Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Post by HeliosAI »

ajax1313 wrote:after some time, i figured it out. but now i'm having trouble locating model files for shadow child and other DLC characters.
You have to extract the folder "Deus Ex Mankind Divided\DLC\runtime\" those files will have the DLC characters.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

ajax1313 wrote:after some time, i figured it out. but now i'm having trouble locating model files for shadow child and other DLC characters.
yes I don't think you can get the DLC stuff, the unpacker doesn't handle those or probably the names file doesn't have DLC names.
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

volfin wrote:
yes I don't think you can get the DLC stuff, the unpacker doesn't handle those or probably the names file doesn't have DLC names.
Sir Kane's unpacker works fine with DLCs. They have their own Namemap after extraction and the renamer script works too so you can have all dlc models.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

o0Crofty0o wrote:
volfin wrote:
Sir Kane's unpacker works fine with DLCs. They have their own Namemap after extraction and the renamer script works too so you can have all dlc models.
Really? I didn't know that.I'll have to give it a try i guess.
JimmyJ
beginner

Post by JimmyJ »

Hello, I need some help, I test that tool and have some problems.

I export .apx file from DEMD tool, and choose to export PRIM - DEMD Native Model (.bin), after I got vaclav.apb and vaclav.bin, when I drop vaclav.apb on DXMDmodel.exe, I got smd and ascii files with 0 bytes...
here is screen: http://prntscr.com/mz0hn2
when I drop only vaclav.bin I got ascii model with 600kb, but dont have smd..
here is screen: http://prntscr.com/mz0hy3

what Im doing wrong?
axtry
ultra-n00b

Post by axtry »

Hello,
I'm desperately looking for DXMD models for 3 years and I found this tutorial, but I don't understand nothing. I mean, I don't even know how to get in the first step.
1. I can't find anything like Sir Kane's extractor
2. I tried quickbms, but I have no idea how it works and what file should I select to export the stuff
3. I have 0 experience with hex editor and I didn't get it how it works from any tutorial
I really don't know what to do and nobody from xentax discord was able to help me. If anyone would be able to make more complex tutorial I would be so grateful. :(
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

https://deus-ex-3d-models.tumblr.com/

you can find older posts in the "Archive" section.
axtry
ultra-n00b

Post by axtry »

volfin wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:15 pm https://deus-ex-3d-models.tumblr.com/

Links are not working and owner of the page is not responding + few main characters are not there at all. :[
DeepWeeb
ultra-n00b

Post by DeepWeeb »

I have been checking the ripping guide myself too, and I already got past DEMD database part with all the extracted files and the like.
But I'm struggling with the .prim and .borg part, as DEMD database only allows for the files to be extracted AND converted, meaning that even if I'm able to locate the files I need, I can't get them. And I really need both files for the model to be rigged.
axtry
ultra-n00b

Post by axtry »

I have the same problem. Thanks to the databse I can locate the prim files but I have no idea how to find borg files
Tenshinen
ultra-n00b

Post by Tenshinen »

Manually find BORG by searching NameMap.txt for the exact model you're looking at in DEMD Database. The hex string is the name of the file in your extract, and should have a GROB header.

Also what do I do with ASCII files? I want Jensen's coat but I don't know how to import it into blender?
XanderRomanov
ultra-n00b

Post by XanderRomanov »

Hello, gentlemen. I recently decided to get myself tattoo as the one Hector Guerrero(aka Oscar Mejia) has. I started making some sketches to understand how it goes, but there are some moments which are unclear to me and I realized that my job would be way easier if I could get my hands on character's textures. But I came across the problem of not knowing how to and not being able to extract textures from the game, and studying this problem led me to this forum. I've seen you people doing such things and that's why I think you might be the right people to help. Is there anybody willing to help the artist in need, please? All I'm asking for is to get one texture of a character, and then my little dream can become true.
XanderRomanov
ultra-n00b

Post by XanderRomanov »

Nevermind, already got it!
AzothRaven
beginner

Post by AzothRaven »

volfin wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:15 pm https://deus-ex-3d-models.tumblr.com/

Hi!
First of all wanted to thank you for the tool for Deus Ex Mankind Divided! Im a noob in this community and I´m using Sir Kane unpacker, but just after unpacking it I get an error and I cannot progress, here are screenshots of what happens, could you please help me a little?
I think that the NameMap.txt. is not getting created but I have no idea why or how to fix it.
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR »

Is there a way to fix how the Purehair tool for the edge version of the hairs basically seperates the first vertices from the rest of the edge collections? At least this is happening with Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It makes it so that the scalp is more visible than it is supposed if there are no extra vertices going all the way to the head. You can kind of fix this by converting the edge-object to curves, selecting the first points and extruding, but it makes the lines go in wrong directions since the starting vertices are moved uniformally.

I kind of fixed the issue with the standard ponytail, but good luck doing the same with the mud hair version.