Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dishonored 2 models and textures

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Dishonored 2 models and textures

Post by volfin »

MommoXX wrote:
volfin wrote:Ok, the model importer is functional, so I'll release. but there's a lot of caveats:

A) No skeleton or bone weight support at this time. (I am having trouble working out the weighting part).
B) Solved
C) models are broken up into a lot of parts, and positions aren't stored in the model files (uncertain, more research needed) So you'll have to move all the parts around to fit them together.

The good news is, Multiple models per file and multiple materials per model is supported, as is the two UV maps each model has (some duplicate the UV on both channels, but some, especially the main characters do have different UVs on each channel. I expect this is for effects like texturing and dirt/normal to be on separately laid out maps. But I have not looked into this in depth)
Also, this importer supports two model formats the game uses Bmd6model, and bmodel. should load either with no problem.

Example:

Multiple Material zones as defined in-game

All the parts with textures (I frankly don't know where all the gears go LOL)

The parts were found in these various directories:
Base Model: Pack 1\generated\basemodel\models\characters\mech\clockwork
Wooden Armor parts: Pack 1\generated\model\models\characters\mech\clockwork\breakables
Gears and Guts: Pack 1\generated\model\models\characters\mech\clockwork\wheels
Textures were all in: Pack 1\generated\image\models\characters\mech\clockwork\textures

Edit: Head parts are in the root of the extraction directory, Named like this: "nocloth_f_str_alexi_head_6381dc2474fd3c558dde926c5129fcad.bmd6model" for Alexi model.

Additionally, it seems like a lot of small parts to models are in the 'voidresourcecache' folder.

So that's the basic arrangement for assets.

If you come across any model files that produce an error, let me know the model name and location and I'll see what I can do about fixing.

Oh yeah I should add, importer is for Blender 2.70 and above, and if you need to know how to install, see my previous tutorial here:
viewtopic.php?p=103131#p103131

Enjoy.

Edit: new version below.
Okay.. how to import skeleton? Your script can import only meshes.
Read point A).
MommoXX
n00b

Post by MommoXX »

volfin wrote:
MommoXX wrote:
volfin wrote:Ok, the model importer is functional, so I'll release. but there's a lot of caveats:

A) No skeleton or bone weight support at this time. (I am having trouble working out the weighting part).
B) Solved
C) models are broken up into a lot of parts, and positions aren't stored in the model files (uncertain, more research needed) So you'll have to move all the parts around to fit them together.

The good news is, Multiple models per file and multiple materials per model is supported, as is the two UV maps each model has (some duplicate the UV on both channels, but some, especially the main characters do have different UVs on each channel. I expect this is for effects like texturing and dirt/normal to be on separately laid out maps. But I have not looked into this in depth)
Also, this importer supports two model formats the game uses Bmd6model, and bmodel. should load either with no problem.

Example:

Wooden Armor parts: Pack 1\generated\model\models\characters\mech\clockwork\breakables
Textures were all in: Pack 1\generated\image\models\characters\mech\clockwork\textures

Edit: Head parts are in the root of the extraction directory, Named like this: "nocloth_f_str_alexi_head_6381dc2474fd3c558dde926c5129fcad.bmd6model" for Alexi model.

Additionally, it seems like a lot of small parts to models are in the 'voidresourcecache' folder.

If you come across any model files that produce an error, let me know the model name and location and I'll see what I can do about fixing.

Oh yeah I should add, importer is for Blender 2.70 and above, and if you need to know how to install, see my previous tutorial here:

Enjoy.

Read point A).
So will you solve it?
MommoXX
n00b

Post by MommoXX »

volfin wrote:
MommoXX wrote:

B) Solved

Example:

Enjoy.

Read point A).
If you have extracted files from Dishonored 2, can you give me Corvo's textures? Cuz it will take time to unpack that BIG (7gb) package. (Just some guy send model, skeleton and anims of Corvo)
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

MommoXX wrote:So will you solve it?
Probably not, I haven't messed with it for over a year now, and I don't even have the game/files installed anymore.
MommoXX
n00b

Post by MommoXX »

volfin wrote:
Probably not, I haven't messed with it for over a year now, and I don't even have the game/files installed anymore.
But I don't understand how to extract game files (.resources).. Help me.
MommoXX
n00b

Post by MommoXX »

MommoXX wrote:
volfin wrote:
But I don't understand how to extract game files (.resources).. Help me.
Oh. Wait, I will do something. If i won't got it - I will tell you.
MommoXX
n00b

