Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Titanfall 2/Apex Legends

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
DJMutagen
ultra-n00b

Re: Titanfall 2

Post by DJMutagen »

hey, guys! any updates? I'm trying to access the bt and cooper dialogue audio. Gotten pretty good recordings through audio card and EQing some of the bg music out (i use samples for my own music), but they are still not the best quality or as isolated as I'm looking for. Also, anyone found a way to simply disable the campaign music? It's AMAZING and I understand why they don't have an in-game option; The music is freaking AMAZING and flows with the story. ANYWAY. Thanks for al your hard work, everyone!
alexio614
ultra-n00b

Post by alexio614 »

Yea... seems like this game didn't get enough attention from the modding community (can't blame them either).
tschumann
advanced

Post by tschumann »

Not sure if anyone saw it but there's some information about the purpose of .rpak and .starpak files in http://twvideo01.ubm-us.net/o1/vault/gd ... eaming.pdf
Looks like they store some sort of texture data for performance.
cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 »

tschumann wrote:Not sure if anyone saw it but there's some information about the purpose of .rpak and .starpak files in http://twvideo01.ubm-us.net/o1/vault/gd ... eaming.pdf
Looks like they store some sort of texture data for performance.
I do plan on having another look at them when I have free time.
Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan »

Hi. I've been fiddling with rtech_game.dll for quite a while. Now I'm relatively new to reversing so the work doesn't really go that fast. But I managed to find functions that manage data chunks and the actual rpak decoder. So if anyone is interested (cra0?), I can provide functions' file offsets and basic explanations of what part does what. I reverse in x64dbg so I can even provide database with comments and functions (but it's a mess with my own notations). I yet have to polish the decoder ported code (written in python) and figure out where and how does unpacked data go.
Rainbow 6 Siege forge unpacking tool:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2cuse4hp90y ... qTfja?dl=0
Wanty
ultra-n00b

Post by Wanty »

I'm curious to see what you done around that.
tschumann
advanced

Post by tschumann »

Tushkan wrote:Hi. I've been fiddling with rtech_game.dll for quite a while. Now I'm relatively new to reversing so the work doesn't really go that fast. But I managed to find functions that manage data chunks and the actual rpak decoder. So if anyone is interested (cra0?), I can provide functions' file offsets and basic explanations of what part does what. I reverse in x64dbg so I can even provide database with comments and functions (but it's a mess with my own notations). I yet have to polish the decoder ported code (written in python) and figure out where and how does unpacked data go.
Yeah any more details would be good.
tschumann
advanced

Post by tschumann »

Looks like Apex Legends might use the same formats as Titanfall 2. Anyone made any progress with .rpak, .starpak or .stbsp files?
tschumann
advanced

Post by tschumann »

I've had a very brief look at some .stbsp files - the start of header seems to be as follows:

Code: Select all

__int32 iMagicNumber;
__int16 iMajorVersion;
__int16 iMinorVersion;
Titanfall 2 has v8.0 and Apex Legends has v8.1 by the looks of it.
loongers111
ultra-n00b

Post by loongers111 »

tschumann wrote:I've had a very brief look at some .stbsp files - the start of header seems to be as follows:

Code: Select all

__int32 iMagicNumber;
__int16 iMajorVersion;
__int16 iMinorVersion;
Titanfall 2 has v8.0 and Apex Legends has v8.1 by the looks of it.
the Apex .rpak files also look like v8.1, but not sure the compression method of this kind of files
cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 »

I'm trying to form some sort of discipline and get back into this stuff.

Last I recall titanfall2 .rpak was encrypted or packed with a unique compression method.
I'll purchase the game this weekend and have a look.
durandal217
veteran

Post by durandal217 »

cra0 wrote:I'm trying to form some sort of discipline and get back into this stuff.

Last I recall titanfall2 .rpak was encrypted or packed with a unique compression method.
Or you can download apex legends, it's free and it's using 8.1 of the titanfall 2 engine.
loongers111
ultra-n00b

Post by loongers111 »

cra0 wrote:I'm trying to form some sort of discipline and get back into this stuff.

I have this game and can send the link to you if you wish.
The rpak file might contains the index , and the decompress routine is in the 180004B80 and 180004EA0
4b80 is the function to determin the decompress size, and 4ea0 seems like the real decompress routine,
but I could not get its real content after decompress, it seems still encrypted or something.
mads059k
ultra-n00b

Post by mads059k »

Any news on this topic?
Has anyone found a way to datamine Apex legends yet?
eg0npro1
ultra-n00b

Post by eg0npro1 »

cra0 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:12 am I'm trying to form some sort of discipline and get back into this stuff.

I think it would be better to download Apex Legends at this point, as the most assets are now stored in .rpak and .starpak files, i tried opening some .vpks but nothing useful is there.