Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Overwatch Models/Textures

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
octaviousrex
veteran

Re: Overwatch Models/Textures

Post by octaviousrex »

Is it possible for me to ask for vehicle meshes? I don't need them rigged I don't need them textured I just want the meshes prefferably in a .obj. Thanks for your time.
TaylorMouse
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by TaylorMouse »

You will probably need to do that yourself

you need the game, the casc explorer and my viewer.

Extract the raw models with the casc explorer and browse through the models with my viewer, the names are just a sequence of bytes like 000000004EF.0CC

Casc explorer: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/x ... plorer.zip

My viewer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g19lul4r359eo ... 2.zip?dl=0

With my viewer you can export the model to .obj

More on my blog here: https://taylormousegamedev.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps.
octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

TaylorMouse wrote:You will probably need to do that yourself

you need the game, the casc explorer and my viewer.

Extract the raw models with the casc explorer and browse through the models with my viewer, the names are just a sequence of bytes like 000000004EF.0CC

Casc explorer: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/x ... plorer.zip

My viewer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g19lul4r359eo ... 2.zip?dl=0

With my viewer you can export the model to .obj

More on my blog here: https://taylormousegamedev.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps.
Okay, thanks I shall work with all this but while I have you I have ment to ask about making an addition to you 3d model viewer tool here. When I rip most pc games I can see the gemetry even if it's been flipped (mercinaries 2 world of flames seems to rip the model inside out) But when I ripping models from android games using ninja ripper I can never see the geometry at all and have to go rip by rip in 3D max to get to the geometry I want out of the all the files. Your viewer, usuaully cuts down my rip sorting time to a 1/4 of the time it takes me in 3D MAX going one by one. is there a way or can you make a way to make android ninja ripper rip files show geometry with your tool? cause that's been my biggest and only issue with your awesome 3d viewer.
Tabris
n00b

Post by Tabris »

Hi everyone,

I tried to export models from Overwatch.

My overwatch version is the 1.42. I tried to use CASCExplorer.exe v1.0.123 but I got an error message.

Is there another way to extract the models ? What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks.
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

Tabris wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:03 am ...
Is there another way to extract the models ? What am I doing wrong ?
there is only this way afaik. i can't tell the version status tho. i'm not on it rn.
Tabris
n00b

Post by Tabris »

humm.. sorry but I'm a 3d artist I don't even know what to do with your link.

I tried to use Datatool, it says "base not correct".

I just need the gun of zarya. Could maybe someone send me the model ?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/29/fc/24 ... 20506.jpg
Best
rensole
beginner

Post by rensole »

Ive recently also been getting errors and I'm no longer able to extract anything.
Would anyone have any idea on how I could resolve this?

Datatool v1.42.0.855
Overwatch build 1.42.0.0.63869

I always get this:

Time now: 8-12-2019 18:30:18
Cmdline: DataTool.exe --language=enUS --cache --cache-data --convert-textures-type=tif "F:\hots\2\Overwatch" extract-unlocks ".\\" "ana"
Output: .\
[Core] DataTool v1.42.0.855-git-75497e17c0afb455b9aee19c9748faa43c08aa35
[Core] CommandLine: ["--language=enUS", "--cache", "--cache-data", "--convert-textures-type=tif", "F:\hots\2\Overwatch", "extract-unlocks", ".\", "ana"]
[Core] CommandLineFile: C:\Users\****\Downloads\toolchain-release (4)\DataTool.exe.args
[CASC] Set language to enUS
[CASC] Overwatch build 1.42.0.0.63869
[CASC] Initializing...
[CMF] Using CMF procedure 63869
[CMF] Using CMF procedure 63869
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
at TACTLib.Container.ContainerHandler.OpenIndexEntry(IndexEntry indexEntry)
at TACTLib.Container.ContainerHandler.OpenEKey(EKey key)
at TACTLib.Client.ClientHandler.OpenEKey(CKey key)
at TACTLib.Client.ClientHandler.OpenCKey(CKey key)
at TACTLib.Core.Product.Tank.ApplicationPackageManifest.LoadPackage(Int32 i, ClientHandler client, ContentManifestFile cmf)
at TACTLib.Core.Product.Tank.ApplicationPackageManifest.<>c__DisplayClass12_2.<.ctor>b__0(Int32 i)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1.<ForWorker>b__1()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(Object )
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[TLocal](Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Func`4 bodyWithLocal, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.For(Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body)
at TACTLib.Core.Product.Tank.ApplicationPackageManifest..ctor(ClientHandler client, ProductHandler_Tank tankHandler, Stream stream, String name)
at TACTLib.Core.Product.Tank.ProductHandler_Tank..ctor(ClientHandler client, Stream stream)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
at TACTLib.Core.Product.ProductHandlerFactory.GetHandler(TACTProduct product, ClientHandler client, Stream root)
at TACTLib.Client.ClientHandler..ctor(String basePath, ClientCreateArgs createArgs)
at DataTool.Program.InitStorage(Boolean online)
at DataTool.Program.Main()