Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
satan0w
ultra-n00b

Re: Frostbite model tools (Battlefield 1, Battlefront 1, 2)

Post by satan0w »

LoL i am idiot 8D i read all pages six times and six times i tried set good game and folders and.... FINNALY I UNNDERSTAND :evilfury: 60% but is ok extracted all files from game :dance: thanks for script you best :bravo:
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

satan0w wrote:whoever met with chunk not found? I have this message in every frosbite game nfs16 , nfs payback , bf1 ,swbf2:(
i read all but still dont understand this:(
Or you can just use daemon1's UFBE extractor to save yourself of headache and errors.
satan0w
ultra-n00b

Post by satan0w »

hmm i use all mesh.exe and all give me two files but have 0KB meaby somone have solution for this? i need cars from nfs payback i have all game unpacked and also i tried like tutorial but not work
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

satan0w wrote:hmm i use all mesh.exe and all give me two files but have 0KB meaby somone have solution for this? i need cars from nfs payback i have all game unpacked and also i tried like tutorial but not work
What I get from what your saying is that you forgot to have in same folder the skeleton.ebx file, that's why you get 0kb in size, no one can really help and just guess, if you guys don't explain what you did exactly so we can see what's going on.
Go trough the steps once more, follow it carefully and see what's going on.
satan0w
ultra-n00b

Post by satan0w »

mono24 wrote:
satan0w wrote:hmm i use all mesh.exe and all give me two files but have 0KB meaby somone have solution for this? i need cars from nfs payback i have all game unpacked and also i tried like tutorial but not work
What I get from what your saying is that you forgot to have in same folder the skeleton.ebx file, that's why you get 0kb in size, no one can really help and just guess, if you guys don't explain what you did exactly so we can see what's going on.
Go trough the steps once more, follow it carefully and see what's going on.
i have folder working inside working have chunks and textures folders and ebx and mesh file np that car_chevrolet_belair_1955_suspensionr_setorxa_skeleton.ebx i copy all files from folders witch name belair to working and also copy inside folder Fb_SWBF2_mesh and Fb_NFSPB_mesh and when i click on Fb_NFSPB_mesh this give me ascii 0kb and smd 0KB i tryied all tools from mesh tool folder but not working meaby is damaged? dump give me 0 missing files

i tried drop on exe ebx and mesh files this give me files 0kb
i tried run exe but (error and closed) win 10 i tryied with win 7 and admin and also not work
also i tried scripts to 3dmax from bf1 for vehicles or ebx to txt script also not working
Last edited by satan0w on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

rename
car_chevrolet_belair_1955_suspensionr_setorxa_skeleton.ebx
to
walrus_humanmale.ebx
satan0w
ultra-n00b

Post by satan0w »

daemon1 wrote:rename
car_chevrolet_belair_1955_suspensionr_setorxa_skeleton.ebx
to
walrus_humanmale.ebx

ok i try this but if mazda dont have skeleton what i must?
i go to bundles ->vehicles ->player ->car_mazda_rx7spiritr_2002 and all files for mazda in this folder

https://imgur.com/a/QNX9W
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

satan0w wrote: ok i try this but if mazda dont have skeleton what i must?
i go to bundles ->vehicles ->player ->car_mazda_rx7spiritr_2002 and all files for mazda in this folder

https://imgur.com/a/QNX9W
Well now that I know what is your talking about, its already been answered, here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17236&p=138712#p138712

BUT, from what I can see in your image, something went wrong with your extraction, there are no .MeshSet extracted to work with, .MeshSet is needed for geometry.
What did you extract it with?
projectno253
ultra-n00b

Post by projectno253 »

I was able to extract most of the audio files, thanks to daemon and everyone here who posted their issues and how they were solved.

Does anyone have the z6 riot baton sounds from the a3 folder? I don't get any audio files when running the audio decoder. I think it might be because it's part of the SP addition/update and not the original game.

