Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PC] Shadow of the Tomb Raider Bigfile.000.tiger

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: [PC] Shadow of the Tomb Raider Bigfile.000.tiger

Post by TSelman61X »

Noesis importer is also a big problem. I think there's four bone boundaries.
So a vetex is supported up to 4 bones. And this also causes Bone-weight errors. (https://answers.unrealengine.com/questi ... -maya.html)
https://comments.deviantart.com/1/730852304/4613196632 I thought the reason for the problem could be the plug-in for ascii. But ascii importer was working properly. I thought the source of the problem could be the importer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Crazy31139
veteran

Post by Crazy31139 »

Gh0stBlade wrote:
Crazy31139 wrote:Thanx, now support many other skeleton
If you have free time can see paperdoll_piece_redqueen_lowerbody.drm
in the DTPData folder - Section 31.dtp

paperdoll_piece_abby_top.drm (Section 32.dtp)
The correct skeleton file is Section 22.dtp... For some reason the model has out of range bone indices.

Sorry i don't understand Section 22.dtp for which model paperdoll_piece_abby_top.drm or paperdoll_piece_redqueen_lowerbody.drm
i don't find in DTPData folders of their .drm
junkymana
ultra-n00b

Post by junkymana »

First of all I want to say thank you for this tool. I found this a few days ago and I am happy that I can finally extract from this game.

Second, I just have a question. Are the textures from this game lower?
I remember when extracting from ROTTR the textures were in 4k but here it looks like they are in 2K.

Not criticising at all, just wondering if it's the tool extracting the textures at this resolution (as it happened with the TOMB RAIDER 2013 tool at the time), or if they are like this in the actual game.
When I played I didn't pay that much attention as I was more focused on playing, but it did look a bit less visually attractive compared with ROTTR.

And again, thanks for this tool. My question is just out of curiosity.
Thanks!
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

Noesis does not have a bone weight limit.
I have imported models with 12 weights per bone before.
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

It's likely it's just a bad model if you ask me... Each model I've seen (the engine only supports also...) 4 bone influences per vertex. This is what has been implemented, been the same since Legend.
Click the thanks button if I helped!
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

chrrox wrote:Noesis does not have a bone weight limit.
Yeah, I'm sure the problem is not with Noesis. I think the source of the problem is in "fmt_TR11_mesh_1_2.py".
Gh0stBlade wrote:It's likely it's just a bad model if you ask me... Each model I've seen (the engine only supports also...) 4 bone influences per vertex. This is what has been implemented, been the same since Legend.
But as you can see, there are problems. I haven't seen a 5 bone influences per vertex that refutes my guess.
Already only when exporting in .ascii format, the problems are minimized. ( https://sta.sh/01ekgyx6cp61 / https://sta.sh/0i3owijio1d Same problem.Problem solved)
( --> https://sta.sh/comments/61/1ekgyx6cp61/4644879812 "The bone index '2' is assigned 2 times. XPS add this values. The maxscript and the Blender importer use just the latest (small) value. This caust your "weight error"." )
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

TSelman61X wrote:
chrrox wrote:Noesis does not have a bone weight limit.
Yeah, I'm sure the problem is not with Noesis. I think the source of the problem is in "fmt_TR11_mesh_1_2.py".
Gh0stBlade wrote:It's likely it's just a bad model if you ask me... Each model I've seen (the engine only supports also...) 4 bone influences per vertex. This is what has been implemented, been the same since Legend.
But as you can see, there are problems. I haven't seen a 5 bone influences per vertex that refutes my guess.
Already only when exporting in .ascii format, the problems are minimized. ( https://sta.sh/01ekgyx6cp61 / https://sta.sh/0i3owijio1d Same problem.Problem solved)
( --> https://sta.sh/comments/61/1ekgyx6cp61/4644879812 "The bone index '2' is assigned 2 times. XPS add this values. The maxscript and the Blender importer use just the latest (small) value. This caust your "weight error"." )
Which DRM file, which mesh file?
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

Gh0stBlade wrote: Which DRM file, which mesh file?
In fact, all models have this problem. But the model I'm showing you as an example above is "paperdoll_piece_tr11_lara_child_torso.drm" .

The same bone of a different model. (This problem is not only a problem with this bone. There's this problem with all the mesh.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

Not an issue with the script, this is just how the models are rigged.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Gh0stBlade wrote:Not an issue with the script, this is just how the models are rigged.
Yeah, as someone who's rigged a lot of models and seen a lot of rigged models, it's pretty clear it's just some sloppy weighting work. You'd be surprised how bad AAA studios can be with weighting, especially when crunch time hits. I've seen some really atrocious examples.
Paliha
beginner

Post by Paliha »

Hi!
waiting for advice. In the archives of the game there are graphics DXGI_FORMAT_BC5_UNORM, console utilities from Microsoft and Nvidia convert them to DXGI_FORMAT_R8G8B8A8_UNORM, with a green tint, the DevIL and plugins Noesis, with blue. where is right? ))
public enum DDS_CAPS2
{
CUBEMAP = 0x00000200,
POSITIVE_X = 0x00000400,
POSITIVE_Y = 0x00000A00,
POSITIVE_Z = 0x00004000,
NEGATIVE_X = 0x00000600,
NEGATIVE_Y = 0x00002000,
NEGATIVE_Z = 0x00008000,
VOLUME = 0x00200000,
};
flags DDS_CAPS2 do not affect decompression or conversion.
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

Gh0stBlade wrote:Not an issue with the script, this is just how the models are rigged.
Probably... :?: I'm sure you're right. But the error I am talking about cannot be ignored.
I hope we find the source of the problem. :-)
Wasi78
ultra-n00b

Post by Wasi78 »

junkymana wrote:First of all I want to say thank you for this tool. I found this a few days ago and I am happy that I can finally extract from this game.

Second, I just have a question. Are the textures from this game lower?
I remember when extracting from ROTTR the textures were in 4k but here it looks like they are in 2K.

Not criticising at all, just wondering if it's the tool extracting the textures at this resolution (as it happened with the TOMB RAIDER 2013 tool at the time), or if they are like this in the actual game.
When I played I didn't pay that much attention as I was more focused on playing, but it did look a bit less visually attractive compared with ROTTR.

And again, thanks for this tool. My question is just out of curiosity.
Thanks!

Can you please give me the link of tools to unpack and pack the bigfile.tiger ..
junkymana
ultra-n00b

Post by junkymana »

Wasi78 wrote:Can you please give me the link of tools to unpack and pack the bigfile.tiger ..
In the first page you can find the links :)
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Be careful of this newest Patch that just came out a few minutes ago, Patch #7:

"Restructuring of game-data to reduce disc space usage and to allow for a smaller download size for new players. This does make the patch download for this specific patch a bit larger than usual."

I'm betting this will break the *.tiger exporter.