Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
invasion101
beginner

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by invasion101 »

Ganic3000 sent you a pm again! :) and ekey your doing a great job love the program it works for me :)
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

Ekey wrote:
sunbeam906 wrote:As far as the missing files: Ekey, why does the tool extract these for some people and not for everyone? A bug somewhere? Path size maybe?
Because people do not read what i write, that's why they use it incorrectly :)
No.. I mean.. I don't get some .lua files extracted, while for others, they are extracted. See the below links where I am explaining how I don't have 2 .lua files someone already said they have them O_O.

See these:

viewtopic.php?p=139507#p139507
viewtopic.php?p=139519#p139519

@mlleemiles: I don't know how you got those 2 extra .lua files, as I ran the extractor on another OS on farcry5.dat and I still don't get those files extracted. Maybe you used the previous version of the extractor? Or you 'borrowed' the files from FC4. Given I tested on 2 different computers the those LUA files aren't produced on extract, I can only think of that - you got them from FC4?

BR,
Sun
Last edited by sunbeam906 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

@mlleemiles: Can you please check if you have ALL of these extracted to disk? (see attached file) I've dumped a list from all the Lua files I could get their references in.

For example, here's what I could gather about Domino/System/Activity/:

Code: Select all

"Domino/System/Activity/ActivityAcknowledgeGate.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/ActivityConvoyListener.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/ActivityEnd.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/ActivityEndGame.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/ActivityInitialized.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/ActivityMiscInfoModifier_v2.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/ActivityNotifyStatus.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/ActivityObjectiveMarkerModifier_v3.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/ActivityObjectiveTimerListener.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/ActivityObjectiveTimerModifier.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/ActivityPhoneCallListener.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/ActivityRetry.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/ActivityStoppableWhenAcknowledgedModifier.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/AddActivityObjectiveConvoyHealthBar.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/AddActivityObjectiveEntityHealthBar.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/AddActivityObjectiveProgress_v2.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/AddActivityObjective_v2.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/EndActivityObjective_v2.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/GetActivityFact.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/GetActivityState.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/GetActivityState_v2.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/SetActivityFact.lua"
"Domino/System/Activity/SetActivityObjectiveProgress_v2.lua"
And here's what Ekey's extractor managed to dump on my end:

Something tells me the extractor fails at some point and doesn't output any errors.

We can then move to other folders :)

BR,
Sun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

Never mind, there's a bunch of files I got from installpkg.fat/.dat ;) So it's all good :P
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

sunbeam906 wrote: Because people do not read what i write, that's why they use it incorrectly :)
No.. I mean.. I don't get some .lua files extracted, while for others, they are extracted. See the below links where I am explaining how I don't have 2 .lua files someone already said they have them O_O.

See these:

viewtopic.php?p=139507#p139507
viewtopic.php?p=139519#p139519
There is no such thing. If the file exists in the archive then it is extracted 100%. The files you are looking for are in another archive :)

Code: Select all

+ C07D74DB4D955168 Domino\System\Activity\ActivityAcknowledgeGate.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ 682BF692CD41BABF Domino\System\Activity\ActivityConvoyListener.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ 8F7E4B7F4A6ECE06 Domino\System\Activity\ActivityEnd.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ 1444BD5B09A8C1EF Domino\System\Activity\ActivityEndGame.lua -> (farcry5.fat)
+ 4747227A3256ACAF Domino\System\Activity\ActivityInitialized.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ DDC7DB6CFCB14CC4 Domino\System\Activity\ActivityMiscInfoModifier_v2.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ 711B2D098EEBD44B Domino\System\Activity\ActivityNotifyStatus.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ ACA80A6D0396763B Domino\System\Activity\ActivityObjectiveMarkerModifier_v3.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ 2688109A1874F33C Domino\System\Activity\ActivityObjectiveTimerListener.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ 93B39C055D74F72E Domino\System\Activity\ActivityObjectiveTimerModifier.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ AFAC16A1B0C701B7 Domino\System\Activity\ActivityPhoneCallListener.lua -> (farcry5.fat)
+ 825855F607731161 Domino\System\Activity\ActivityRetry.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ 5A0DBBE5B1984FDD Domino\System\Activity\ActivityStoppableWhenAcknowledgedModifier.lua -> (farcry5.fat)
+ 018C7A7C5A14DD69 Domino\System\Activity\AddActivityObjectiveConvoyHealthBar.lua -> (farcry5.fat)
+ FD87C5D77A14C0C6 Domino\System\Activity\AddActivityObjectiveEntityHealthBar.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ 7075631CBDB279EB Domino\System\Activity\AddActivityObjectiveProgress_v2.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ BC08EF7BE5EEC20C Domino\System\Activity\AddActivityObjective_v2.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ BC024B91A1EEC20C Domino\System\Activity\EndActivityObjective_v2.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ C0F59F90DA23D8E5 Domino\System\Activity\GetActivityFact.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ 8F1C22C0938A20A4 Domino\System\Activity\GetActivityState.lua -> (farcry5.fat)
+ 8D20C96AE4276023 Domino\System\Activity\GetActivityState_v2.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ C0F5854A1A23D8E5 Domino\System\Activity\SetActivityFact.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
+ 6AC57AE193D279EB Domino\System\Activity\SetActivityObjectiveProgress_v2.lua -> (installpkg.fat)
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

