Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Battlefield V .cas .cat

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by mono24 »

BRAGme wrote:I dont have any sound files, thats what im looking for)
There's clearly something wrong with your files, no error occurs on a retail copy of the game form Origin, with files/folder structure intact, period, everything works smooth.
I'm afraid you'll be on your own from now on to discover what is your doing wrong, your game files are incomplete, and obviously not having latest version.
BRAGme
beginner

Post by BRAGme »

Ok i appreciate you trying to help me, could you upload the frostbite 2 engine script so i can rip those fb2 engine games?
Damoclès
beginner

Post by Damoclès »

This script works perfectly.

https://mega.nz/#!y8Ng3Q6I!f9CjWE2fcFY_ ... jxtWD9j_9Q

Don't forget ! You must use a python 32-bit software to extract audio files when you have ebx, chunk files.
The texture tool also works (res files are indispensable).
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Damoclès wrote:This script works perfectly.
Once again another example of no one reading anything or doing a bit of research, literally nothing, anyway.
He does NOT have a problem with the script, in the end was all about incomplete files and wrong file/folder structure, if you would have paid attention on previous posts I used already the last script updated by GMan.
And what needs to be done to achieve accurate results, so on and so forth.
BRAGme
beginner

Post by BRAGme »

Actually he's right, I downloaded that script and now I got all the files. Now can I convert those scoundrels to WAV and not mp3?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

BRAGme wrote:Actually he's right
It is odd none the less giving the fact its simply the same updated script by GMan, and it works smooth on my end with original game files, yet looking at them both side by side it seems that bfv_dumper_fix_2.1.py has some spaces/tabs/indentations adjusted, yet makes no sense why you where unable to dump since its still original untouched script.
BRAGme wrote:WAV and not mp3
wav.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BRAGme
beginner

Post by BRAGme »

EALayer 3 is giving me wav files but the sound data is still cut off, in order for no data cut off, also it says XAS and EASpeex dll not detected, where do i put those?
Edit- i forgot to reinstall 32bit lol now its working
BRAGme
beginner

Post by BRAGme »

I know this isnt BFV but im trying to dump Hardline and i come across this issue
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

BRAGme wrote:I know this isnt BFV but im trying to dump Hardline and i come across this issue
It works if you have the rest of the DLCs/Extra content the game has otherwise it will not continue with extraction.
Usually these games extract smoothly as long as people have complete files, otherwise you'll have to remove files from folder structure in order to progress.
Basically your missing Expansion Packs that the game has, plus their required updates.
The game has 4 XPacks and you've reached first one that is missing.
squanders
ultra-n00b

Post by squanders »

Hey, how many hours shall it take normally for dumping the BFV files?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

squanders wrote:Hey, how many hours shall it take normally for dumping the BFV files?
It can take between 40min up to 9h+, that varies based on multiple factors, such as location of both game and dump, HDD or SSD so on and so forth.
Puterboy1
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Puterboy1 »

Would anyone like to send me the sound files for the Stuka, I might want to use the Jericho Trumpet sound effects for a project or two.
stalja
beginner

Post by stalja »

For demo of a new frostbite game they seem to have changed the structure again. The manifest seems to be missing from layout.toc. I get the following error in python:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\dontmatter\swbf2_bfv_dumper.py", line 830, in <module>
processManifest(bf1Directory)
File "E:\dontmatter\swbf2_bfv_dumper.py", line 732, in processManifest
fileRef = ManifestFileRef(manifest.file)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'file'
When I do the following:

Code: Select all

layout = cas.readToc(root + "\\Data\\layout.toc")
    l = dir(layout)
    print l
I get :

['__doc__', '__init__', '__module__', 'fs', 'get', 'head', 'installManifest', 'superBundles']
So ... no manifest to read from.
Last edited by stalja on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

stalja wrote:For Anthem demo they seem to have changed the structure again.
Yes its already known, the script is useless because its a completely new format that it does NOT involve cas.cat files anymore, I am sure sooner or later someone will come up with something, until then I'd suggest to not post any game files because the game is not officially out yet.
The devs can change their mind and screw things up more for us, if you know what I mean.
idchoppers
ultra-n00b

