Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
danielkarloskar1
n00b

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by danielkarloskar1 »

Maximmum wrote:Alright guys so how can i compile and decompile game lua files, i need to edit some of them!? Thank you! :)
Would also appreciate a mini guide for this too. =)
Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum »

Is there a way to do model swap? And how can i do it? For e.x. i want to replace my female player character's head with Faith's head, how can i do that :)
Ganic3000
veteran

Post by Ganic3000 »

Maximmum wrote:Is there a way to do model swap? And how can i do it? For e.x. i want to replace my female player character's head with Faith's head, how can i do that :)
At the moment it can not be done, the properties of the models are different.
connorukboy
n00b

Post by connorukboy »

why is it taking long for people to release models, is there not the right tools out yet or is the game genuinely hard to rip from?
?
tschiesas
ultra-n00b

Post by tschiesas »

Hey guys,

would it be possible to update the current state of possible modding in the opening post?
I am continuously reading this thread and waiting for the moment when I can finally modify some config files (damage multiplier for body parts, etc.), but I have totally lost track of how far you guys are.
I read that you can already extract the files from the archives, but can you repack them, so we can actually modify the game?

BR
tschiesas
Ganic3000
veteran

Post by Ganic3000 »

tschiesas wrote:Hey guys,

would it be possible to update the current state of possible modding in the opening post?
I am continuously reading this thread and waiting for the moment when I can finally modify some config files (damage multiplier for body parts, etc.), but I have totally lost track of how far you guys are.
I read that you can already extract the files from the archives, but can you repack them, so we can actually modify the game?

BR
tschiesas
You can repackage the from the old version FC, only the game will not have such readings in the archive, the structure of the code is different.(
tschiesas
ultra-n00b

Post by tschiesas »

Ganic3000 wrote:
tschiesas wrote:Hey guys,

BR
tschiesas
You can repackage the from the old version FC, only the game will not have such readings in the archive, the structure of the code is different.(
So what you are saying is that I need to wait until the structure of the code is known to properly begin modding.
I get that, thats why I suggested putting the current status of events into the opening post :)
BigTinz
ultra-n00b

Post by BigTinz »

I agree. I think that would be nice.

I have a bad feeling that nothing is going to change any time soon. Gibbed is silent on updating his tools, and it already seems kind of dead here...
connorukboy
n00b

Post by connorukboy »

BigTinz wrote:I agree. I think that would be nice.

I have a bad feeling that nothing is going to change any time soon. Gibbed is silent on updating his tools, and it already seems kind of dead here...

yeah i dont think people give a shit about ripping models from this game, if so, would of been done already by now, bet
Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum »

connorukboy wrote:

yeah i dont think people give a shit about ripping models from this game, if so, would of been done already by now, bet
Our only chance of ripping models is Ninja Ripper, but it doesn't rip the Rig(skeleton) sadly :[
tschiesas
ultra-n00b

Post by tschiesas »

I dont really care about ripping models, I would like to modify body part damage, etc. in the configs (like in FC2).
Ganic3000
veteran

Post by Ganic3000 »

Maximmum wrote:
connorukboy wrote:

Our only chance of ripping models is Ninja Ripper, but it doesn't rip the Rig(skeleton) sadly :[
All that I could get instead of the model, it's just a skeleton.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ganic3000
veteran

Post by Ganic3000 »

Car skeleton FC5.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
connorukboy
n00b

Post by connorukboy »

i was very surprised when i heard people using ninja ripper to get models from this game, i used it but the model is so fucked, takes a lot of time to fix and get it looking decent. some people are going ahead with actually fixing uv maps and all that but taking long to post which is fine, but tbh this game has quickly lost peoples interests lol
Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum »

Ganic3000 wrote:
connorukboy wrote:

All that I could get instead of the model, it's just a skeleton.[/quote]

How did you exported the skeleton? What were you using?