Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Asphalt 9: Legends Jtex|Jmox Convertor(A9Tool)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Asphalt 9: Legends Jtex|Jmox Convertor(A9Tool)

Post by Bigchillghost »

Asphalt 9: Legends jtex/jmodel convertor for the Android/iOS version game.

Features:
I. Jmodel to FBX convertion:
- The first released tool using my binary FBX builder which reduces size of the resulting file.
- Multiple UV channels support: mesh name is followed by UV channel count. Second UV is used with normal maps.
- Vertex colors support: it allows you to export the model with vertex colors if the attribute is available.
- Option to extracting only the highest LOD: enabled by default.
- Option to quadifying the non-stripped meshes: disabled by default.
- Other small features for the scene properties.
- Batch process options.

II. Jtex to pvr convertion:
- Converting all *.tga.jtex files to ordinary PVR images.
- Batch process options.

Usage:
Double click the tool and follow the prompt message;
Change the values of corresponding field in the config file to affect program behaviors.

Known Issues:
There're still some parenting issues with most models so you need to adjust/correct them manully, mostly by mirroring or rotating their dummy bone along certain axes.
Edit: issues now fixed in v1.4.6

Potential Issues:
The tool uses a simple/rough method to calculate face counts of grouped submeshes so chances are that it might not work correctly for some models.

A few working examples:

(With MeshQuadifier enabled)

For those who have no clue about how to unpack Android obb archive, use Haozip.
Or you can try with my Zip64Unpacker for iOS pack files here.
For obb archives containing assets without proper names, you must use this script to unpack them.

You'll need the SQN.db from this post as well. Just place it into the same folder as other components.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bigchillghost on Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:02 am, edited 14 times in total.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
zimex25
veteran

Re: Asphalt 9: Legends Jtex|Jmox Convertor(A9Tool)

Post by zimex25 »

I see many issue. When textures convert to .pvr, I saw messege: "This file cannot be open Please..." When I import model to 3DS Max I saw this: https://mega.nz/#!nl82gQxJ!CxIe1wPPSzYx ... 9sKWtZMYc8 (this same in 3DSimEd and Blender) and CAR_NAME_fx_overclocked_dyn and CAR_NAME__fx_respawn_dyn.json can't be convert.
And this my files: https://mega.nz/#!H8tmnaiC!KgkS2jwrpboE ... WIIwnqaNiI
Sad news that you don't develop this tool now :/
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

zimex25 wrote:When textures convert to .pvr, I saw messege: "This file cannot be open Please..."
That's not an error message from my code so maybe the file is not accessible.

Edit: Anyway these textures won't be converted correctly coz these formats were out of my consideration.
zimex25 wrote:When I import model to 3DS Max I saw this: (this same in 3DSimEd and Blender)
That's the issue I described in the first post:
Bigchillghost wrote: Issues:
Currently there's no way to separate submeshes within the same mesh group, and as a temporary solution they're all represented by an instance of the same mesh group. So you have to clean out the model from a mesh mountain.
...In a word, to get the model you want, you need to work really "hard".
All corresponding meshes are in correct positions so you need to delete the extra parts manully.
zimex25 wrote:CAR_NAME_fx_overclocked_dyn and CAR_NAME__fx_respawn_dyn.json can't be convert.
Didn't care much for those fx files but it should work too. Might take a look on your files later.

Edit: Your files are using a different compression, are they from the Win32 version?
zimex25 wrote:Sad news that you don't develop this tool now :/
With that being said I mean currently there's unlikely to be any major updates on the tool. But any running issues causes by the tool are to be considered.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
zimex25
veteran

Post by zimex25 »

Bigchillghost wrote:
zimex25 wrote:When textures convert to .pvr, I saw messege: "This file cannot be open Please..."
That's not an error message from my code so maybe the file is not accessible.

Edit: Anyway these textures won't be converted correctly coz these formats were out of my consideration.
zimex25 wrote:When I import model to 3DS Max I saw this: (this same in 3DSimEd and Blender)
That's the issue I described in the first post:
Bigchillghost wrote: Issues:
Currently there's no way to separate submeshes within the same mesh group, and as a temporary solution they're all represented by an instance of the same mesh group. So you have to clean out the model from a mesh mountain.
...In a word, to get the model you want, you need to work really "hard".
All corresponding meshes are in correct positions so you need to delete the extra parts manully.
zimex25 wrote:CAR_NAME_fx_overclocked_dyn and CAR_NAME__fx_respawn_dyn.json can't be convert.
Didn't care much for those fx files but it should work too. Might take a look on your files later.

Edit: Your files are using a different compression, are they from the Win32 version?
zimex25 wrote:Sad news that you don't develop this tool now :/
With that being said I mean currently there's unlikely to be any major updates on the tool. But any running issues causes by the tool are to be considered.
I use files from Android game version. (Adreno device)
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

zimex25 wrote: I use files from Android game version. (Adreno device)
Weird then. The _fx_overclocked_dyn and _fx_respawn_dyn files from your samples are larger in size than both the ones from Android & iOS version I'm using.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Tool updated.
taruncreation
advanced

Post by taruncreation »

I was able to get the Models&Textures from the older version perfectly..though have to delete extra parts.

The PVR file i was getting was easily viewable in PVRTexTool. and Fx_overclocked was also converted but i will have to reorient it to get perfect mesh though...
Humans are so interesting...!
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

taruncreation wrote:I was able to get the Models&Textures from the older version perfectly..though have to delete extra parts.
Well the research was based on both the debug and the released versions of the game so the tool is compatible with files from both version.
However files from the released version mostly don't use stripped meshes while the old version did. And the tool will ignore only the lower LODs from the non-stripped mesh group. So it's recommended to use the the latest version of the game.
taruncreation wrote:but i will have to reorient it to get perfect mesh though...
Didn't care for the UV mapping earlier, now it should be fine.
TolikGT
beginner

Post by TolikGT »

but how unpack obb file ?
taruncreation
advanced

Post by taruncreation »

Any solution for getting not rotated model? And any way to get the lowest lods only?

@Tolik- Use HaoZip for extracting obb.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

taruncreation wrote:Any solution for getting not rotated model? And any way to get the lowest lods only?
What do you mean by "not rotated model"? And why would you ever need the low LODs?
Unfortunately I'm afraid it's more complicated to get only the lowest LODs, let along it's contrary to my interests. But I can build a separate version to save all LODs if you need it.
taruncreation
advanced

Post by taruncreation »

Sorry was unable to explain properly.

The converted models are rotated along x-axis...

Also I'm looking for the lower LODs because not every game runs highpoly models.
Last edited by taruncreation on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mehrdad995gta
ultra-n00b

Post by mehrdad995gta »

Thanks for the tool
but I can't just manage to unpack the obb file with WinRAR
is it encrypted?
taruncreation
advanced

Post by taruncreation »

mehrdad995gta wrote:Thanks for the tool
but I can't just manage to unpack the obb file with WinRAR
is it encrypted?
You can open it with HaoZip...

btw @Bigchillghost- Maybe you should state about HaoZip in first post.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

taruncreation wrote:btw @Bigchillghost- Maybe you should state about HaoZip in first post.
Fine. As you wish... :D