Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
sunbeam906
beginner

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by sunbeam906 »

mlleemiles wrote:From my knowledge of modding previous FCs, you either find lines like this "EnableUnlimitedAmmo(1)" in their system scripts or find them using a function hook (You probably won't get the parameters). Not all functions are referenced in system scripts.
I used that as a reference. Am not trying to find Lua functions' parameters here, am trying to find out why referenced .lua scripts are missing :) There is one script called "EnableUnlimitedAmmo_v2.lua" in some of the decompiled outputs.
mlleemiles
beginner

Post by mlleemiles »

sunbeam906 wrote:
mlleemiles wrote:From my knowledge of modding previous FCs, you either find lines like this "EnableUnlimitedAmmo(1)" in their system scripts or find them using a function hook (You probably won't get the parameters). Not all functions are referenced in system scripts.
I used that as a reference. Am not trying to find Lua functions' parameters here, am trying to find out why referenced .lua scripts are missing :) There is one script called "EnableUnlimitedAmmo_v2.lua" in some of the decompiled outputs.
Can you post the Create box of the script you are talking about?
MysteriousJojo
ultra-n00b

Post by MysteriousJojo »

Ekey wrote:Updated here

* Disabled (:bfuscation
* Unknown files now are placed in individual folders:

Code: Select all

__Unknown\BIK\
__Unknown\BNK\
__Unknown\FCB\
__Unknown\LUA\
and etc.

* Base of names updated. Removed unused names also added some new names.
This unpacker works only with .fat extension files,right? Because when i tried to unpack farcry5.dat the unpacker just crashed and said that "the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process".
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

MysteriousJojo wrote:This unpacker works only with .fat extension files,right? Because when i tried to unpack farcry5.dat the unpacker just crashed and said that "the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process".
You need choose FAT files, not DAT. FAT is File Allocation Table, DAT is package.
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

Progress report:

Scenario 1 -- removing LUAC container and dumping clean script file (left, original; right, container removed):

Scenario 2 -- removing LUAC container, dumping script file and decompiling it (left, original; right, container removed -- left, container removed; right, decompiled):

Will post after some more testing.

Cheers,
Sun
iambosh
advanced

Post by iambosh »

The only fat file i can unpack is

farcry5.fat
installpkg.fat
farcry_english.fat

I really want to unpack common.fat and patch.fat to get to the engine render settings
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

What the problem? I'm checked unpacker on all archives and works perfect.
invasion101
beginner

Post by invasion101 »

I’m interested in only the music files. Where would they be within the packages exactly?
iambosh
advanced

Post by iambosh »

Ekey wrote:What the problem? I'm checked unpacker on all archives and works perfect.
It for some reason wanted common.dat in "D:\common.dat" as opposed to the same dir as common.fat. same for patch
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

^ Carefully.. again.. carefully make sure what you type is what the tool expects :D
veav
ultra-n00b

Post by veav »

sunbeam, any chance in hell this same approach can be made to work on the oasis string bin files? It looks like someone had a way to decompress them for FC3 and FC4, but the dropbox they posted no longer exists.
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

No idea, might take a look.

Decided not to post the version I have now for the decompiler as it works with individual files being dragged over the GUI. I'll make it so it detects what you drag over, file or folder, so that it is then able to also process an entire folder of Lua files :) There's like 4680 Lua files in farcry5.dat.
invasion101
beginner

Post by invasion101 »

beautiful! good job! cant wait! ^
iambosh
advanced

Post by iambosh »

sunbeam906 wrote:^ Carefully.. again.. carefully make sure what you type is what the tool expects :D
it worked fine with farcry5.fat but for some reason the unpacker wants "common.dat" and "patch.dat" in "D:\" even tho the fat files are in the game directory with the unpacker files. They unpacked fine tho. Just weird.
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

It's not weird at all. Make sure you navigate to tool folder first and don't run it from wherever you are when you open CMD.