^ Yeah, did figure it out on my own :) Will pimp the decompiler to parkour dirs/subdirs of Lua files :)
binlv
advanced

Post by binlv »

Can anybody tell me where the localization file and font are located where?
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

I received many messages about the request to make the packer, but I unfortunately have no time now and I'm busy with my main job. I am not greedy and will share source's of unpacker, maybe someone make packer.

Have a nice day :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

Similarly here, managed to finish the cleaner/extractor.

It makes use of some old source-code I had lying around + snippets from various places on the internet. The only thing I can say I'd take credit for is the time spent to combine these and apply my own logic to the process. Tool can now recursively scan a folder's root and sub-folders for ".lua" files and then feed them to the ProcessFile function.

I've managed to extract all Lua files (or so I think; let me know if I missed any other .dat archives).

- listing the archive names I've extracted data from, set as folder names here-in:

- if you drag and drop a single .lua file over the GUI, this happens:

- if I want the remnants gone (activityendgame.luadec, activityendgame.unluac) and activityendgame.clean renamed to activityendgame.lua, then tick the bottom checkbox:

- lastly, if you want the tool to recursively do the above for all .lua files found in a folder/sub-folder/sub-folder... then go up one level and drag over the entire folder; you can do this with the root as well (my root is FC5_Lua; so if I dragged that, all found .lua files would be processed; yes, it takes a while):

Credits:

1. Ekey for the ability to extract Far Cry 5 files from the .dats using .fats.

2. Hans Wessels for the unluac Java decompiler (https://github.com/HansWessels/unluac)

3. Ovidiu Cucu for his last post in this thread: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/456 ... d-findnext

BIG NOTE: You need Java RE installed for the decompiler to work! Don't say I didn't tell you so! (Link: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 33155.html - - at the time of the post, Java SE Runtime Environment 8u162)

Report any bugs and enjoy :P
SolidSnake916
ultra-n00b

Post by SolidSnake916 »

I been using the unpacker, but finding all the Music, and Radio Songs is proving very hard. Has anyone else found most of the Cult Music? As some are mixed a special way and not released on the OSTs. Also the background music when some of the Leaders are talking is really good. But i when i extracted the .Fat files i get alot of duplicates. i was converting the .wem to .ogg and testing them out, alot of the .bnk dont extract. Wondering if im using prehistoric tools lol. Someone who is an audio wiz please help :)
danielkarloskar1
n00b

Post by danielkarloskar1 »

Thank you all for working on it!
Now we can remove all things that are so bad and annoying. :D
BigTinz
ultra-n00b

Post by BigTinz »

How are people accessing unreleased guns like the beretta?

I was under the impression there was no functional repacker for these files. I used Gibbed's Primal Dunia tools and the repack didn't work...
classlion
ultra-n00b

Post by classlion »

Hay, guys! Maybe i can halp you.
Use oggdecV1.9.7 like in Far Cry 4 and Watch Dods.

Maybe its sbao format. Plaese, say to me, if it be succesfull.
classlion
ultra-n00b

Post by classlion »

As always most of the good stuff is hidden in the gamefiles. Extraction is pretty straight forward, the only downside is the mass of files to dig through. All you need are dunia2 and "oggdecV1.9.7"

Then locate your "sound.dat" and "sound.fat" in the "data_win32" folder your Farcry 4 folder, copy them both into the dunia tools folder and just drag/drop "sound.dat" on the "Gibbed.Dunia2.Unpack.exe". Extraction takes a while so don't close the window, it will dissapear when it's done. Some files are recognized as "wav", some files are "unknown", but you can still decode them with oggdec. However there are lots of empty files in between the unknown files.

Please, say to me about result.
Csimbi
veteran

Post by Csimbi »

sunbeam906 wrote:Similarly here, managed to finish the cleaner/extractor.
Great job Sun, as always ;-)

Keeps crashing here. (Trying dragging single file: \common.dat\domino\system\coop\lualibraries\lualibcoop.lua)
Could you link me the source code in a PM so I could debug?
Thanks!
______
Csimbi