Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

A8Tool - Asphalt 8 FBX Converter for Android, iOS & Win32

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
autobotlongarm
ultra-n00b

Re: A8Tool - Asphalt 8 FBX Converter for Android, iOS & Win3

Post by autobotlongarm »

I ran into a problem, and that's Asphalt Nitro pig file not extracting for some reason. The only model I see worth extracting from it is the Dodge Challenger SRT8 and the Ford Shelby GT500 since they look different to their Asphalt 8 counterpart.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

autobotlongarm wrote:I ran into a problem, and that's Asphalt Nitro pig file not extracting for some reason.
The error message has already pointed you the solution:
"Wrong game version! Try PIG2FBX instead!"

Of course you won't see this message if you're not running the tool through command line.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
Gta5KoRn
beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

cant import the textures from Aspalt Xtreme. And i unfortunatelly dont understand what the author means in the main post.. "To load ASTC-compressed pvr images in PVRTexTool, you'll need to download astcenc.exe, place the corresponding executables in your preferred location,
then place the location in the environment variable PATH." What are the "corresponding executables"? What is the "environment variable PATH"? Where is this location?
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Gta5KoRn wrote:cant import the textures from Aspalt Xtreme. And i unfortunatelly dont understand what the author means in the main post.. "To load ASTC-compressed pvr images in PVRTexTool, you'll need to download astcenc.exe, place the corresponding executables in your preferred location, then place the location in the environment variable PATH."
Alright, think I'm gonna explain you "patiently".
Gta5KoRn wrote:What are the "corresponding executables"?
If you'd already downloaded the astc-encoder you should probably notice that there're binary executables for different computer architectures. So, pick the CORRESPONDING one for your system.
Gta5KoRn wrote:What is the "environment variable PATH"?
Refer to the wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PATH_(variable). Don't know how to add a new location into the PATH? Google it!
Gta5KoRn wrote:Where is this location?
It reads "your preferred location", so any location where you prefer the astcenc.exe to be. As simple as that.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
Gta5KoRn
beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

ok, everything solved. But another question. The textures look weird. Its not how it supposed to be i guess: https://imgur.com/a/GcBUuHT
Any fix on this?
------------------
EDIT: solved too. pvrtextool cant handle the android version textures. but works with ios version.
Thanks for the help
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Gta5KoRn wrote:The textures look weird. Its not how it supposed to be i guess: https://imgur.com/a/GcBUuHT
Any fix on this?
I specially downloaded the Android version game again (v1.7.3) and they still work fine:
car_suv_mercedes-benz_g500_livery02_occ_mk.jpg
But in your screenshot it shows your image format is astc 8x8 which doesn't make sense.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
taruncreation
advanced

Post by taruncreation »

Gta5KoRn wrote:ok, everything solved. But another question. The textures look weird. Its not how it supposed to be i guess: https://imgur.com/a/GcBUuHT
Any fix on this?
------------------
EDIT: solved too. pvrtextool cant handle the android version textures. but works with ios version.
Thanks for the help
PVRTexTool is working fine with android and IOS both...You haven't figured that astc encoder perfectly...
Humans are so interesting...!
Gta5KoRn
beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Bigchillghost wrote:
Gta5KoRn wrote:The textures look weird. Its not how it supposed to be i guess: https://imgur.com/a/GcBUuHT
Any fix on this?
I specially downloaded the Android version game again (v1.7.3) and they still work fine:
car_suv_mercedes-benz_g500_livery02_occ_mk.jpg
But in your screenshot it shows your image format is astc 8x8 which doesn't make sense.
no idea... thats how it is. Pvrtextool v4.20, Asphalt Xtreme 1.7.3b build 17325 (OpenGL ES 3.1). I see there is another build Asphalt Xtreme 1.7.3b build 17324 (OpenGL ES 2.0)
here the downloadlink of 17325: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/5Je2/LD9NWzMnc
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Just upload your tga file so I can have a check.
Gta5KoRn
beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lzwvw0sg ... ga.7z/file
only "car_suv_mercedes-benz_g500_rfx.tga" can be imported bug free
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Bigchillghost wrote: But in your screenshot it shows your image format is astc 8x8 which doesn't make sense.
My bad. Your image was indeed in astc 8x8 format. :D
car_suv_mercedes-benz_g500_occ_mk.jpg
Gta5KoRn wrote: only "car_suv_mercedes-benz_g500_rfx.tga" can be imported bug free
They all work fine:
car_suv_mercedes-benz_g500_rfx.tga is also astc 8x8 compressed, no idea why you can open it correctly but failed with the others.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bigchillghost on Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gta5KoRn
beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

well, pvrtextool is sometimes weird. i had another error by import, it said the texture doesnt exist in the location where it is, or something like this.
Just tried again to import android textures and they are pink. Anyway they work fine with the ios version.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Gta5KoRn wrote:well, pvrtextool is sometimes weird.
If it works well on everyone else's PC but not yours, then it must be you doing something wrong.
So what did you do exactly to solve the astc-encoding issue?
Gta5KoRn wrote:i had another error by import, it said the texture doesnt exist in the location where it is, or something like this.
If you encounter an error like this:
PathIssue.jpg
then your path must contain illegal characters.
Gta5KoRn wrote:Anyway they work fine with the ios version.
Does it work with the astc-encoded images?
Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Andrakann »

Bigchillghost wrote:Files from vary platforms have no difference in data. The only difference between Android/iOS and Win32 version is that the files are packed in different ways.
There are difference in texture compression, iOS version have less compession artifacts.
I uploaded my testing samples here, if anyone's curious.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Here's a forked edition specially modified for the game Rival Wheels.
A8ToolRW.zip
Textures from this game are legacy PVR images, so just change the ext form tga to pvr.

Note that the security checks are removed in this ver so it'll definitely crash with files from other games.