Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

NFS Payback

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: NFS Payback

Post by mono24 »

enter wrote:
Did you perform that in 3DSmax just as to apply a smooth option?
yes
Interesting, I performed same thing, convert it in to poly, then apply the smooth option, the result does not change one bit, while your result is crisp, unless I am missing something
enter wrote:
And about the textures tools you provide they are just for dds textures, i need a tool can convert from .Texture to .DDS and it must be have a chunks option too, because if the tool does not have the chunks option it will not work anyway.
Well, I figured that's the only issue your having, because those batch texture converters get the DDSs out of the chunks with the correct header, doesn't mean they all can be previewed/opened by known tools/soft, that's where those tools come in, they get those damaged DDS textures and converts them to readable formats.
enter
ultra-n00b

Post by enter »

mono24 wrote:Interesting, I performed same thing, convert it in to poly, then apply the smooth option, the result does not change one bit, while your result is crisp, unless I am missing something
you need to apply edit poly modifier on top of the editable mesh, because the smoothing modifier does not work with editable mesh but the problem is that not all the car parts have the same amount of smoothing and you will lose all your UV maps too.

and i tried the textures tools but still no luck, just black color nothing else.
othanb7
ultra-n00b

Post by othanb7 »

How to FIX Like this ? went i click F5 and then like this :(

NB > I use WIndows 7 64 Bit

Please Help Me for Ripped NFS Payback Models [roll]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

othanb7 wrote:How to FIX Like this ? went i click F5 and then like this :(
Make sure you uninstall first your 64bit of Python and install 32bit version 2.7.3 and up,
because LZ77.dll is 32 built and there for does not support 64bit,
you can definitely use latest version, I use it all the time and it works well.
https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.1 ... 2.7.14.msi

NOTE:
Try to avoid long names for your directories because you can encounter other errors.
try to at least shorten the location for the extraction in something like this:

Code: Select all

targetDirectory     = r"D:\NFSP_dump"
And use another HDD, NOT same HDD where the game is installed, to avoid other errors.
othanb7
ultra-n00b

Post by othanb7 »

Ok Bro its Done and Work :wink: but the file format is .ebx how to change format .ebx to 3d models ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

othanb7 wrote:Ok Bro its Done and Work :wink: but the file format is .ebx how to change format .ebx to 3d models ?
Damn, does anyone know how to read now a days? All info is available already, just requires for you or anyone else, you know, to actually read it, not trying to be mean here, just saying.

You can not "change" .ebx to models, those are binary text files that are meant for other things like converting audios or extracting transforms for some game assets, bone/skeleton information, etc etc etc.

Go in to res folder and over there you'll find the file formats that will need the .chunk files from the chunks folder.
more available info is here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17114
including tutorials and tools, all you gotta do so pay attention and inform yourself, even if examples are for another game they all work the same.

I will be away for few days so I wont be able to help much.
streetracer23
n00b

Post by streetracer23 »

Hi all ! I unpacked game and have 2 folders bundles and chunks , what next ? i read tread at battlefront and dont understend what next / / /
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

streetracer23 wrote:Hi all ! I unpacked game and have 2 folders bundles and chunks , what next ? i read tread at battlefront and dont understend what next / / /
If you go back and pay close attention you'll see its all there.
In the attachment for the Battlefront game you'll also find Fb_NFSPB_mesh.exe and you do same procedure as explained, to convert the meshes, and its also attached here on first page by daemon1.
streetracer23
n00b

Post by streetracer23 »

Fb_NFSPB_mesh.exe crashed conwertion car_audi_r8v10_2016_headlights_seta_mesh . How fix it ? i convert meshes car from RES folder only
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

streetracer23 wrote:Fb_NFSPB_mesh.exe crashed conwertion car_audi_r8v10_2016_headlights_seta_mesh . How fix it ? i convert meshes car from RES folder only
As daemon1 already stated, you need to grab any skeleton.ebx file that the game has and rename it walrus_humanmale.ebx from the EBX folder, and the conversion will start, because its hardcoded to support hat name only.
if you'd look on first page where he posted you'd see.
streetracer23
n00b

