Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

GoW GNF Textures

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

GoW GNF Textures

Post by akderebur »

Hi,

I am getting some GNF textures from the GoW PS4 game, but I couldn't open them with Noesis. I am not familiar with the GNF format and don't understand much looking at the pixel data, so I don't have any info to provide unfortunately. The header looks like any other GNF I have seen, but they aren't loaded properly for some reason.

All I can do is provide some samples : http://www.mediafire.com/file/mxvav6jyg ... W_Texs.rar I hope someone can works this out.

Thanks.
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: GoW GNF Textures

Post by episoder »

multi chunk files, and they seem to compressed. no offset matches, no nothing.

GNF header is 0x110 (0x112) bytes. some file size info at 0x0C, decompressed size seems to be at 0x104, format could be at 0x108, number of surfaces at 0x10A. no resolution info anywhere to be found tho. data start signature or compression id is 0x8C06 at 0x112. that's all i got real quick. i don't like to deal with this compression stuff. :|
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

episoder wrote:multi chunk files, and they seem to compressed. no offset matches, no nothing.
Thanks for taking a look.

I just got the files by finding the GNF header in the archive and copying the given data size in the header. I haven't thought more info would be required. I will extract some files properly based on the offsets and sizes in the archive toc. It might have the missing information you mentioned.
Sajjad Rahim
advanced

Post by Sajjad Rahim »

here tools for anyone need it i found them in ps4 sdk
Last edited by Sajjad Rahim on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Sajjad Rahim wrote:here tools for anyone need it i found them in ps4 sdk
Those are highly illegal, you might want to take it down according to forum rules, plus they do not include the proper libraries to work so its useless.
Sajjad Rahim
advanced

Post by Sajjad Rahim »

mono24 wrote:
Sajjad Rahim wrote:here tools for anyone need it i found them in ps4 sdk
Those are highly illegal, you might want to take it down according to forum rules, plus they do not include the proper libraries to work so its useless.
okay... deleted
gaylord3000
ultra-n00b

Post by gaylord3000 »

Texpacks have some funny blockchain in them. Each block it seems stores texture size, 32bit number that match with number near GNF header if it is not last block or to number that always goes after 01 00 00 00 1c 00 00 00. Wad files has some references with real texture names and id attached to them. But had no luck to make any texture to be viewed in gnfviewer. Either block are not aligned or they are compressed/encrypted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gaylord3000
ultra-n00b

Post by gaylord3000 »

Sharing my "research" that i managed to do. Now i hit a wall and dont know what to do next.

https://imgur.com/a/422sHTr

gaylord3000
ultra-n00b

Post by gaylord3000 »

I extracted some data that I think are textures. I suspect oodle compression.
after running some data trough https://github.com/powzix/kraken decompressor I managed to get this:

It always decompresses 262,144 bytes and fails. I changed code in decompressor to save output buffer before exiting.
Is there anyone that could identify why its failing. Maybe data is not in solid block and it needs to be recollected before decompressing?
I adding some data that might be related.
https://mega.nz/#!6HAj2aoK!7LORl1BMrtRN ... Jv7Piu7n9I

Using oo2core_3_win64.dll always fails.
gaylord3000
ultra-n00b

Post by gaylord3000 »

Never mind. Figured it myself.