Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

SAO: Hollow Realization Mesh/Texture Tool

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: SAO: Hollow Realization Mesh/Texture Tool

Post by akderebur »

Updated the tool, you can download the new version from the link in the first post.

What's new
- Added support for maps. There are still couple of problematic SAO maps, Secret of Mana maps seem to be fine.
- Fixed some problems with the IQE export
- Improved model preview

Maps from SAO :
Image Image

Maps from Secret of Mana :
Fallenleader
ultra-n00b

Post by Fallenleader »

Just noting here that I have had success loading in Hollow Fragment models as well, including a few maps. I haven't exhaustively tested it though, because the maps are in tiny pieces (chunks if you will) compared to a ninjaripped scene which if imported into blender with remove duplicate meshes enabled produces clean map rips once you delete UI elements and any character/monster models.

This will indeed be useful for character ripping though, because ninjaripper doesn't play nice when ripping them.

Do note I haven't tried exporting them, just loading them.

Edit: I stand corrected. I can readily extract meshes with some success, but textures are not read. Meshes export with no bones, which is fine since I can add my own rigs. I haven't tested actual maps as I aforementioned are in pieces compared to a good ninjaripped scene. This might me useful for the hollow area though, which seems to be much more fickle to rip than aincrad maps. Not sure where heads and hair are located though.

akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Fallenleader wrote:I can readily extract meshes with some success, but textures are not read.
Yea, I already mentioned that on the previous page :
akderebur wrote:Acewell already released a script for the textures on zenhax : http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7644
Fallenleader wrote: Meshes export with no bones, which is fine since I can add my own rigs.
Interesting, I think the skeleton was working before. Maybe I broke it when I released the update for the maps. I am not doing any tests with Hollow Fragment files. I will see if I can add proper support for Hollow Fragment, when I have the time.

Can you send me the file you are exporting? The one that gets exported with no bones.
Fallenleader
ultra-n00b

Post by Fallenleader »

I don't mind, and no bones is no big deal for my particular case (though it would be a nice addition as long as they can get exported with a sane naming scheme for rigging and animation purposes, also assuming they don't export in a borked manor) as I can make a generic base and simply weight armor sets to each model for the ability to swap meshes to a single rig, simplifying things.

I am having an issue getting the preview working though. IDK why it was working before and hangs up and fails now. Trying to extract heathcliff's sword for what I am working on right now, but that's is literally impossible without being able to see and identify it.

For now, I will upload an extracted mesh along with the source file in a PM, because I am not too sure how it would be approached sharing game files directly here.

My only suggestion right now would be an about window or embed a version number on releases so it is easy to identify and ensure that the application is up to date. I just obtained it the day I made that post, so I think I am up to date unless the link contains an outdated tool.

I will be providing the animation data as well. Hopefully this is useful, and the ability to export it would be a massively appreciated bonus to boot. No worries if you don't support it though (I can make my own if need be, and pretty much bank on having to), just figured it may be useful. if you need anything else, let me know.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Fallenleader wrote:I don't mind, and no bones is no big deal for my particular case
Bones are fine actually.

Are you using "Save as IQE"? OBJ has no support for skeleton.
Fallenleader wrote:though it would be a nice addition as long as they can get exported with a sane naming scheme for rigging and animation purposes, also assuming they don't export in a borked manor
No proper names for the bones unfortunately, they will be numbered.
Fallenleader wrote: I will be providing the animation data as well. Hopefully this is useful, and the ability to export it would be a massively appreciated bonus to boot.
I have no plans for adding animation support atm. Maybe in the future.
Fallenleader
ultra-n00b

Post by Fallenleader »

Ah, I wasn't aware of that limitation, my apologies.

What about weapons though? I still cannot get them to load whatsoever, and lack Heathcliff's sword and Asuna's rapier to finish my current project. Being able to rip more is nice, but not a priority for me right now aside from those listed. Models resource only has Kirito's swords.

[SNIP]

Got the tool working again. will try loading weapons later.
Fallenleader
ultra-n00b

Post by Fallenleader »

I might have found a serious issue with the tool.

