Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

The Crew fat/dat archives

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
CobraGamer
advanced

Re: The Crew fat/dat archives

Post by CobraGamer »

Thank you so much! That was quick!
masterX244
beginner

Post by masterX244 »

Noticed on the unknown files extracted from the sector files got quite a few havok physics files but those don't get a default extension added by the tool and there doesn't seem a obvious way for hacking a mapping in
verde57
beginner

Post by verde57 »

Where can I find the complete game?
The Crew Wild Run
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

verde57 wrote:Where can I find the complete game?
The Crew Wild Run
There is no such game called like that, that's only an expansion of the game a DLC.
The game The Crew has two major expansions/DLCs.
  • >Wild Run
    >Calling All Units
And you can get the game files for free by downloading the Trial Version "The Crew Ultimate Edition" with/from Uplay.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

@Ekey

It seems the file structure of the archives has changed from The Crew 2 Alpha, although I could be wrong.
Because I have access to the Closed Beta now, and the files seem to be included in less archives than the usual.
Where can I get the hook you usually use to extract more filenames while running the game?
Right now I am extracting every file name string the usual manual way by scanning every single file and see if I can update the list with more strings.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

@ Ekey

Trying to collect more strings from the files yet the tool crashes at one point.
01.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CobraGamer
advanced

Post by CobraGamer »

Why are you putting so much effort into this if we probably won't ever get a repacker for the game?
Dennissaurus
beginner

Post by Dennissaurus »

looking forward to updated texture viewer... i already began unpack of vehicles, and arranging via folder name etc, so thank you guys, keep it up <3
Edison007
ultra-n00b

Post by Edison007 »

del
Last edited by Edison007 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CobraGamer
advanced

Post by CobraGamer »

Could one of you guys maybe take a look at road66database/item.babdb in scenaric.dat? That seems to be a pretty big database with every item in the game.
dhcnmtcs
ultra-n00b

Post by dhcnmtcs »

This should rename some of the files in "vehicles_resources\__Unknown". (unfinished)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CobraGamer
advanced

Post by CobraGamer »

Is there any chance one of you will make a repacker for the game?
I've looked at some of the files and see potential there.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

CobraGamer wrote:a repacker for the game?
Something like that will never be possible for an online game like The Crew 2 for example with out getting caught/banned, no matter what, there are many checks in place to see if anything gets modified, tampered with, hacked, so on and so forth, I couldn't be more happier that they added more security I was tired of a lot of cheaters and people who fucked up he game play on the first one with those trainers and hacks, no one wants that crap.

PS: this is the "memo", in case you missed it. ;)
In order to serve its purpose of preventing and detecting the use of cheat software with the goal of ensuring a fair game environment, BattlEye may process the following information from you:

- IP address
- Game identifiers (e.g. in-game name, account ID, etc.)
- Hardware device information and identifiers (e.g. serial numbers)
- Information about the running operating system
- Information about game-related and operating-system-related files and memory
- Information about running processes, drivers and other executable code
- File names included in other information listed here, which might also contain your operating system user name

BattlEye follows a data minimization policy that ensures that data is only being stored when necessary, i.e. when BattlEye finds information that may potentially indicate the use of cheat software. As a result, BattlEye generally will not store any information on most users.

BattlEye may store the information for the entire duration of the provision of its services for the game.

You may contact Ubisoft at any time to exercise your rights in relation to this data processing. See BattlEye's Privacy Policy, https://www.battleye.com/privacy-policy/, and Ubisoft's Privacy Policy, https://legal.ubi.com/privacypolicy, for more information.
Faithfullfaun
advanced

Post by Faithfullfaun »

What is able to be extracted from The Crew 2

Can someone provide pictures of what can be extracted

I have the game on PS4 but if models can be extracted then i probably will buy it for PC :)
CobraGamer
advanced

Post by CobraGamer »

Everything can be unpacked, it's just a matter of finding the files you want as we don't have a complete filelist. As for the models, I don't know if the XBG format has changed from The Crew 1, but at the moment there's no way to open them, they are different from Watch Dogs and Far Cry XBG for sure.

@mono24: Anti-cheat software almost certainly only punishes modders, not cheaters. Cheaters will always find a way. Our changes would be much more harmless, as we don't aim to get an advantage over others by that.