Post by streetracer23 »

Hi ! please take screenshot UFBE at nfs pb before unpacking, i dont understend where add ticks at program
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

streetracer23 wrote:Hi ! please take screenshot UFBE at nfs pb before unpacking, i dont understend where add ticks at program
You said you already have the game extracted and files are in two folders, bundles and chunks so all you need to do is use daemon1's tool to convert meshes.
For ease of use make a batch file like this in a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++:

for %%a IN (*.MeshSet) do Fb_NFSPB_mesh.exe "%%a"
save it as example: Fb_NFSPB_meshCONV.bat
now copy it inside a car folder you want to convert, with Fb_NFSPB_mesh.exe
and also make sure you have a skeleton.ebx renamed to walrus_humanmale.ebx
for example I used:
car_beck_kustomsf132_1932_suspensionf_skeleton.ebx and renamed it to walrus_humanmale.ebx.
Any skeleton will work.
so once you have in your car folder all these three files:
Fb_NFSPB_meshCONV.bat
Fb_NFSPB_mesh.exe
walrus_humanmale.ebx

all you have to do is double click on Fb_NFSPB_meshCONV.bat and conversion will begin.
XxsimonexX
beginner

Post by XxsimonexX »

When i try to use the fb3decoder.py I get the following result after few audio conversions occur:

Audio/Cars/CarBoltOns/Gears/veh_gear_shift_broken_up
veh_gear_shift_classic_down.ebx
veh_gear_shift_classic_up.ebx
veh_gear_shift_performance_down.ebx
veh_gear_shift_performance_up.ebx
veh_gear_shift_race_down.ebx
veh_gear_shift_race_up.ebx
veh_gear_shift_sport_down.ebx
veh_gear_shift_sport_up.ebx
veh_gear_shift_stock_down.ebx
veh_gear_shift_stock_up.ebx
nfs18_carhorn.ebx
playerhorn_baseconfig.ebx
veh_horn_audi_a4_0_dualtone_420hz-480hz.ebx

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Utente\Desktop\ebx\fb3audio_nfs.py", line 550, in <module>
    main()
  File "C:\Users\Utente\Desktop\ebx\fb3audio_nfs.py", line 548, in main
    dbx.decode()
  File "C:\Users\Utente\Desktop\ebx\fb3audio_nfs.py", line 500, in decode
    decodePcm(currentChunkName, target, 0)
  File "C:\Users\Utente\Desktop\ebx\fb3audio_nfs.py", line 75, in decodePcm
    xas.swapEndianPcm(chunkPath, target, samplesOffset)
NameError: global name 'xas' is not defined
Anyone can help me please?
raven154
ultra-n00b

Post by raven154 »

mono24 wrote:
streetracer23 wrote:Hi ! please take screenshot UFBE at nfs pb before unpacking, i dont understend where add ticks at program
You said you already have the game extracted and files are in two folders, bundles and chunks so all you need to do is use daemon1's tool to convert meshes.
For ease of use make a batch file like this in a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++:

for %%a IN (*.MeshSet) do Fb_NFSPB_mesh.exe "%%a"
save it as example: Fb_NFSPB_meshCONV.bat
now copy it inside a car folder you want to convert, with Fb_NFSPB_mesh.exe
and also make sure you have a skeleton.ebx renamed to walrus_humanmale.ebx
for example I used:
car_beck_kustomsf132_1932_suspensionf_skeleton.ebx and renamed it to walrus_humanmale.ebx.
Any skeleton will work.
so once you have in your car folder all these three files:
Fb_NFSPB_meshCONV.bat
Fb_NFSPB_mesh.exe
walrus_humanmale.ebx

all you have to do is double click on Fb_NFSPB_meshCONV.bat and conversion will begin.
car_beck_kustomsf132_1932_suspensionf_skeleton.ebx... in what folder is, detailed...
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

raven154 wrote:car_beck_kustomsf132_1932_suspensionf_skeleton.ebx... in what folder is, detailed...
That was just an example I used, there are many others you can use, simply go at the root of "ebx" folder and search for "skel" and see what it comes up, then you pick any of them and you rename it accordingly and that's it.