Post by MommoXX »

volfin wrote:
Do you know which file contains textures?
Upd. If someone can't find textures - it's in game1.resources and game2.resources.
ceephax
ultra-n00b

Post by ceephax »

Guys, can't find the attachment for the model importer.:((( Send me the link please
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

ceephax wrote:Guys, can't find the attachment for the model importer.:((( Send me the link please
it's in the second post on page 3
ceephax
ultra-n00b

Post by ceephax »

volfin wrote:
ceephax wrote:Guys, can't find the attachment for the model importer.:((( Send me the link please
it's in the second post on page 3
Thank you very much!!
Sorry for the noob question, but i've installed "Addon from file", and searched different names - bmd, io, dishonored - and can't find it in the list. What is the name of the importer?
AlexNG
n00b

Post by AlexNG »

Since after all these years there was no progress on importing map data, I became curious if I could figure it out, and frankly got a bit carried away. As a result, here is a new, effectively rewritten from scratch version of the model importer add-on, which supports:

1) Blender 2.8
2) Bone weights and skeletons: the skeletons are bare, so they don't look nice, but they do work.
3) Materials: while manually assembling a few materials for a character isn't that hard, when it comes to hundreds of materials in a map, with a few textures in each, doing everything manually isn't practical. The addon now reads material definition files and assembles simple PBR node materials with textures.
4) Static map geometry: the add-on can now import bwm files, with support for LOD filtering based on distance from the blender cursor.
5) Map entities: the entities files can also be imported, adding all declared lights and referenced models to the scene.

More detailed documentation is in a readme.txt file inside the add-on zip file.

Since importing a model now involves accessing other files, models should be imported directly from the directory where the resource packs were unpacked. The add-on also now includes Volfin's texture converter and texconv.exe so that it can do the bimage7 -> dds -> png conversion on demand (if a png or tga file is already there it'll just use it of course).
Last edited by AlexNG on Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexNG
n00b

Post by AlexNG »

A small update to material handling:

- Slightly more correct handling of normal maps.
- Basic handling of hair materials with fake anisotropy to avoid the ugly 'glass hat' look for imported characters.
Last edited by AlexNG on Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stut29
ultra-n00b

Post by Stut29 »

AlexNG wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:28 pm Since after all these years there was no progress on importing map data, I became curious if I could figure it out, and frankly got a bit carried away. As a result, here is a new, effectively rewritten from scratch version of the model importer add-on, which supports:

1) Blender 2.8
2) Bone weights and skeletons: the skeletons are bare, so they don't look nice, but they do work.
3) Materials: while manually assembling a few materials for a character isn't that hard, when it comes to hundreds of materials in a map, with a few textures in each, doing everything manually isn't practical. The addon now reads material definition files and assembles simple PBR node materials with textures.
4) Static map geometry: the add-on can now import bwm files, with support for LOD filtering based on distance from the blender cursor.
5) Map entities: the entities files can also be imported, adding all declared lights and referenced models to the scene.

More detailed documentation is in a readme.txt file inside the add-on zip file.

Since importing a model now involves accessing other files, models should be imported directly from the directory where the resource packs were unpacked. The add-on also now includes Volfin's texture converter and texconv.exe so that it can do the bimage7 -> dds -> png conversion on demand (if a png or tga file is already there it'll just use it of course).
Incredible! Thank you for doing this.

I'm likely overlooking something simple, but where can I locate the .bwm files? I've extracted everything using the latest quickbms script I could find but there doesn't seem to be any .bwm files. It does give me the entity files and those import perfectly.

Thanks again.
AlexNG
n00b

Post by AlexNG »

Stut29 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:52 am I'm likely overlooking something simple, but where can I locate the .bwm files? I've extracted everything using the latest quickbms script I could find but there doesn't seem to be any .bwm files. It does give me the entity files and those import perfectly.
They are in a subdirectory relative to the entities file. There are a lot of other files there too, but the open dialog in blender will filter them out.
Stut29
ultra-n00b

Post by Stut29 »

Got it!

After realising I was also missing a lot of _mip0 files (many textures were not converting to .dds), I've run quickbms again using dishonored2.bms 0.2.1 and the one for shared_2_3.sharedrsc. After pointing them to the correct files instead of the entire folder it's started spitting out some .bwm files and the remaining _mip0 files I was missing.

Thanks again for making this. I'd manually rebuilt much of the Hound Pits Pub from the first game using extracted models and to be able to import Dishonored 2 stuff into Blender automatically is a big time saver as you might imagine.