Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

.Bin with NUCC header from .Hack// Versus

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
ryudogaming
ultra-n00b

.Bin with NUCC header from .Hack// Versus

Post by ryudogaming »

Hi this is one of my first Posts here so sorry if its messy.

I've recently been able to aquire a copy of .Hack//Versus and started digging through the files wanting to translate from of the menu's and attacks as stuff.

The main files are stored in the HDD.cpk file which is an easierly extractable archive.

Now when this is extracted most of the files are in the XFBIN format but thats just an extension most of the files are actually another CPK file like so.

When the file name has been changed to CPK you can open in with Cripak GUI

when you extract this you end up with a bunch of 128kb. now there is two ways you can go ahead i decided to combine the fails into one via CMD /b

now this file is also some sort of archive but i've never come across this header before. NUCC

does anyone have any idea about this file type? if they have encountered it before? if you would like me to upload the files i can do.

ryudogaming
ultra-n00b

Re: .Bin with NUCC header from .Hack// Versus

Post by ryudogaming »

okay so ive had some succsess. by changing the extension of the NUCC file to XFBIN i was able to open the file in Neosis

Question is... is it possible to repack these files :/

So ive run into trouble trying to import the files back in, when i load up CriPakTools.exe and load the old CPK which i have extracked files from, i get Error messages when using both CriPakGUI and the CriPakTools exe.