When loading anything from Hollow Fragment (PC), it will open the mesh preview the first time. After that, preview fails to load further for either Hollow Fragment or Hollow Realization. Last time, I searched the registry for any key related to the tool and removed it, and it suddenly worked again.
I have actually narrowed down which registry key is causing this issue, though why it causes it, I am unsure. I just know deleting it and relaunching the application results in the preview working again. I also don't think the issue is limited to HF, as it is registry specific.

Registry key causing the issue is actually a few keys:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ \
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ \SAOViewer\
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ \SAOViewer\1.0.0.0\

My theory is that it is because of the blank space in the structure name, but it very well could be that the entire keyset itself is causing the issue.

In the meantime, I can simply delete this key manually because I use the tool sparingly as I progress in my project, but it admittedly becomes quite inconvenient.

Anyhow, if anyone else here has this issue, just open regedit (windows key + r, type in "regedit" without the quotes, and find and delete the key with the name "SAOViewer" without quotes. This will temporarily fix the issue until you close the application again.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

It is possible that the preview loads but it is minimized for some reason, so you think that it isn't getting loaded. Next time this happens try doing this : hover to the program icon on the windows task bar, hover over to "View Model", right-click and select Maximize or Restore if available.

mryesung
n00b

Post by mryesung »

How should we use this tool? When I load the SAOHR.exe file, or load data.cpk file, the program says that the file is not supported
mryesung
n00b

Post by mryesung »

Sorry but How did you unpack cpk files? I cannot find wep folder. Only adv, attach, chcr, chr folders
Xr79
veteran

Post by Xr79 »

WHew okay, so after hours of trying and failing I'm so frustrated I want to check my computer out the window. can we please. PLEASE get an update for this tool to work with hollow fragment. I can not for the life of me get the texturest o extract or convert with any script,mod or program out there. and I'm really good and doing stuff like this, if its not one error it's another, no matter what I do I can't get the extension to add to the file I can't get noises to see the file I can get the model only and into blender but nothing with the textures.
PLEASE this is such a cool toll could you please update it for the PC version of hollow fragment.

WHen I try to add the Phyre ext to the file I get unexpected extension, osf3 expected RYHP. acewell did a wonderful job putting out a script for use, but gave no instruction how or what files to use it on.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

If I remember correctly the game had both ofs3 and crilayla compression. You are probably having a problem with one of the decompression steps.

Acewell's script should work after yoh decompress properly.
Xr79
veteran

Post by Xr79 »

akderebur wrote:If I remember correctly the game had both ofs3 and crilayla compression. You are probably having a problem with one of the decompression steps.

Acewell's script should work after yoh decompress properly.
hey thank you for getting back to me so quick. OKAY so I FINALLY got it to work. but not with Acewells script. I had to use OFS3 tools I finally got them to unpack.

But it would be SO much easier if you could add support for the textures to your tool. Your tool is so amazing for realization files. please think about adding support for fragment to
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

Xr79 wrote:I can not for the life of me get the texturest o extract or convert with any script,mod or program out there. and I'm really good and doing stuff like this.... no matter what I do I can't get the extension to add to the file....WHen I try to add the Phyre ext to the file I get unexpected extension, osf3 expected RYHP. acewell did a wonderful job putting out a script for use, but gave no instruction how or what files to use it on.
the title of the script gives you all the hints on usage (:
Noesis python script for PC version of Sword Art Online: Re Hollow Fragment *.phyre files.

the script does not perform any decompression , that should be done prior,
and it was only tested on SAO:ReHF, no guarantee on it working with other games. :]
if you're having to add extensions by hand then you are doing something wrong.
Xr79
veteran

Post by Xr79 »

Hey Acewell, Thank you for replying I finally figured it out, your script was very helpful what was never said by anyone was that the steam files are in fact encrypted as OFS3 and that I needed to use a tool not at all made for HF to decrypt them and THEN your tool worked on them like a charm that was great, i was able to get the textures.

But I have realized that there are problems with the SAO viewer and this game, it can not view certain models like the main character heads are blank files for the tool, while all weapons and player armor and NPC heads not main characters work fine without textures.

it's pretty much a mess or a crap shoot if anything works for this game. and I understand that, the tool was made for Realization not fragment, totally fine. anyways just wanted to report my findings and thank you for your script!