Thanks for any help.

edit: I was able to get extract the riot baton effects (all 3 of them...) by using the SWBF2full python script on the patch folder. Thanks again for the tools.
drakulaboy
ultra-n00b

Post by drakulaboy »

i'm able to convert 3d models with "Chunk and Mesh file management tool BF1" and MaxScripts in 3ds max after extracting with python script, but with UFBE and "Fb_BF1_mesh.exe" i fail,

Code: Select all

E:\BF1 dump2>Fb_BF1_mesh.exe mp_pigeon01_mesh.MeshSet

Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at FB_faceposer.FB_faceposer.Main(String[] args)
tried with all skeletons from bundles\characters\skeletons\character , still the same
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

drakulaboy wrote:i'm able to convert 3d models with "Chunk and Mesh file management tool BF1" and MaxScripts in 3ds max after extracting with python script, but with UFBE and "Fb_BF1_mesh.exe" i fail,

E:\BF1 dump2>Fb_BF1_mesh.exe mp_pigeon01_mesh.MeshSet

Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at FB_faceposer.FB_faceposer.Main(String[] args)
tried with all skeletons from bundles\characters\skeletons\character , still the same
you have to provide chunk name as second parameter
projectno253
ultra-n00b

Post by projectno253 »

Is there a way to extract a specific chunk from a patch if I have the chunk name? I've been using the swbf2full script in the patch folder, but nothing so far seems to be getting the right chunk. Lots of "chunk not found" when running the script and occasionally getting to chunks0.toc and extracting chunks for some elements.

I got the chunk ID for the audio file I'm looking to get by converting the ebx file to text.

edit: happened to get the right chunk for the file. Posting in case anyone else wants to know how to get patch files out...
drakulaboy
ultra-n00b

Post by drakulaboy »

daemon1 wrote:you have to provide chunk name as second parameter
omg, thank you, i thought it will find automaticly from chunk folder
Scyn
ultra-n00b

Post by Scyn »

I'm having an issue with the face poser, I'm getting a "Asset not found in asset banks (2)" error when I try dragging vur_darthmaul_01.ebx onto Fb_SWBF2_faces.exe . When I extracted the files for SWBF2, I got 174 missing chunks. https://i.imgur.com/Q0SWqE4.png When I drag it the vur file onto the faces.exe, the cmd prompt shows up for half a second and closes. When I manually try to run it, I get Asset not found in asset banks (2) https://i.imgur.com/yv6pgED.png. My files are set up like this
working folder: https://i.imgur.com/qLMaK0T.png
head folder: https://i.imgur.com/coqqREw.png
assetbank folder: https://i.imgur.com/Z2zW3vh.png

I was reading the thread and I might have misunderstood, but I gathered the missing chunks are because of the DLCs/patches? I'm not sure if thats completely right. I've brought the folder back to Origin and repaired it and re-unpacked it with the same result. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?
I'm following Croftys tutorial here. https://sta.sh/04jxcv9d9o0
XxsimonexX
beginner

Post by XxsimonexX »

i can't covert .ebx files into .wav from NFS payback using the script fb3decoder.py, every time i run the script after some conversion it stops and it says:

Audio/Cars/CarBoltOns/Gears/veh_gear_shift_broken_up
veh_gear_shift_classic_down.ebx
veh_gear_shift_classic_up.ebx
veh_gear_shift_performance_down.ebx
veh_gear_shift_performance_up.ebx
veh_gear_shift_race_down.ebx
veh_gear_shift_race_up.ebx
veh_gear_shift_sport_down.ebx
veh_gear_shift_sport_up.ebx
veh_gear_shift_stock_down.ebx
veh_gear_shift_stock_up.ebx
nfs18_carhorn.ebx
playerhorn_baseconfig.ebx
veh_horn_audi_a4_0_dualtone_420hz-480hz.ebx

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Utente\Desktop\ebx\fb3audio_nfs.py", line 550, in <module>
    main()
  File "C:\Users\Utente\Desktop\ebx\fb3audio_nfs.py", line 548, in main
    dbx.decode()
  File "C:\Users\Utente\Desktop\ebx\fb3audio_nfs.py", line 500, in decode
    decodePcm(currentChunkName, target, 0)
  File "C:\Users\Utente\Desktop\ebx\fb3audio_nfs.py", line 75, in decodePcm
    xas.swapEndianPcm(chunkPath, target, samplesOffset)
NameError: global name 'xas' is not defined
What can i do to fix this? Thanks a lot!