Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy Dissidia NT PS4 tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Final Fantasy Dissidia NT PS4 tools

Post by daemon1 »

Final Fantasy Dissidia NT tools.
Also work with Warriors Allstars, Dynasty Warriors 9, Nioh, Nioh 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, may work with other games.

Usage: drop something on the tool

1. G1M will produce ASCII model and SMD skeleton
2. G1T will extract all textures in "texture" folder
3. GMPK, PG1M will extract G1M & G1T
4. MDL (from Nioh) will extract G1M
5. bin.gz (from Fire Emblem Warriors) will extract G1M & G1T

Important NOTES
- ASCII format will have extended info for correct bone rotations. Noesis plugin that reads them is included.
- If model skeleton is in separate file, you need to drag both model and skeleton, dropping the skeleton onto the EXE. Alternatively, you can run the tool with 2 parameters:
ffsnt <model> <skeleton>

All cloth submeshes extracted and correctly placed.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by daemon1 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:02 am, edited 8 times in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Final Fantasy Dissidia NT PS4 tools

Post by daemon1 »

"Big endian" version. For console games.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by daemon1 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

New version. Full cloth support!

This is how it works:
Some parts of cloth meshes will be weighted normally to the main skeleton (upper parts usually).
The remaining part is supposed to work with cloth driver.
Drivers will be exported as separate meshes with skeletons. Use weight transfer (skin wrap) or other means in your favourite editor to make them work. Some give better results transferring from faces, some from skeletons.

Last edited by daemon1 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

Soo 1 little thing I noticed with this...

for Fire Emblem Warriors, it works, but it doesn't put the meshes in place on the model where it should be, instead, it's just laying out on the ground. Also, it doesn't grab the full body mesh either, just physic meshes. I can send some to ya if needed. Also there's no normals or UV's either.

edit: seems to fail on grabbing NUNO (Hair) meshes too.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

demonslayerx8 wrote: it's just laying out on the ground
it means you dont provide the skeleton to the tool
to place meshes, skeleton is needed
i completely forgot to tell that if skeleton is in separate file, you need to put is as second parameter
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

daemon1 wrote:
demonslayerx8 wrote: it's just laying out on the ground
it means you dont provide the skeleton to the tool
to place meshes, skeleton is needed
i completely forgot to tell that if skeleton is in separate file, you need to put is as second parameter
ah ok, well now I got them all in place, but sadly, doing so causes every mesh to have a lot of holes in them, but also no physic bones at all to be seen unless i do it another way, which gives no meshes and just their bones.

This is a very complicated tool.
kurokairaku
beginner

Post by kurokairaku »

So I hope you don't mind me chipping in, as someone who extracts from lots of Koei Tecmo games, I got some curiosities going.

While DSX8 outlines how the model will have holes in them, which I wish I understood why it happens, which looks similar to one of the images you posted, but heres an example image.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

The models do have rigging, as well as UV data on them.

Other issues supplied to while some bones are found for objects, (notice her long bangs things)

they seem to be right here (not attatched unfortunately) , it still makes me wonder if bones actually exist fo rthem? Her ponytail behind is also driven by physics meshes yet bones for it are not found.

Still, the fact these meshes are in their default spot rather than xentax tool drives this tool high up my "want it to work" list. Putting the models though something other than the cheese factory would help alot.

Lastly, is rigging, or these "drivers". These drivers lack form, and often look like flat planes, Is that intentional? How does one even use such a thing. You say we could skin wrap or what not the drivers onto what comes out, Are the drivers meant to have a shape to them, but something is being knocked off, or am I misunderstanding how one can use them. For flat cloth planes it makes sense, though, going by how you are doing the images.

To use the same example of the images I showed above with the same girl and her face, the driver that comes out after combining both the 000.g1m and the 002.g1m, where the face model is located, the driver extracted is this.

The ponytail Driver is a flat plane, when I half expected it to come out with a more defined 3D shape.

lastly, do you suppose you could create a python that would combine everything, rather than having to open an ascii one by one? This is a simple requests is all, and im not sure if you had that planned already. What you created so far is already amazing.

