Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

How do i extract models from a .bin.gz file

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
milhouse10000
ultra-n00b

How do i extract models from a .bin.gz file

Post by milhouse10000 »

(Im a complete noob) I have recently dumped my copy of Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition onto my pc, i got the romfs folder. I went into the models folder to get the models. Every model name ends in a .bin.gz How do i extract models from a .bin.gz file. I cant open it with 7zip or win rar. i can open it with notepadd++ but its all just code. how do i exract the model from all this code?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: How do i extract models from a .bin.gz file

Post by Darko »

milhouse10000 wrote:(Im a complete noob) I have recently dumped my copy of Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition onto my pc, i got the romfs folder. I went into the models folder to get the models. Every model name ends in a .bin.gz How do i extract models from a .bin.gz file. I cant open it with 7zip or win rar. i can open it with notepadd++ but its all just code. how do i exract the model from all this code?
WinRar, left click, extract to and that's all.
miller9163286
ultra-n00b

Re: How do i extract models from a .bin.gz file

Post by miller9163286 »

You can extract files by using the right format, there's a guide here https://7zipguides.com/