Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

SWTOR Ripping Help?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
WendigoTheDrunk
n00b

SWTOR Ripping Help?

Post by WendigoTheDrunk »

I have been trying to figure this out for about two days now and I cannot seem to find where the models are for NPCs, I tired using Ninja Ripper on Jedipedia but to no avail.

If anyone can help me I would be forever than grateful for there help and will give proper credit when I make my mod!
WendigoTheDrunk
n00b

Re: SWTOR Ripping Help?

Still unsolved!
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Unique NPC like Arcann, Valkorion, Darth Malgus ect. are easy to find, as for other NPC's like Darth Marr, Thanaton and so on, I suggest you to use Jedipedia (there you could check which parts NPC is using) and then just find them by it's names, it's easy actually.
Like this for example https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/npc/lord-scourge-2
For chest it's using chest_capetight_bms_heavy_sw_a06 parts, just use windows "find" function in folrders where you extarcted files.
Making model-import scripts, PM
WendigoTheDrunk
n00b

zaramot wrote:I suggest you to use Jedipedia (there you could check which parts NPC is using)
I tried that but all the 3d files are down. (I can't view them)
Also do you recommend NinjaRipper? or something else? NinjaRipper seems.... Disorganized.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

I made a maxscript for this game long ago, and there are other tools here on xentax, you should do some searching.
WendigoTheDrunk
n00b

zaramot wrote:You should do some searching.
Fair enough, but what about my model situation? Does that happen to you too? or is that a me problem? (All armors are down ((3d viewer)) but NPC ones are up.)
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

No, everything is okay. I ripped a lot of models from SWTOR, I'm a constant player there, actually:) You can check a vid of armor from the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYnvdfvwNa8 And I made a LOT of them, just no making videos of them:) My point is, you can get everything with no problems and with bones+weights - not just static stuff!
WendigoTheDrunk
n00b

zaramot wrote:No, everything is okay. I ripped a lot of models from SWTOR, I'm a constant player there, actually:) You can check a vid of armor from the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYnvdfvwNa8 And I made a LOT of them, just no making videos of them:) My point is, you can get everything with no problems and with bones+weights - not just static stuff!
So I need to go in-game not just the Jedipedia?
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

No lol you need EasyMyp program, then extract archives and import models in 3ds max or using Noesis export to any 3d format and use Blender, Maya ect.
WendigoTheDrunk
n00b

zaramot wrote:No lol you need EasyMyp program
I have EasyMYP I just never can really find where armors or NPCs are in it.
I know it should be under SWTOR_Main_Art_Dynamic_*Bodypart*...Right?
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Yes, they are there .gr2 files separated by body types bms, bmn, bfs, bfn and so on. I have no idea how you can't find them, with Jedipedia help you should be able to find everything you might need (and with some searching among files xD)
WendigoTheDrunk
n00b

zaramot wrote:Yes, they are there .gr2 files separated by body types bms, bmn, bfs, bfn and so on. I have no idea how you can't find them, with Jedipedia help you should be able to find everything you might need (and with some searching among files xD)
I hate to say it but I am pretty blind to this stuff....
I have a poorly decoded version of the hash or whatever. How would you be able to "Find them with the help of Jedipedia"....?