Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Model Format

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Model Format

Post by Protocol X27 »

I check occasionally, best to just ask and people can try to help once they check in. :)

I'll do my best to answer questions related to this.
koonbozorg
ultra-n00b

Post by koonbozorg »

BUMP.

With all 3 Ninja Gaiden games going in-game with RPCS3 emulator and Ninja Gaiden Sigma being fully playable, I am hoping to see an increase and revival in mod activity.

Using Protocol's tools ( thank you Protocol ), I was able to extract from the AFS files and now I was wondering how might I go about doing a simple costume swap replacing the default or maybe sky blue retro outfit with the long sleeve & traditional ninja garb Ryu features in the beginning of the game?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

@koonbozorg

Wow, thanks for sharing that. I didn't even know about that emulator. Not a problem on the tools, I hope people find them helpful. Unfortunately, I don't know the other KT formats as well as DOA5, but part of the challenge will be keeping file sizes the same until someone knows how to pad or shift addresses around. My best guess would be to start with addresses of the images within any one of the containers. With that you could jump to the image location in hex, and then paste a modified image (if it's the same byte size) over the old one. After doing that it should be possible to past the modified container back into the afs. That's all in theory of course if the game does not run any other kind of byte checks. :-/ I don't have real specifics on that at the moment, because I forget this stuff real easily when I'm away from it for more than a few days.

So does that emulator run DLC as well? NG games are the only reason I'm hanging onto my PS3, I would love to consolidate if I know Sigma 2 DLC works correctly.
koonbozorg
ultra-n00b

Post by koonbozorg »

All DLC works just fine in all Ninja Gaiden games via RPCS3. I've completed Sigma 1 on the emulator numerous times including all the missions and survival dlc with no issue.

Sigma 2 and Razor's Edge the same though they have minor kinks that need to get worked out before they become playable.

Still, the graphics render correctly and you can go about in game on both no problem.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

koonbozorg wrote:All DLC works just fine in all Ninja Gaiden games via RPCS3. I've completed Sigma 1 on the emulator numerous times including all the missions and survival dlc with no issue.

Sigma 2 and Razor's Edge the same though they have minor kinks that need to get worked out before they become playable.

Still, the graphics render correctly and you can go about in game on both no problem.
This forum is for ripping models and content from videogames for modding pupouses, It's not a forum dedicated to emulation.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Easy killer, he was just replying to my question which was indirectly related on account of the file format discussion he brought up. Yes, that's what it is for, but I was just curious since I didn't even know that emulation of the stuff was possible. Sometimes it is helpful to ask someone knowledgeable on a subject since Google can't actually answer everything otherwise this forum wouldn't exist either.

@koonbozorg, Thanks for answering. I did figure stuff out, but for some reason NG2 didn't work. I'll leave it at that or PM, so things get back on topic.
HentaiBorg
ultra-n00b

Post by HentaiBorg »

From what I understand after reading and testing a bit with the tools only the model of the Vita version are extractable.

I am not familiar with the vita version but I assume the files are stored in the LNK file of the vita game just like DOA5.
I extracted NG2 Plus Vita version with the DOA5Archivarius tools and got a the GMD and TMGL files as expected.

But when I tried to use the NG2Mesh Helper on them, I got some kind of index error.
I think I messed up and used the wrong tool to open that LNK files.

Can someone tell me what I need to use correctly get the files inside that LNK file?
drywater
ultra-n00b

Post by drywater »

HentaiBorg wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:32 am From what I understand after reading and testing a bit with the tools only the model of the Vita version are extractable.

I am not familiar with the vita version but I assume the files are stored in the LNK file of the vita game just like DOA5.
I extracted NG2 Plus Vita version with the DOA5Archivarius tools and got a the GMD and TMGL files as expected.

But when I tried to use the NG2Mesh Helper on them, I got some kind of index error.
I think I messed up and used the wrong tool to open that LNK files.

Can someone tell me what I need to use correctly get the files inside that LNK file?
You have to check force decompression in Archive Tool 1.2.1. Not sure if Archivarius has an equivalent. After that the files you get are going to be gigantic, a bunch of junk data (00s, and the sizes produced vary from file to file pair-ttgl/gmd) has to be stripped from the end of the file using a hex editor. Worth leaving an even number of 00 bytes (16 or 32) after the legit data just in case a few of those are needed. The UVW will need to be flipped and possibly moved upward a bit to realign with textures properly.
GEO
ultra-n00b

Post by GEO »

So has anyone been able to fully extract models with the "Ninja Guts v1.1 that was posted?
ryu haybusa
ultra-n00b

Post by ryu haybusa »

@Protocol X27
I was able to get around the byte check for file size by subtracting the bytes of the two files and using that number to add padding to the file. The only issue is this will only work if the target file is greater than the input filesize. Not sure how to get around "de-padding" to do the opposite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erN1IeRRLQM&t=1s