it's not like I have tons of time , you know). Anyway, I think it won't take too much time to adapt it support command-line input as well. Kamshaft had also send me a file that changes textures in the game when not wanted, I want to look into that as well.
Kamshaft
VIP member
VIP member

DDS2DXT Bug

Post by Kamshaft »

I found a bug with the DDS2DXT program.
It's crashes when it tries to conver this file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.