Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War maxscript (.skel .mesh)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
dudeses
ultra-n00b

Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War maxscript (.skel .mesh)

Post by dudeses »

ebross67 wrote:I'm looking for architectural meshes. They seem hard to find. Are they wrapped up in objres and wldmsh files? Thanks.
Maybe. Because I am can't find architectural meshes too.
Graesholt
beginner

Post by Graesholt »

zaramot wrote:Here's an update for Noesis texture plugins. Added support for .texa and .tex0 texture types (which could be unstable due to lack of samples) and improved support for .tex and .texuhd files.

EDIT: Update!
Hey Zaramot,
Is it possible to convert/export a large number of game texture files at once using these scripts and neosis?

Thank you :)
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Yes, Noesis supports Batch export. You could find it in upper left corner - Tools-Batch Process
Making model-import scripts, PM
crysis150
ultra-n00b

Post by crysis150 »

Hey. Any new updates ? Animations maybe.
MorgothZeONE
advanced

Post by MorgothZeONE »

i wish to thank you for this script, but i also would like to point out a few issues that need fixing, first of is the Balrog, its armor and wings are fine but the main body mesh's uv's are a bit messed up, some wights for cloth (mainly the Nazgul) are a bit wonkey in a few places, and Sauron's Elf-Form has completely broken weights, just a few things i felt needed pointing out for the next update

anyways have a good one
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Hey! I know about some troubles with the script, mainly with cloth, I can't fix it unfortunatelly (like robes of Sauron's fair form, it's cloth physics meshes). As for Balrog, his uv's I can fix them, just need his model. Also, does anyone have models of new nazgul from DLC "The Blade of Galadriel "? If anyone could get it or got already, please send me a PM. Thanks!

Here's how they look like
theIlluminati
ultra-n00b

Post by theIlluminati »

Hi,
this thread is a bit old, but I'll still try to ask...
So, anyone maybe stubled upon haedir models and textures? I seem unable to find them...

Thanks for help in advance
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

zaramot wrote: 1) Second script with "_cloth" word, apply it after using main one, bascically what you should do, import model and if there's something looks missing (cloth, cape, skirt, fabrics etc) use second "cloth" script or if .skel file is 400+kb you can bet it has "cloth" meshes inside xD
Hello my friend,
I think I have a little problem. I think the "Shadow_of_War_cloth.ms" script does not work well enough. Because they have bone & weight errors in the models I import.
I do not know if I ever told you about it before. So nowhere in the up-to-date SOW script.

I am stupid, I have not read the your writings. :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Graesholt
beginner

Post by Graesholt »

zaramot wrote:Hi guys! Sooo, here are the scripts. Few tips:
1) Second script with "_cloth" word, apply it after using main one, bascically what you should do, import model and if there's something looks missing (cloth, cape, skirt, fabrics etc) use second "cloth" script or if .skel file is 400+kb you can bet it has "cloth" meshes inside xD
2) With main script for rigged meshes, if any part would have "broken" uv's. Do this simple procedure:
Select the model and add the "Unwrap UVW" modifier above it and then press "Edit" button
Change the channel from 1 to 2 and press the button "Reset UVWs", when prompted, press Yes.
This will display the second texture coordinates set. Second Uv's channel

This might sound complex, but I gave those script for few ppl and they had no big problems with them. Anyways, you could always ask or bug report anything here. Have fun!
I HATE to ask dumb questions about stuff that has already been explained, because I feel that's all I do on here.
However, I just can't make this work for some reason.
Apologies.

I have a few models with [what I, at least, would categorize as] "broken" uv's.
I can Unwrap UVW just fine (I think), however, I can't see any "Edit" button after doing so...
The only "channel" I can seem to find and manipulate is the map channel, which I can set to 2 (getting a prompt that asks me if I want to move the UV to this channel or abandon it), but nothing changes if I do. Pressing the "Reset UVWs" after this changes nothing either.
If I change the channel back to 1, I seem to get NEW broken uv's, which is a result (I guess), but pressing the "Reset UVWs" revets to my original [and also broken] uv's.
I have tinkered with this for a few hours now and feel only dumber. I have started over from scratch many times, and read your instructions closely everytime. I don't know what to keep trying...
I am using Autodesk 3DS Max 2018, if that makes any difference to you.

I have uploaded one of the models giving me trouble (and its corresponding texture).

Thank for your work so far Zaramot.

EDIT:
I cannot seem to upload files, for whatever reason.
You can download from my dropbox here.
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

@Graesholt, It's never happened to me before.
But I downloaded your files and I did what your zaramot said. But I'm not successful.
I do not know what to say. :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Graesholt
beginner

Post by Graesholt »

TSelman61X wrote:@Graesholt, It's never happened to me before.
But I downloaded your files and I did what your zaramot said. But I'm not successful.
I do not know what to say. :-)
Judging by your screenshot, it looks like we're manipulating the same setting with the same result.
Is it possible that the model files have been altered somehow since the script was made?

If that is the case, then now that the definitive edition is out, an absolute script is possible, since the chance of the files being altered now should be very low...

Thank you for taking the time to show me that I'm not a complete moron...
MorgothZeONE
advanced

Post by MorgothZeONE »

speaking of UV's being messed (I mentioned this to Zaramot before) the Balrog's body UV's are messed up, though his armor isn't which is good

also if anyone knows i'd like to ask where Isildur, Hammerhand, and Sulidan's models are located, as i can only find the textures, same for the Drake as well

and... does anyone know if Shelob's Spider, and Fairform are even in the game files?
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

MorgothZeONE wrote: and... does anyone know if Shelob's Spider, and Fairform are even in the game files?
No, unfortunately :(
MorgothZeONE
advanced

Post by MorgothZeONE »

zaramot wrote:
MorgothZeONE wrote: and... does anyone know if Shelob's Spider, and Fairform are even in the game files?
No, unfortunately :(
well, thats unfortunate, still aside from the Nazgul and Drakes i cannot seem to locate many of the Uruk and Olog armors and some meshes (especially the Tower Uruk)

though i feel thats because of the bms script... idk if thats been updated lately but thats why some things are more difficult to locate than others (though thats just a guess)
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

MorgothZeONE wrote:does anyone know if Shelob's Spider, ...
That must be the Spider. But this model doesn't look like a spider in the trailer. :-)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-vOAL ... oopg8iimdU
I don't think I'il find the other one.