Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

BTEX in FF15 PC

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
Robin
beginner

BTEX in FF15 PC

Post by Robin »

I have extracted btex file from fntbin file, loaded into Noesis and I got exported attached graphic. So, I started wondering how to edit it. Checking Noesis plugin, it seems that this exact font graphic uses BC4 compression. Does anybody know how to edit this BTEX graphic with BC4 compression?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: BTEX in FF15 PC

Post by episoder »

partially complete extractor there >>> viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17659

if you need more formats you can add more of those stylie

Code: Select all

elif fmt == 0x21:
		texData = rapi.imageDecodeDXT(texData, width, height, noesis.FOURCC_BC4)
		texfmt = noesis.NOESISTEX_RGBA32
lines for the formats you need decoded. in the benchmark the format fmt byte is at 0xA6. there you can find the hex for the fmt.

edit: sure missed the reimport question. done.
Last edited by episoder on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robin
beginner

Post by Robin »

Yeah, I have checked this python script. But the problem is how to edit it and insert back to the game in the same format - BC4. I don't see any import functions in Noesis.
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

has anybody tryna mod this any technical knowledge of binary and howto code things to get this done? you know reimporting doesn't stop at the btex files. you gotta get the earc back together too. who's gonna do that? i'm not complaining about dummy questions. /sarcasm

so... yeh. let me dl the benchmark again. gotta try bewbs or pants off? i hope the format didn't change in the demo version. i won't download it. i don't need it. it doesn't run on my potatoe. no point modding it.
Last edited by episoder on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robin
beginner

Post by Robin »

I know how to put btex to fntbin and I know how to make zlib chunks to put the file again into earc - I see all needed pointers in earc. I did similar things with text already, so this part is not a problem.
I have found few programming codes and file format description, but I was wondering if there is a tool to edit BC4 format already, just to not waste time and discover America once again.

Format didn't change in demo version. Demo contains all needed things to translate the whole game, with all text for royal edition (~400 000 words in EN). Even benchmark has this text already, but EN/JA only.
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

okay. raw stuff. did the extraction in bms. it outputs dx10 ddses. was easier to deal with bc3+ files. works with batch folder and reimport, but ofc you need a dx10 dds, the same format and sizes. you need the full texture data chunk with mipmaps. in that case they are needed - like most models will need them - you gotta generate them when saving the modified texture.

update: fixed the dxt5 fmt flag. lil bummer counting binary :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by episoder on Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robin
beginner

Post by Robin »

Thanks a lot for this :) After change French "ç" into Polish "ę", my font was compressed into bigger chunks than the original, so offzip and bms didn't work. But I have made new zlib chunks, inserted and moved all needed pointers manually today, and it works :D

------
Edit: I have made a tool to extract and rebuild EARC archives, with no restriction in compressed filesize. I will publish it in few days.
Robin
beginner

Post by Robin »

RlySkiz
ultra-n00b

Post by RlySkiz »

episoder wrote:okay. raw stuff. did the extraction in bms. it outputs dx10 ddses. was easier to deal with bc3+ files. works with batch folder and reimport, but ofc you need a dx10 dds, the same format and sizes. you need the full texture data chunk with mipmaps. in that case they are needed - like most models will need them - you gotta generate them when saving the modified texture.

now... i'm still waiting for the test here. dunno if the de-archiver can reimport this correct now.

edit: probably luck the compressed chunk fit in there, but we got a skintone bra. :]

When i open the file you uploaded it immediately closes itself. Also does it need to be in a specific folder like the ff15/datas folder or can it be wherever? I can't quite follow in general.. I have a bunch of .btex files extracted from the game with Hammerhead and Noesis but have no way of converting these into actual materials/textures
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

RlySkiz wrote:When i open the file you uploaded it immediately closes itself. Also does it need to be in a specific folder like the ff15/datas folder or can it be wherever? I can't quite follow in general.. I have a bunch of .btex files extracted from the game with Hammerhead and Noesis but have no way of converting these into actual materials/textures
hello newb. ofc it won't work without the tool. the script is for quickbms. note that the download comes with a reimport bat in the box, but you need the dotmode bat for this script's reimport to work.

(i sholda called it .hack bat. that's where this very requested feature started :D)
RlySkiz
ultra-n00b

Post by RlySkiz »

hello newb. ofc it won't work without the tool. the script is for quickbms. note that the download comes with a reimport bat in the box, but you need the dotmode bat for this script's reimport to work.

(i sholda called it .hack bat. that's where this very requested feature started :D)
I have the dotmode.bat but am i missing something here? I am, i know.. but.. Why export it and import it again... i want to be able to open the materials/textures the .btex files to be able to use them in blender for example since i'm already able to export the models into .fbx files via Neosis but the textures are missing. Thats what i try to do. Why should i reimport them again after exporting. I don't want to change anything on them to make mods for the game, i try to get the character models basically to be able to use them in blender. Same with .lsd or .sab sound files...

Or does the dotmode.bat change every .btex into useable .png or something?
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

if you wanna extract, just use the script in quickbms as it is. it is an extractor. it is dx10 and is based on reimport specs tho. meant to mod.

if you just wanna preview and extract, you could try to use the noesis plugin >> here. it's only partially complete. it should open and export most textures correct tho.
RlySkiz
ultra-n00b

Post by RlySkiz »

Posted in this topic already but somehow missed that single link.. thx.

got it working now.. lets see if i can find Shiva ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Simguy
advanced

Post by Simguy »

Shiva = sm03 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RlySkiz
ultra-n00b

Post by RlySkiz »

Yep already got her, even with textures and all... i also found her giant version that you can see in the snowy train area.

Basically got every game asset now, this is insane.. Every prop, food, street signs, chairs, building parts, weapons, npc, mobs, bosses, summons, whole mountain ranges... finally.

The only problem i have really is that every character has very weird hair since its prepared for nvidia hairworks i guess, everything looks like they have tagliatelle hair.