Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures (*.dme)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures (*.dme)

Post by episoder »

akderebur wrote:9 floats for 3x3 local rotation matrix, 3 floats for local position vector.

snip

@episoder Your approach is correct, as you need to reach the world space coordinates, but it can be achieved more easily using matrices. Load 12 floats as NoeMat43. Multiply bone matrix with the parent in recursion until, you reach the top. You need the rotation to load the skeleton properly anyway.
alright. i didn't see the 3x3 in the hex like that. i'm used to 4 column matrix data. will have to use an identity matrix then and fill the rows. i thought about testing the matrix adding yesternight already, since the rotation is broken. will have to see how that works in noesis. :)
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

well. i felt like it. easy progress. the weight data seems easy, but it sure doesn't wanna work easy. i need a break now. :)

TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

I've been trying to get it to work for the past few days but didn't manage to, nice to see that you have.
Is there any chance you can explain how you did it? Just want to learn for the future so I don't have to rely on others.
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

explain? take the file then. it's still incomplete. as posted i just read all the 3x3 and transform in the matrix prelist (so it's not messing up the matrices doing the recursion at the same time). then recursed (and multiplied) all into the seperate postlist. done that trick.

still got no clue howto fix the weights. the bone indices seem to be not so correct when using this all straight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

Thanks, that helped me understand how you did it.
Pingu
veteran

Post by Pingu »

Sorry for the bump.... If anyone knows which archives the sound files would be stored in for this game, please PM me. Thanks!
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

Anexenaumoon wrote:Sorry for the bump.... If anyone knows which archives the sound files would be stored in for this game, please PM me. Thanks!
( why PM? it's partially open source. i dunno anymore where i got the adpcm code tho. i can't credit it. defsb bat to de-fsbext and decode bat to de-code the adpcm codec files. :]
https://www.mediafire.com/file/36mrm78c9gpx2u0/dev.rar may leave that here anyway. )

wait a sec... wrong game... adventures not republic heroes...

doesn't the cwa bms script extract just mp3 and ogg files in the dearchived folders? you could use the windows search to get all of those. :D
ARAJediMaster
beginner

Post by ARAJediMaster »

episoder, in regards to that link you posted, does it have the assets to Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes or Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures? I found a link to what somebody described as “all the assets” to the later here: https://forum.facepunch.com/dev/bszzx/S ... postcwbwbk However, Anexenaumoon said he couldn’t find the sound archives in there. They are .pack files, but I don’t know if they contain any sound archives.

What is your evaluation on this?
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

well. what i linked was a lil mistake in my thought process. the sound extractor is for republic heroes. :D

about that pack. that is correct those are all the assets. the script or the modification to extract those can be found there. it should extract everything sound related as mp3 or ogg files.
ARAJediMaster
beginner

Post by ARAJediMaster »

So, episoder, can you help me and Anexenaumoon which of the .pack archives to rip? That is to narrow down where the sound files are?
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

ARAJediMaster wrote:So, episoder, can you help me and Anexenaumoon which of the .pack archives to rip? That is to narrow down where the sound files are?
you gotta extract all of them. the files are all across the archives. see? ... get it? the modification from acewell apparently extracts all into one folder, which i haven't tested tho.

episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

update... cause why not?!? a working head.

the remapping seems to be a lil harder on bodies tho. differences in bone count and all that.
Last edited by episoder on Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

almost there. now, it's just noesis fucking up the data. smd (right) has missing weights and fbx (left) is missing some bones. wth softwarez. damnit. for some reason i need 2 bone mappings for the 'normal' heads and 'uberloaded' bodies anyway. not a coherent data structure. mmh.

Last edited by episoder on Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

update: revamped the loader to use the adr files and loading the repective skeleton itself. rest is in the readme.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/39v5gg5t ... ed_wip.rar
xtiger
advanced

Post by xtiger »

I loaded these scripts using noesis to extract the. DME file of PlanetSide 2, but the error was reported. Could you help me? I want to use these models to make interstellar MODs.

Here are some related samples.Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.