Thanks for doing this though, I look forward for when the mesh comes out cleanly at least, and thanks a lot for doing this.Also another big thanks on brinigng this info out there. You could of kept to yourself honestly, but you chose to share your work. I respect that, I really do. It helps a lot of people, and in honestly I wish I could that with some of the work I've done, though i'm borrowing talent from others.
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

kurokairaku wrote: Lastly, is rigging, or these "drivers". These drivers lack form, and often look like flat planes, Is that intentional? How does one even use such a thing. You say we could skin wrap or what not the drivers onto what comes out, Are the drivers meant to have a shape to them, but something is being knocked off, or am I misunderstanding how one can use them. For flat cloth planes it makes sense, though, going by how you are doing the images.
(...)
The ponytail Driver is a flat plane, when I half expected it to come out with a more defined 3D shape.
The drivers are what the game engine uses to calculate their physics and not exactly 'usual' bones and meshes, so they only have a base shape and aren't defined. Idk about 3ds max since i don't use it. But in Blender you can very very easily just transfer the weights from the driver cloth to the actual mesh with great results.
kurokairaku
beginner

Post by kurokairaku »

o0Crofty0o wrote:
kurokairaku wrote: Lastly, is rigging, or these "drivers". These drivers lack form, and often look like flat planes, Is that intentional? How does one even use such a thing. You say we could skin wrap or what not the drivers onto what comes out, Are the drivers meant to have a shape to them, but something is being knocked off, or am I misunderstanding how one can use them. For flat cloth planes it makes sense, though, going by how you are doing the images.
(...)
The drivers are what the game engine uses to calculate their physics and not exactly 'usual' bones and meshes, so they only have a base shape and aren't defined. Idk about 3ds max since i don't use it. But in Blender you can very very easily just transfer the weights from the driver cloth to the actual mesh with great results.
Yeah, the only time I had difficulty was when the driver, a flat plane, was driving a 3D object, like a large clump of hair. I had to mess with the various skin wrap settings in order to make sure that the small area of effect translated to the entire 3D mesh. A learning experience though I now see how I can use these drivers. It works wonderful yon actual cloth like capes and skirts though, i was really suprised. Skin Morph > Choose Driver > Create Skin. The settings most I had to make sure was enabled was "weight all points" and then fiddle with the falloff and distance because you can also use it to transfer weights 1 to 1 based on the same topology, so it calculates the weights based on the distance between the source and target verts,

In all honesty, seeing the drivers makes me understand why the hell Nights of Azure 2 had this "wall of bones" problem going on. Its the same idea.

I honestly had the idea that the driver was the simplistic model that the simulation does its calculation on, which saves on resources, rather than simulating the many more verts. Thanks for answering, now to hear on Daemon why the mesh turns into Swiss Cheese. Im sure its a reason I cant understand but I am kinda curious. Like it does half the work XD the Mesh is there with UV's and rigging data its hilarious, yet half the tri's are gon on each Quad face. If only I could understand code...
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

demonslayerx8 wrote:This is a very complicated tool.
This tool was made in only one week, and i had no time to support everything yet.
Primary purpose was Dissidia NT, and it covered this one fine.

Soon I will update the tool to fix these "holes" and support more games, including DW8/9, Nioh and maybe more.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

I will now try to answer all questions. If I forgot anything, let me know.
demonslayerx8 wrote:no physic bones at all to be seen unless i do it another way
Skeletons for physic meshes are very simple, but they are located in separate file from the main skeleton. This is why you can only see them if you use main file as source for skeleton.

Some work need to be done to merge them, and I'm not planning to do this yet.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

kurokairaku wrote:Other issues supplied to while some bones are found for objects
I dont understand this issue, because i don't have the model or model files.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

kurokairaku wrote:Lastly, is rigging, or these "drivers"
I can confirm what Crofty said, drivers are used to generate cloth meshes geometry "on-the-fly" and yes, they are usually flat.
kurokairaku wrote:lastly, do you suppose you could create a python that would combine everything, rather than having to open an ascii one by one?
I'm not making pythons. I could make the tool exporting all drivers in one file, but I dont have time for this now.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

The new version must support DW8/9, Nioh and maybe other games.

lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

Nice work as always!

Does this work with the stages for DW8/9/Nioh and FFDNTPS4 or is it only characters/cloth now?