Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Frostbite model tools (Battlefield 1, Battlefront 1, 2)

Post by mono24 »

Nat517 wrote:Sorry about that, and really thank you for the help, I've been feeling lost the whole day until you showed up. I just figured out I always had them in the same folder with the other two, but the fb3decoder.py won't recognize EASpeex.dll and kept saying it is not found.
You have to start from scratch and make sure all paths are correct for every asset required, double check, even I who did this tens of times I get lost in it.
Nat517 wrote:And about the other error, yes it kept shows up and I have no idea what to do with it. I have python 2.7, which is recommended in this thread. I also tried a newer version of python (3.6), and it just kept saying "invalid syntax".
These scripts where meant to work with any python version 2.7.3 and up, not the other variant 3.x.x, ignore any version that is 3 and up, ONLY 2.7.3+.

For what game are you trying to get the audio from and I need to know the EXACT script your using for extraction/conversion, because some scripts have certain arguments disabled.
arkham45128
ultra-n00b

Post by arkham45128 »

Hi everyone!

I would like to have the Castillian Spanish audios of the videogame..... What do I have to do? Can someone explain that to me? Or could someone extract 'em and give'em to me?
Thanks!
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

arkham45128 wrote:Hi everyone!

I would like to have the Castillian Spanish audios of the videogame..... What do I have to do? Can someone explain that to me? Or could someone extract 'em and give'em to me?
Thanks!
L O L, Seriously, does anyone know how to read these days? WTH???
If you go back on page 16 you'll see what you need to do to get them, DAMN.
atoqir
ultra-n00b

Post by atoqir »

Can somebody but me in the right direction please. I tried for hours.

I have all the files I need and I extract the music files with the Universal Frostbite Extractor with the filter 'music'

In my dump directory is a one 'bundles' directory (no chunks) with lots of subdirs with EBX music files

When I run the Phyton script (I have the right version and DLL's and modified the file accordingly nothing happens. I just get a window that stays there forever and no music files are dropped in my directory I specified.

Any help is appreciated cause I have been looking for hours into this but can't find it.

Python 2.7.3 (default, Apr 10 2012, 23:31:26) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information.
>>> ================================ RESTART ================================
>>>
XAS1 dll detected.
EASpeex dll detected.
EALayer3 tool detected.
>>>
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

atoqir wrote:In my dump directory is a one 'bundles' directory (no chunks) with lots of subdirs with EBX music files
And you will continue to stare at the screen for hours because you will never succeed to convert the audios only by EBX extraction.
EBX needs the chunks in order to convert, EBX link to the chunks files.
So go back in UFBE and make sure you do this:
In your filter type "sound" is for every audio that game has or "music" is just for music of the game.
then tick/check for:
-create subfolders, -ebx and -chunks, then do the python for conversion again.
assuming your using SWBF2 game.

oh and if that fails saying missing chunks and nothing from chunks is extracted, might as well dump the whole game to avoid other errors.
atoqir
ultra-n00b

Post by atoqir »

Thanks I tried your suggestions and did a full dump. Chunks en bundles are there now.

The game I am trying is BattleField1. Does that need another script or is this the right one cause the script doesn't seem to be doing much. No errors or no progress.

I script mentions BF4. Does it need modifications? I feel that I am very very close
Mike Oxmaul
n00b

Post by Mike Oxmaul »

Hi! I tried to import car chassis mesh from NFS Payback and the program gives me an error:

Other car parts (like bumpers, fenders, etc.) converts successfully, but car chassis is not. This error applies not only to this file, other car chassis meshes too. I used tools from 1st page (fb_models_faces) and UFBE 0.2.1. Can anyone help me, please? If you'll needs an any file from the game - I'll send it to your PM.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

atoqir wrote:Thanks I tried your suggestions and did a full dump. Chunks en bundles are there now.

The game I am trying is BattleField1. Does that need another script or is this the right one cause the script doesn't seem to be doing much. No errors or no progress.

I script mentions BF4. Does it need modifications? I feel that I am very very close
the audio script mentions BF4 because it was all started based on that game, and it was kept the same for other games, except other necessary editing that was made along he way to support other games, ignore it its not relevant.
All you have to do now is follow the conversion tutorial again and they should convert.
atoqir
ultra-n00b

Post by atoqir »

I finally got it working however the soundscript extracts few folders and throws WindowsError: [Error -529697949] Windows Error 0xE06D7363

Oh well I just keep my fingers crossed and hope EA will release an official soundtrack like they did for the first DLCs.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

atoqir wrote:I finally got it working however the soundscript extracts few folders and throws WindowsError: [Error -529697949] Windows Error 0xE06D7363

Oh well I just keep my fingers crossed and hope EA will release an official soundtrack like they did for the first DLCs.
That is a nasty error that even I couldn't get rid of or find a solution, only few people can know how to fix those, unfortunately most lost interest in this.

The only work around those errors is for you to remove the EBX that caused it, usually its the LAST file that was trying to be converted in the log before the error block, once you remove that file from the directory restart the conversion process and will continue, so on and so forth.
drakulaboy
ultra-n00b

Post by drakulaboy »

so, how i extracted BF1 sounds/audio from DLC's
i used only 2 exe's from here swbf_cas.exe and xas_decode.exe
go to Battlefield 1\Data\Win32\installation\xpack2_install (xpack1_install or any map from there)
drag cas_01.cas (cas_02.cas, cas_03.cas etc) on swbf_cas.exe only one file, don't choose more files, and in xpack2_install will appear a lot of files, wait until the CMD window will close, we are interested of files who has extension .exa , drag a file on the xas_decode.exe and in the same folder will appear the audio file, some files won't convert :) cheers

P.S.: don't try to unpack from \Battlefield 1\Patch\Win32\installation
you won't get any result
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

drakulaboy wrote:so, how i extracted BF1 sounds/audio from DLC's
This is bad idea. And you probably missed the thread. This thread offers proper way to extract and convert ALL audios with proper names. Not the old method from another thread that you used.
drakulaboy
ultra-n00b

Post by drakulaboy »

daemon1 wrote:
drakulaboy wrote:so, how i extracted BF1 sounds/audio from DLC's
This is bad idea. And you probably missed the thread. This thread offers proper way to extract and convert ALL audios with proper names. Not the old method from another thread that you used.
okay, i dumped all files from the game with the Python script, and did not found all the russian DLC voices, now i wait to dump all files with UFE 0.2.1, i hope to get what i want, thank you for the tools
i was able to import meshes to 3ds max, now i want the sounds and that's all :)
hats off to daemon1, with your tool i have more chunks than with Python script, with python script i haved only 103923 chunks with UFE - 138183 chunks
Dumping files...
322740 file(s) dumped successfully.
23221 file(s) failed because of chunk not found.
aaand UFE is a little bit faster than python script
going to find dlc's sounds/audio
EDIT: got all the sounds i was looking for, thank you!
streetracer23
n00b

Post by streetracer23 »

Please take tutorial for UFBE and please take screenshot UFBE at nfs pb before unpacking, i dont understend where add ticks at program . I unpank NFS PB
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

streetracer23 wrote:Please take tutorial for UFBE and please take screenshot UFBE at nfs pb before unpacking, i dont understend where add ticks at program . I unpank NFS PB
tutorial is on the first page!