Post by idchoppers »

mono24 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:25 am
BRAGme wrote:IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Chuck\\Desktop\\BATTLEFIELD V FILES\\mp_installpkg\\Data\\layout.toc'
Huh, how did you end up having such an error based on the script baffles me, but, lets take one step at a time.
You used old script, new one was slightly modified by GalaxyMan2015 to support latest updates, did you used correct paths, did you enable necessary parameters, there for, lets begin.

First you need to install python, versions between 2.7.3-64bit up to 2.7.15-64bit will work, default settings and path installation is fine, after that you need to grab last updated script, I named the .zip 2nd to know which one people are using to avoid confusion in future.
PS: these steps work assuming you have a legit copy of the game with files intact and not corrupted, with their required file/folder structure, this is 100% procedure for 100% success rate, period, no other errors occur if everything done right.
Just be patient and follow through every step.

have fun
Dear mono, first off thanks for your excellent work. I've followed every step and triple checked everything, but still I'm getting an error while extracting Battlefront 2 (original copy), I even repaired my installation to make sure any files were not corrupt.

Here's where it stops:

Bundle: e9a4ec05
EBX
 K:\BF2_dump/bundles/ebx/characters/dark/d_heavy_orig/d_heavy_orig_mos_01/mpvur_d_heavy_orig_mos_01_bpb.ebx
 K:\BF2_dump/bundles/ebx/characters/dark/d_heavy_orig/d_heavy_orig_mos_01/d_heavy_orig_mos_01.ebx
 K:\BF2_dump/bundles/ebx/characters/dark/d_heavy_orig/d_heavy_orig_mos_01/texture/t_d_heavy_orig_mos_01_parts_cs.ebx
 K:\BF2_dump/bundles/ebx/characters/dark/d_heavy_orig/d_heavy_orig_mos_01/texture/t_d_heavy_orig_mos_01_nm.ebx
 K:\BF2_dump/bundles/ebx/characters/dark/d_heavy_orig/d_heavy_orig_mos_01/texture/t_d_heavy_orig_mos_01_cs.ebx
 K:\BF2_dump/bundles/ebx/characters/dark/d_heavy_orig/d_heavy_orig_mos_01/texture/t_d_heavy_orig_mos_01_backpack_cs.ebx
 K:\BF2_dump/bundles/ebx/characters/dark/d_heavy_orig/d_heavy_orig_mos_01/texture/t_d_heavy_orig_mos_01_aosl.ebx
 K:\BF2_dump/bundles/ebx/characters/dark/d_heavy_orig/d_heavy_orig_mos_01/mpvur_d_heavy_orig_mos_01_bpb/meshvariationdb_win32.ebx
 K:\BF2_dump/bundles/ebx/characters/dark/d_heavy_orig/d_heavy_orig_mos_01/d_heavy_orig_mos_01_parts.ebx
 K:\BF2_dump/bundles/ebx/characters/dark/d_heavy_orig/d_heavy_orig_mos_01/d_heavy_orig_mos_01_mesh.ebx
 K:\BF2_dump/bundles/ebx/characters/dark/d_heavy_orig/d_heavy_orig_mos_01/d_heavy_orig_01_backpack_mos.ebx
 K:\BF2_dump/bundles/ebx/characters/dark/d_assault_orig/d_assault_orig_mos_01/texture/t_d_assault_orig_mos_01_helmet_cs.ebx
 K:\BF2_dump/bundles/ebx/characters/dark/d_assault_orig/d_assault_orig_mos_01/d_assault_orig_mos_01_helmet.ebx
RES
excepted error: 3639990959L
I'm only interested in the audio but followed the instructions to dump everything to avoid issues. I've tried dumping to different disks and still it stops in the exact same spot. Mono or anyone else has any idea why this is happening? Thanks in advance!