Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

King of Fighters All Stars

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
shingenseiji
advanced

King of Fighters All Stars

Post by shingenseiji »

Managed to rip the models of the new KOF game for phones using the usual Unity Studio method.
Because you're allowed to download every files once you open the game, this means you can basically just
run the app once, ask for it to DL all the data and rip it without much trouble, which is nice considering how the big part
of these games actually download one specific file once you get them through the gacha and you need to actually download
everything by hand making it a more tedious thing to do.

The model files include the default HD version and also the LQ one (which I'm assuming is used for long distance shots)
both merged in the same mesh file, so if you don't want the LQ one you can just download that part of the mesh.

One thing that's sad for me is that the models only seem to have face bones for the eyes, which means the face animations
are probably animated by messing with the mesh itself rather than by having a face rig. I don't know how to extract animations
from Unity games, so it would be great if someone who's also interested in this game could help. I'm sharing Geese's mesh, animations
and also something called prefabs (which I don't know what those files are supposed to be or if they're important at all) so you guys
can mess with them and see if you can figure out how to extract the animations and import them into Blender/3DS/whatever.

Download Geese's Files
BobDope
ultra-n00b

Re: King of Fighters All Stars

Post by BobDope »

That's cool (and quick).

I got hold of the files, but can't seem to get the model from the mesh-file, even using Unity Studio 0.5.0.0

Is there somewhere, I can find a run-down of "the usual Unity Studio method"? (I'm a noob, i know).

Thank you.
shingenseiji
advanced

Post by shingenseiji »

BobDope wrote:That's cool (and quick).

I got hold of the files, but can't seem to get the model from the mesh-file, even using Unity Studio 0.5.0.0

Is there somewhere, I can find a run-down of "the usual Unity Studio method"? (I'm a noob, i know).

Thank you.
Yeah, I've been waiting for this game since there's a lack of KOF models available,
and since I know how to rip Unity models this was the best chance to get some so I didn't waste any time! :D

Is simple, you just open Unity Studio, load the Unity3d file (the model one, since iirc the animation files don't work in Unity Studio)
and then you just mark the square of (in this case) Geese's model files and then in 3d model just export all 3d objects (split).
It should export the model's meshes in a .fbx file with the in-game rig (it is pretty basic for the face tho since it seems the facial animations
are stored in the actual animation.unity3d file, and I don't know how to export those to use in blender yet).
Once you have the .fbx file, then its up to you & your fav method you like to use to port the model to whatever software (Blender, Maya, SFM, MMD...) you plan to use it.
That's the basic run-down I do and it works for basically every game I've tried it with. Hopefully it works for you too. :)
BobDope
ultra-n00b

Post by BobDope »

Thanks for the reply

What version of Unity Studio are you using?

I'm using 0.5.0.0 and can't get it to do it.

First off, I can't load the mesh-files in it, unless i rename the file *.assets
I click the check-box, go to export -> All 3D objects (or Selected 3D objects), give the .fbx-file a name and get an error, resulting in a 2kb .fbx-file and nothing more.
shingenseiji
advanced

Post by shingenseiji »

BobDope wrote:Thanks for the reply

What version of Unity Studio are you using?

I'm using 0.5.0.0 and can't get it to do it.

First off, I can't load the mesh-files in it, unless i rename the file *.assets
I click the check-box, go to export -> All 3D objects (or Selected 3D objects), give the .fbx-file a name and get an error, resulting in a 2kb .fbx-file and nothing more.
I'm using version 0.9.0.22 so maybe that's where you have the problem, since I can load .unity3d files with no problem.
Try again with a newer version and see if it works. :)
BobDope
ultra-n00b

Post by BobDope »

That did the trick - thank you for the help!
ratonmalo
ultra-n00b

Post by ratonmalo »

Hi, In what folder are the mesh files?

In this one?
com.netmarble.kof\files\assetbundles

thanks
shingenseiji
advanced

Post by shingenseiji »

ratonmalo wrote:Hi, In what folder are the mesh files?

In this one?
com.netmarble.kof\files\assetbundles

thanks
Yeah, if I recall correctly, that's the directory (can't confirm because I don't remember clearly and I can't check it at the moment, but I'm 90% sure that was the folder).
BobDope wrote:That did the trick - thank you for the help!
You're welcome! :D
lurenx
ultra-n00b

Post by lurenx »

for animiation I got it working with AssestStudio
https://github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio/releases
the anmiations are saved in a different source file. If you load them together in AssetStudio you will be able to view the model with animation in Noesis.

I found that the exported model only has the normal map.
I was able to export as FBX, then use the Autodesk FBX tool to convert it to FBX2013, then everything can be loaded into Blender correctly. The diffuse maps need to be updated manually.
Somehow 3dsmax cannot load the files correctly.

The only issue I have is that the facial expression does not seem to import to blender.
I found that they are imported as shape keys but not loaded to the model animation directly.
iehaiel
ultra-n00b

Post by iehaiel »

lurenx wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:17 am for animiation I got it working with AssestStudio
the anmiations are saved in a different source file. If you load them together in AssetStudio you will be able to view the model with animation in Noesis.

I was able to export as FBX, then use the Autodesk FBX tool to convert it to FBX2013, then everything can be loaded into Blender correctly. The diffuse maps need to be updated manually.

The only issue I have is that the facial expression does not seem to import to blender.
I found that they are imported as shape keys but not loaded to the model animation directly.
Thanks for sharing this tool, it has helped me a lot, I have problems in making animations work, could you explain me better how to do it?
zhang123
ultra-n00b

Post by zhang123 »

iehaiel wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:18 pm
lurenx wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:17 am for animiation I got it working with AssestStudio

Thanks for sharing this tool, it has helped me a lot, I have problems in making animations work, could you explain me better how to do it?
1,select the model in Scene Hierarchy
2,select an AnimationClip in Asset list
3,use Model/Export selected objects with AnimationClip
iehaiel
ultra-n00b

Post by iehaiel »

zhang123 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:47 am
iehaiel wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:18 pm

1,select the model in Scene Hierarchy
2,select an AnimationClip in Asset list
3,use Model/Export selected objects with AnimationClip
thank you very much for the explanation, it helped me a lot
korea0799
ultra-n00b

Post by korea0799 »

Workable :]
Just need to reScale
ratonmalo
ultra-n00b

Post by ratonmalo »

Hi,
I having problems with the animations.

If I Load the Character (Menu File > Load file // Select file prefabs_character_takuma)
I can extracted and the facials (Blend Shape) works great.

From there If I load the animation file (Menu File > Load file // Select file resourcesdata_animation_character_takuma)
All the animations appear in the Asset List Tab and the Takuma Character Moldes disappear.

If I try to extract the animations selecting the menu Export > All Assets, the extracting progress bar start to move but I get no extracted file in the folder. Getting the next error "Nothing exported. 62 assets skipped (not extractable of files already exist)"

Any help? Thanks
MisterPrawn
beginner

Post by MisterPrawn »

Would anyone be willing to DM me the data files that download when you start up the game? I've been trying to get them via BlueStacks, but I can never seem to wrap my head around how one gets data files that aren't included in the main ipa/apk file.

Hope I'm not being a bit of a nuisance for asking this. :]