Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Battlefield V .cas .cat

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
FunnyML
beginner

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by FunnyML »

I can't dump the files with Python 2.7.6 x32. This is the error log:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Marcus\Desktop\Dump Scripts\Dump Scripts\swbf2_bfv_dumper.py", line 77, in <module>
ZSTD = cdll.LoadLibrary("ZSTD")
File "C:\Python27_x86\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 443, in LoadLibrary
return self._dlltype(name)
File "C:\Python27_x86\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 365, in __init__
self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
WindowsError: [Error 193] %1 ist keine zulässige Win32-Anwendung
Any ideas what I should do? The old dumper for BF1 works with my tools.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

FunnyML wrote:Any ideas what I should do?
The newly updated script by GalaxyMan2015 requires 64bit of python, latest version of python works as well.
Luriam wrote:You need Python 2.7.6, that's very important.
Your wrong, the audio decoding process is NOT tied up to that specific python version (those instructions you read in the archive are outdated and inaccurate from a different python script), yes it has to be 2.7 and not 3.x.x, BUT it will work with anything between 2.7.3 32-bit up to latest 2.7.15 32-bit versions of python.
The only thing changed on the newly dumping python script is that it requires python 2.7.3 64-bit up to latest 2.7.15 64-bit
Luriam wrote:During the extracting and converting you might get some errors like this one
The main reason your getting those errors is because well, outdated files on, pretty much everything, ealayer3.exe needs latest update by ID-Daemon including it's xas_decoder with its entry inside the python script to be updated, then everything will decode properly.
Luriam wrote:I couldn't fix it so I just moved the file causing the error out of that folder. So if the converting stopped at Wood003, just remove Wood004 and it should continue. But you'll have to restart the script, and it's wise to also remove all of the .ebx files that it already processed out of there too, so it doesn't convert them again. If it doesn't, just keep removing files until it does.
Do NOT remove anything, you need full dump intact of the game with every EBX where it belongs and its chunk files.
So basically use this decoder script, I updated the proper entry of the decoder, and all should run smoothly, make sure you have correct paths and for the ealayer3.exe too, make sure you use sound folder NOT the whole EBX folder and you're good to go.
BFVdecoder.zip
And if you happen to see few errors like this:

Code: Select all

Error executing Xas_decode.
when xas_decode cant decode the old xas.dll will decode it instead that specific audio ebx/chunk.

Also if you think that some sounds might not get decoded/missing, well that could mean they might have added a new format and needs further reversing, who knows what can be the reason, I didn't fully tested every audio, were talking 10s of thousands of files.

have fun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BGmoder
beginner

Post by BGmoder »

After some time, the script has work, but there are some errors.

chunkerrorChunnk does not exist: 900ec5e80fb0d5dcb639b2be11d0a2bc Sound/Core/Soldier/Footsteps/Sand/Soldier_Footsteps_Sand_Scufflestep
chunkerrorChunnk does not exist: 0b904f201a94a4fcc8bedcfc0a25c4a8 Sound/Core/Soldier/Footsteps/Sand/Soldier_Footsteps_Sand_Scufflestep
chunkerrorChunnk does not exist: 91a87b195c18ed682106970de148515c Sound/Core/Soldier/Footsteps/Sand/Soldier_Footsteps_Sand_Scufflestep

And this with all the files.
Luriam
advanced

Post by Luriam »

Thanks mono! I did what I could but this was my first time using Python so I had no idea what I was doing half the time :D

Thank you for the link :>
BGmoder
beginner

Post by BGmoder »

Yea guys i have music. Thanks Guys ! I will leave almost all the music here, well almost all the music there https://drive.google.com/open?id=120Fde ... 6IFIpP35i3
Puterboy1
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Puterboy1 »

Are you going to post the voices and SFX from the game onto this site?: www.sounds-resource.com ?
BGmoder
beginner

Post by BGmoder »

Interestingly, there was no error until the update, but now after the first patch, there’s such a surprise :x

EBX
Bundle: a390d240

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "F:\BfVPreset\Dump Scripts\swbf2_bfv_dumper.py", line 752, in <module>
processManifest(bf1Directory)
File "F:\BfVPreset\Dump Scripts\swbf2_bfv_dumper.py", line 688, in processManifest
binBundle=BinaryBundle(bundleFile.fileRef.getCas(catalogs), bundleFile.offset)
File "F:\BfVPreset\Dump Scripts\swbf2_bfv_dumper.py", line 486, in getCas
def getCas(self,catalogs): return self.getCatalogPath(catalogs) + "cas_" + str(self.casIndex()).zfill(2) + ".cas"
File "F:\BfVPreset\Dump Scripts\swbf2_bfv_dumper.py", line 480, in getCatalogPath
root=catalogs[self.getCatalogIndex()]
IndexError: list index out of range
>>>
BGmoder
beginner

Post by BGmoder »

The problem is in the file F:\Battlefield V\Data\Win32\installation\initialexperience\cas_07.cas And if you delete it, there will be an error, If you delete the initialexperience folder completely, the system ddos will start-the python will use all the RAM
Damoclès
beginner

Post by Damoclès »

BGmoder wrote:The problem is in the file F:\Battlefield V\Data\Win32\installation\initialexperience\cas_07.cas And if you delete it, there will be an error, If you delete the initialexperience folder completely, the system ddos will start-the python will use all the RAM
So what should we do ? Does it work well when the folder "initialexperience" is deleted even if it tooks full ram ?
BGmoder
beginner

Post by BGmoder »

As if the system itself reserves from my 16 GB to 2-3 GB, but I'm afraid the plate may boil, because nothing happens, but the memory modules are still under 15.7 GB clogged. I think maybe this is the version of python, but I try everything I can
BGmoder
beginner

Post by BGmoder »

This error is a python bug or the script.But I noticed that 20 bundles were quickly processed before the error.And here I have tried almost all versions, except for 32-bit. Help :oops:
Damoclès
beginner

Post by Damoclès »

BGmoder wrote:This error is a python bug or the script.But I noticed that 20 bundles were quickly processed before the error.And here I have tried almost all versions, except for 32-bit. Help :oops:
I think this error is caused by the new update of bfv.
Puterboy1
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Puterboy1 »

Damoclès wrote:
BGmoder wrote:This error is a python bug or the script.But I noticed that 20 bundles were quickly processed before the error.And here I have tried almost all versions, except for 32-bit. Help :oops:
I think this error is caused by the new update of bfv.
But you'll still put up the VO and SFX right?
BGmoder
beginner

Post by BGmoder »

I have a reserve left
Puterboy1
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Puterboy1 »

BGmoder wrote:I have a reserve left
And once you have gotten rid of any duplicates, you'll put them up on the Sounds Resource and/or Google Drive?