Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dirge Of Cerberus (Final Fantasy VII)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Dirge Of Cerberus (Final Fantasy VII)

Post by daemon1 »

Tool for Dirge Of Cerberus (Final Fantasy VII).
It can currently extract textures & skeletal models with bones, weights, UVs, etc.

(before converting models you have to extract files from game archive
you can do this with Luigi's BMS script for FF13, or with noesis)

Drop model/texture file onto the tool and it will output models as OBJ & SMD, textures as TGA
OBJ will just have geometry. SMD will have everything.
If you use it on static model, it will output empty files.

ImageImage

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by daemon1 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Dirge Of Cerberus (Final Fantasy VII)

Post by daemon1 »

daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

materials applied

Casedey
beginner

Post by Casedey »

Brilliant!!!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Tool released.
obesebear
ultra-n00b

Post by obesebear »

I can't tell you how many dozens of hours I have spent using 3dripperdx and photoshop and 3dsmax to get poorly ripped models with poorly ripped textures and attempt to piecemeal it all together. Thank you for this.

EDIT:
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the textures from? Dragging and dropping does create .obj and .smd files, and models load properly into noesis and 3dsmax, but there are no accompanying texture files.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

obesebear wrote:I can't tell you how many dozens of hours I have spent using 3dripperdx and
I can imagine that after reading the old FF7 thread. People here tried many things to get models in years ;)

Textures here are standard PS2 swizzled 8-bit palette images. So i used old existing tools for PS2. If nobody will come out with a quick and easy way to batch convert them, I'll do some tool for it myself.
obesebear
ultra-n00b

Post by obesebear »

For the models I "ripped" years ago I used a tool with pcsx2 where you individually scroll through all currently displayed textures on the screen and export one by one then switch its rgb channels.

Maybe the process isn't so bad now
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Note:

before converting models you have to extract files from game archive
you can do this with Luigi's BMS script for FF13, or with noesis
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

added texture export - same tool
just drop texture package onto it, it will export all images as TGA (uncompressed RGB with alpha)

obesebear
ultra-n00b

Post by obesebear »

I've been going through all the models and trying to organize and categorize, but I've come across some issues. One is Rosso's weapon texture is nowhere to be found. Galian beast has some incorrect vertices.

I'll upload the galian beast model later tonight unless I figure out the issue
tone
beginner

Post by tone »

please help
I extracted the iso using noesis then I renamed the files just like the instruction here

"Noesis 4.03 is out with VIFcode unpacking exposed to Python. Also, if you do the trick of renaming FILELIST.BIN to FILELIST_scru.x360.BIN and renaming KEL.DAT to white_scru.x360.bin, Noesis will extract them with proper filenames and paths. Although the decompressed filelist still uses blank names for lots of the RFD's, they'll still get the right extension."

but noesis was unable to extract the renamed files. I then used aluig's bms. The files were extracted,. however all the mod files I checked produced obj with the size 0 and smd with the size 0f 1.

1.why noesis could not extract my renamed files
2.could you tell me the name of the file that contains azul, so I can verify whether the files that i extracted using ff13 were corrupted or not
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

tone wrote:(...)
1.why noesis could not extract my renamed files
2.could you tell me the name of the file that contains azul, so I can verify whether the files that i extracted using ff13 were corrupted or not
1. Noesis should be able to extract them when you double click the one named Filelist. If your main archive file isn't named properly it will open a window where you can select it (KEL.dat). However the model files you want won't have names with either method.

2. Aluigis bms is recommended because it will group the models and textures together. A LOT of them are static objects, not supported by the tool. I recommend you make a batch so it processes all .mod files at once, then filter in Noesis for .smd files and sort them by size. The biggest files will be the cutscene models of main characters. If you found the one you want remember its filename, search it in your filebrowser and the .tex files after it will be its textures.
tone
beginner

Post by tone »

thank you daemon and crofty, it works now
TheArk
ultra-n00b

Post by TheArk »

So, if most of the files that don't convert properly are static objects, then why is it I can't seem to find certain Deepground Models? I have some of them but I'm not having luck when trying to find the Deepground Sergeant, Commander or Elite? Everything else converted. All the files are named like 0000000000002fd0 not with their specific names.

Any help?